Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

Hi, have completed almost 2 years and 25000 km nexon xz+ Red.. around 1 month back my keyless remote battery suddenly exhausted for both remote.. thought it was because of time duration. So replaced with duracel new battery in both remote.. but now in only 1 month thiese again exhausted.. don't know why.. now seems definately issue with keys..
Is any one having this kind of issue with Tata motors new series cars...

Thread Starter #709

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hi, have completed almost 2 years and 25000 km nexon xz+ Red.. around 1 month back my keyless remote battery suddenly exhausted for both remote.. thought it was because of time duration. So replaced with duracel new battery in both remote.. but now in only 1 month thiese again exhausted.. don't know why.. now seems definately issue with keys..
Is any one having this kind of issue with Tata motors new series cars...
This should not happen.
Either the battery/cell replaced is not according to OEM advised specs
or the keys are somehow draining the battery fast. Please change it to original specs and watch out for drain.If it still persists show it to ASS,as its under warranty still.

Thread Starter #710

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
My Nexon got Fastagged too. 29 feb 2020 was the last day stipulated for free fastag.
NHAI had earlier announced for free NHAI FASTag from November 22 to December 15 last year. But I came to know that National Highways Authority of India had recently decided to waive FASTag fee till February 29 .
I went to the nearest toll plaza for Nexon's Fast Tag,and it was totally hassle free. It took 5 min only ! I stuck the sticker on the windshield myself.

IMG-20200229-WA0022.jpg
IMG-20200229-WA0002.jpg

To and fro was about 70 kms and this is the average I got,with A.C on all the way. 25 km/liter is a very satisfying figure even after taking into consideration that it might be over optimistically set on the display.
IMG-20200229-WA0020.jpg

today I noticed that my Nexon idles at 600 rpm. I think maybe it's a bit low? Should be around 750RPM. I will ask other owners. This may lead to stalling,but it has not happened so far. My erstwhile ritz used to idle at 700 to 800 RPM.
IMG-20200229-WA0000.jpg

Incidentally a small milestone completed
IMG-20200229-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #711

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Being a Frontline Covid Warrior , my last 2 months had been extremely busy and filled with lots of work related risks. I did not have the time to even look up online posts. And this profession at this time is very-very tiring too.But the Nexon kept me company,always without failing. I had been maintaining social distancing with everyone,including my family,but my Nexon was the only exception here. It has been the closest thing to me,this past 3 months,although I had to do daily sanitisation of the Nexon.

In the meantime crossed a small milestone on the road. Although the movement had been very very less these past few months.Most of the time it was parked at the hospital,sometimes 12 to 18 hours at a stretch. Thankfully there was no issue with the battery,as my other colleagues are facing,because of long parking at the hospital.
IMG-20200610-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0005.jpg

Its very difficult to drive the car with all the PPE kit and all. But I had no other option.I was asked specifically to wear it and come,and not start wearing it after entering the premises,therby increasing the infection risk to the patients
IMG-20200605-WA0003.jpg

Although I am smiling in this pic but actually I am very uncomfortable in this suit.May be I am happy to return back home after work hours and smile is there because I am soon going to get rid of this sweaty suit.
IMG-20200605-WA0004.jpg

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I did guess why you are not attending the forum as in the past.!

All you health care guys are still fighting with the Covid and we all know how risky and tiresome job you guys are doing in the last 2 months or more.[cheers]

Take care, and hope the virus attack will come to an end very soon[think]

Thread Starter #713

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

All you health care guys are still fighting with the Covid and we all know how risky and tiresome job you guys are doing
hope the virus attack will come to an end very soon[think]
Thanks for your support and encouragement. But I am not very confident about this virus leaving us that easily.
And the vaccine thing is still a bit away. So, although I would like to be proven wrong, but I don't think we have come out of the doldrums yet. Mortality is going to increase further.

Thread Starter #714

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Nowadays all my polishes and wd40, collinite and waxpol and car freshener bottles,and all car care products are replaced with this, in this corona era. They have occupied a permanent place in my car.They go wherever I go.They are with me 24X7.
I don't worry about polishing my Nexon anymore.Now I only worry that the car is sanitised fully or not. I have to ensure that not even one corner of the car is left untouched/left out with the 3M disinfectant.I make it a habit to wear masks and take out extra packets of masks,in case it is needed in the hospital.
O, how the times have changed!!

IMG-20200611-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200611-WA0006.jpg

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Although I am smiling in this pic but actually I am very uncomfortable in this suit.May be I am happy to return back home after work hours and smile is there because I am soon going to get rid of this sweaty suit.
My Salute to the DOC ARMY and soldiers like you.

Infact I failed to recognize you in that suit! Guess that shows how bulky it is!

Thread Starter #718

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Salute to you Mayankji .
One doubt , when you are wearing PPE from home , won't contaminants from garage and all get deposited ?
This is for my protection. Remember PPE stands for Personal protective equipment. So I would not worry about garage contaminants, because inside I am all clean.Thats the purpose of this kit,to protect me from outside dirt and contaminants and infection.
This kit is for OPD patients only.
For indoor patients when I have to visit patients in the wards I change into a different PPE kit provided by the hospital.That changeover I do in the hospital outroom itself meant for doctors and staff for changeover of clothes, before entering the wards.

This 2nd kit is disposable,and has to be discarded daily.But its like all airless and sweaty inside. I mean there is no ventilation at all. I feel in the 44 degrees in my city,anyone in this suit will get dehydrated if he is not cautious!!
When I take it off I am all wet and all the clothes are wet.Water flows out of the arm pieces as they are taken off,only its not water its sweat.

IMG-20200611-WA0017.jpg

I feel I am working in CHERNOBYL, and not in Kanpur.
IMG-20200611-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200611-WA0015.jpg

Me in full protection suit .
IMG-20200605-WA0007.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #720

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I can really imagine the sacrifice you guys are taking.
Hats off to you sir.
Take care.
Stay safe.
Salute to you Mayankji
My Salute to the DOC ARMY and soldiers like you.

Infact I failed to recognize you in that suit! Guess that shows how bulky it is!

All you health care guys are still fighting with the Covid and we all know how risky and tiresome job you guys are doing in the last 2 months or more.[cheers]
Thank you fellow members for your encouragement and support. I appreciate this very much.
This will boost my morale which was dwindling a bit in the past few weeks.

Top Bottom