Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

Thread Starter #721

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
After a long - long time got some spare time to wipe the car clean. Also removed the dirt and grime in the engine bay,of past 2 months.
As it is I prefer a waterless wash,and avoid wasting water unnecessarily. But even then 1 to 2 buckets are required,otherwise cleaning is not as desired. I used home used cotton towels for cleaning,and humble waxpol polish,nothing fancy.

IMG-20200612-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20200612-WA0023.jpg

Thank you TATA for giving my Nexon that much ground clearance,as my swift front bumper chin used to scrape daily on this very slope of my home.Swift had poor approach angle.

IMG-20200612-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20200612-WA0027.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #723

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
The battery posts have lately been showing lots of whitish deposits.I think that is corrosion on battery terminals.
I cleaned them with baking soda and warm water and applied protective coating.

this is after cleaning it thoroughly
IMG-20200619-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200619-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200619-WA0002.jpg

this is after 1st coat
IMG-20200619-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200619-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200619-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200619-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200619-WA0007.jpg

this is after 2nd coat. I like the blue color. Matches my Nexon.
IMG-20200619-WA0008.jpg

Blue ,blue and more blue !

IMG-20200619-WA0009.jpg

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
The battery posts have lately been showing lots of whitish deposits.I think that is corrosion on battery terminals.
I cleaned them with baking soda and warm water and applied protective coating.

this is after cleaning it thoroughly
View attachment 277710

View attachment 277711 View attachment 277712

this is after 1st coat
View attachment 277713 View attachment 277714 View attachment 277715 View attachment 277716 View attachment 277717

this is after 2nd coat. I like the blue color. Matches my Nexon.
View attachment 277718

Blue ,blue and more blue !
View attachment 277719
Actually what coating is that? I have seen the same applied in @vishnu vichu's Amaze battery terminal by the dealer.

Thread Starter #726

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Well the first niggle came up in my Nexon. The driver side door has stopped locking and unlocking all of a sudden. If I sit inside and do it manually it responds but if I do it by remote it simply doesn't lock. Rest of the doors are locking as normal.
I suspect my door latch has gone rogue. My main practical problem is that I can not leave the car anywhere because it's always unlocked from the driver side door.

Thread Starter #728

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thanks for the tip. Will do it first thing in the morning. Hoping that it works. Then I will be able to avoid going to the service centre.

Thread Starter #729

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Well the first niggle came up in my Nexon. The driver side door has stopped locking and unlocking all of a sudden. If I sit inside and do it manually it responds but if I do it by remote it simply doesn't lock. Rest of the doors are locking as normal.
I suspect my door latch has gone rogue. My main practical problem is that I can not leave the car anywhere because it's always unlocked from the driver side door.
Spray a good wad of WD 40 in the door latch, Keyhole and Joints of Handle. Will sort itself out.
Sometimes my XUV navigator door acts that way.
Thanks for the tip. Will do it first thing in the morning. Hoping that it works. Then I will be able to avoid going to the service centre.
Well ,I tried that WD40 bit .It doesn't seem to be working. So I went to the ASS in the morning. There is very little staff due to this solar eclipse thing. They said ,leave the car with us ,we will inform you when we find the solution, because head mechanic will see the problem. I enquired about the total charges, if the car is given now. They said it will be around 3000-3500/- if the latch is to be changed. Apparently they are charging 750/- for sanitisation of the car, because of corona. I wonder what they are doing inside, and what sanitisation solution they are using, because they are charging this amount from every car/customer, not just me. They refused me entry on the shop floor, because of new corona-guidelines. I respect that. I will not fight over it.
It is just that I want them to do the work in front of my eyes.
I have no intention of leaving the car with them. I do not trust how many persons, how many drivers/staff will handle my already completely + daily sanitised car. I personally disinfect it with the best disinfectant spray, daily in the morning and then in the evening before retiring . Its a necessity for me and my job. I am ready to pay 750/- extra, over and above the actual bill, for the so called "sanitisation charges" , but I want to see what work they are doing on my car, and where else they are touching the car interiors, so that I can later on clean/sanitise that area after the service.
I went to them only because of warranty issues. If this is not resolved, I will go ahead and do it all by myself. It wont be a burden, I would love it in fact.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Apparently they are charging 750/- for sanitisation of the car, because of corona. I wonder what they are doing inside, and what sanitisation solution they are using, because they are charging this amount from every car/customer,
It seems just another money making rocket. I doubt they will sanitize the car in a proper way?

