Tata Nexon Petrol XZA+: Ownership Review

My nexon will be a one year old baby by 9th July and is now due for this third service. It has run only 5000 kms.

Any particular points to be kept in mind for the third servicing in Nexon XZA+ ?
Congrats, do get the oil and filter changed, I did it for my Nexon XMA in the 2nd service, and paid for it. For the 3rd service it should be free.
Also get the air and cabin filter cleaned. And coolant top-up if required.
Check also if any ECU update is available for your car.

Thread Starter #77
Improvement in mileage after third service

I got the third service of my Nexon XZA+ (P) done and wanted to see if it has made any difference to the mileage. So today early morning I took it on a highway ride on Greater Noida expressway. I wanted to extract and see the maximum mileage I can get, so I drove in ECO mode with a very light foot on the accelerator, RPM always below 2000 and set the AC to 26 degrees on ECON mode. Once on the highway I kept the speed between 60 to 70 and the AMT kept the car in 5th gear. There was hardly any traffic on the expressway so the car rode steadily without the need to apply brakes or change any gears. The mileage started climbing steadily and crossed 20.6 km/ which was the previous best I had got from my Nexon (see post number 16 in this thread).

After comfortably crossing the previous best, the mileage reached a peak of 23.0 km/ litre. I believe this is a very good mileage, but at the same time it is not achievable / practical in real life scenario because the driving conditions cannot be this much ideal (highway with no traffic, cruising in ECO mode at a constant speed of only 60 without any acceleration or braking). To say the least the drive was not a fun drive, only to extract the best mileage.

So I do believe after the third service the mileage has improved

Has any of the other TAIers got a better mileage from a petrol Nexon ?

IMG20190721073722-1040x780.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #79
Disappointed with mileage obtained on Agra expressway after third service

A few days after I got the third service of my Nexon done, I went with my family on a trip to Agra. I was eager to see if the third service has made any difference to the mileage. Since the journey was throughout on expressway from my home to Agra, I was expecting a high mileage figure.

While going to Agra I maintained a constant speed around 100 in ECO mode. For a trip of about 220 kms I got an average mileage of approx 14.5 which was less than my expectation, as I had previously got a mileage of 20.6 in ECO mode, but that was at a lower speed of 70-80.

While coming back I drove in CITY and SPORTS mode and used ECO mode only for cruising. I maintained a speed of around 120. For the return journey I got a mileage of approx 12.5. This was also much lower than my expectation.

The probable reasons for low mileage could be the higher speed at which I was driving. I also feel that the expressway has a concrete surface due to which it has higher friction resulting in lower mileage. There are some small patches of coal tar road on the expressway and I could feel the difference when the car moves from concrete surface to tar surface. My earlier mileage readings were also with a single passenger (only me as a driver) whereas this time I had a total of three passengers.

Does anyone agree with my observations - mainly higher speed and concrete surface, for the lower mileage I got ? Do you have any similar observations ?

Disappointed with mileage obtained on Agra expressway after third service

A few days after I got the third service of my Nexon done, I went with my family on a trip to Agra. I was eager to see if the third service has made any difference to the mileage. Since the journey was throughout on expressway from my home to Agra, I was expecting a high mileage figure.

While going to Agra I maintained a constant speed around 100 in ECO mode. For a trip of about 220 kms I got an average mileage of approx 14.5 which was less than my expectation, as I had previously got a mileage of 20.6 in ECO mode, but that was at a lower speed of 70-80.

While coming back I drove in CITY and SPORTS mode and used ECO mode only for cruising. I maintained a speed of around 120. For the return journey I got a mileage of approx 12.5. This was also much lower than my expectation.

The probable reasons for low mileage could be the higher speed at which I was driving. I also feel that the expressway has a concrete surface due to which it has higher friction resulting in lower mileage. There are some small patches of coal tar road on the expressway and I could feel the difference when the car moves from concrete surface to tar surface. My earlier mileage readings were also with a single passenger (only me as a driver) whereas this time I had a total of three passengers.

Does anyone agree with my observations - mainly higher speed and concrete surface, for the lower mileage I got ? Do you have any similar observations ?
Please don't be purturbed by this milage on a heavy car like Nexon, Hyundai and other petrol C-SUV give a pathetic milage below 10.
As the KM addup on the ODO, and your driving style will be adapted accordingly, just chill and enjoy your ride.

Thread Starter #81
Please don't be purturbed by this milage on a heavy car like Nexon, Hyundai and other petrol C-SUV give a pathetic milage below 10.
As the KM addup on the ODO, and your driving style will be adapted accordingly, just chill and enjoy your ride.
I am not bothered by the mileage I get on everyday rides, even if it is less. Safety is paramount. I am just curious and inquisitive about the maximum mileage Nexon can give under ideal conditions [:D]

I am not bothered by the mileage I get on everyday rides, even if it is less. Safety is paramount. I am just curious and inquisitive about the maximum mileage Nexon can give under ideal conditions [:D]
In Delhi's maddening traffic even if you get around 12, be a happy man. As in India there can never be ideal driving conditions[gun]

Thread Starter #83
IMG20190727080756-1040x780.jpg

Today morning got this mileage on my petrol XZA+ on highway. Thats something we hear only from diesel Nexon owners. The previous best I got was 23 (see my post above). Today's mileage is a whopping 4.7 km more than my previous best. Any guesses what factors gave me this higher mileage ?

Last edited:
Improvement in mileage after third service

I got the third service of my Nexon XZA+ (P) done and wanted to see if it has made any difference to the mileage. So today early morning I took it on a highway ride on Greater Noida expressway. I wanted to extract and see the maximum mileage I can get, so I drove in ECO mode with a very light foot on the accelerator, RPM always below 2000 and set the AC to 26 degrees on ECON mode. Once on the highway I kept the speed between 60 to 70 and the AMT kept the car in 5th gear. There was hardly any traffic on the expressway so the car rode steadily without the need to apply brakes or change any gears. The mileage started climbing steadily and crossed 20.6 km/ which was the previous best I had got from my Nexon (see post number 16 in this thread).

After comfortably crossing the previous best, the mileage reached a peak of 23.0 km/ litre. I believe this is a very good mileage, but at the same time it is not achievable / practical in real life scenario because the driving conditions cannot be this much ideal (highway with no traffic, cruising in ECO mode at a constant speed of only 60 without any acceleration or braking). To say the least the drive was not a fun drive, only to extract the best mileage.

So I do believe after the third service the mileage has improved

Has any of the other TAIers got a better mileage from a petrol Nexon ?

View attachment 262143
Congrats msklilly for an year of the ownership. What all was done in the service and how much was charged?

Top Bottom