A couple of days back my car was taken for service. When the car came back, I asked the driver whether they have done any sanitization after service which initially he said 'yes', but when asked again he said he doesn't know. But he is sure that they cover inside of the car with some sort of thin non-woven fabric type material and after the service they throw it away.

(it seems they did not throw away the material used to cover the gear knob- it covers full gear lever. The driver shown me that and told me that they use the same material for the whole car inside. I think they cover parts/area wherever the guys need to touch ?)

Anyway, lucky that they did not charge anything in the name of sanitization

bhvm

Honoured Member
But he is sure that they cover inside of the car with some sort of thin non-woven fabric type material and after the service they throw it away.
Mahindra used to do that in 2013~14. You can see it on my XUV thread. But then they stopped, only (Seemingly) to brought under the name of Corona
Back then there was no extra charge for this.

Corona has been very unfair so far. Some Sectors have used it as a cash cow. Others are suffering.

Thread Starter #732

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Mahindra used to do that in 2013~14. You can see it on my XUV thread. But then they stopped, only (Seemingly) to brought under the name of Corona
Back then there was no extra charge for this.
Maybe you were lucky. I was charged always and every time for this. They had this car protection kit for servicing XUV ,made out of tissue paper like cotton cloth ,so that customer feels premium during his XUV servicing. But they did it half heartedly.Many times half of the covers were left unused .Like they used the covers provided for steering and gear and driver seat but leave the covers for co driver seat and maybe dashboard spread cover just like that packed on the seat. I used to notice it,on returning home,unfold it and then wonder what it was meant for .Only then I used to figure out that it was actually a 5 to 6 pieces cover kit meant for various places to protect from grease and dirt during servicing.
But like I said,I was always charged for it. I think it was 250/- for the kit. And I never objected to it.Even though it was a new and weird experience for me,what with their half hearted attempts and all.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #734

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
It is just that I want them to do the work in front of my eyes.I have no intention of leaving the car with them. I do not trust how many persons, how many drivers/staff will handle my already completely + daily sanitised car. I personally disinfect it with the best disinfectant spray, daily in the morning and then in the evening before retiring . I want to see what work they are doing on my car, and where else they are touching the car interiors, so that I can later on clean/sanitise that area after the service.
I went to them only because of warranty issues. If this is not resolved, I will go ahead and do it all by myself. It won't be a burden, I would love it in fact.
OK,I lost my patience after trying to convince them for 2 hours, to just let me see their job. They were not budging from their stance and kept asking me to leave the car at ASS and return home. So I returned,but with the car, and I went ahead and bought new door latch from the retailer in my city,after searching this part from parts- catalogue. It cost me 1900/-. Since I had to pay in advance,there was no question of discounts.
If I am successful in doing it all by myself,I will end up saving 2500/,and may look smart in my own eyes But that will only happen if my diagnosis is correct. If I am wrong,and something else is faulty in the door,eg a coupler or a loose nut or wire or something,I will look like a fool with 1900/- OEM part on my head, unnecessarily.
90% of people in my place ,will say forget it! And they will go straightaway to service centre and hand over the car there. I will not fault them.They will be correct in their approach. It's just that I am like this only,and I want to try it from my end first.

Now comes the main part: How to open the door pad and change it at my home,with the available tools, and without breaking and ruining anything in the car. I am not a professional, just a hobbyist so let's wait till tomorrow.

IMG-20200622-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20200622-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200622-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200622-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20200622-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20200622-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200622-WA0009.jpg

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
90% of people in my place ,will say forget it! And they will go straightaway to service centre and hand over the car there. I will not fault them
This is What I may have done.
Tinkering with cars and Learning about them in the process makes us stand out from the crowd.

BTW this often happens with Safari, Often the Rod Calibration nuts become loose, hence range of Motion (Of door handle) is not far enough for door latch to activate. a Few turns here and there and it starts working again!

Top Bottom