Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

Turbo failures can come as early as taking the car out of delivery (mostly seen in earlier batches of Hyundais ) and as late as 2L-3L km (toyotas , its rare )
The main issue in India is our quality of diesel and also driving patterns (not to be confused with driving habit ) - say a driver uses the car for a short trip of 3-5 kms daily or say a driver uses the car for a long drive of 50kms with stops at each 10km ) , the shut off and ignition , each time can show affects on engine and also turbo , and this effect is reduced by how the manufacturers tune their car to Indian condition (Hyundais still haven't done that right ) .
Fiat sourced engines , more often show issues mostly with high pressure and low pressure pumps , turbo failure is rare , but cant deny too .

Thread Starter #678

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
My city is getting colder too. This is the average temperature during daytime! I heard it went down to 2 degrees in the night!!
No need to go to the mountains. It's all here already.

IMG-20191229-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20191229-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #680

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
You are welcome anytime you choose(to shift base,just in case).
But beware,then I will borrow your Safari,to show my friends and colleagues,what a proper 4x4 looks like.

Thread Starter #682

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
So it's dropping every day. Today it reached further low. I am talking about the cold wave in my city,and all of north India.
This is not the min temperature, but the daytime one.My colleague asked me jokingly,would I go to nainital for new year celebrations."Who cares?" was my reply.Why will I torture myself more?,I added.Its nainital everywhere in North India!

IMG-20191230-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #684

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Do check with any engine oil additive for warming up the engine faster .
I do appreciate your concern,and will thank you for that but I am a scared sort of person in these matters.
Which additive will do what,(good or bad)to my car engine, I do not know.My knowledge is limited here.
Will OEM recommend it? I don't think so.None of them ever do and it's never in the manual.
Should I try it on my car without proper previous experience and knowledge? No, only if someone near me first tries it on his car. I do not want to be guinea pig,you see.
But still thank you again,because you intended good.

Last edited:
I understand your concern Mayankji, I also have the same perspective as yours , not being a test dose . In Merc , BMW"s and moreover quite recently seen in Mahindra Alturas , they have this winter mode option . I think what it does is a kind of prewarming up (Like the old days , heater setup in Ambassadors) - Kindly enlighten me , those who know winter mode does.
Best alternative Mayankji is
1. Don't use the ride until temperature comes around 10degC.
2. Else change the engine oil to winter suited condition (Based on Viscosity rating). Assuming your oil maybe 5W30 - Its suited for low temperatures , as if am right , lower the index , better suited for low temerature condtions . But I don't know for how much degrees of temperature , this spec maybe suited , experts do comment.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So it's dropping every day. Today it reached further low. I am talking about the cold wave in my city,and all of north India!
@mayankdixit , sardi ney band baja diya hai[clown] Just imagine, in Noida & NCR, temperature in early morning and nights is going around 2-3 Degrees. At daytime yesterday around 12:00 noon it was 7. Now, do you have a remedy to take care of inner fogging of windows? Can't think of opening a slit due to the chill and driving becomes tough due to the fogging of windows from inside.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #688

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
6deg, that too day temperature.[surprise] Here (northern Kerala) the temperature now is 25deg and towards noon it will reach to 32+
Enjoy sir, your area is now like a tourist spot for us. Warm and cozy without a heater!
@mayankdixit , sardi ney band baja diya hai[clown] Now, do you have a remedy to take care of inner fogging of windows? Can't think of opening a slit due to the chill and driving becomes tough due to the fogging of windows from inside.
I never got the time to use shampoo and toothpaste and what not for the windshield and windows. Looked up at the owners manual for the solutions and then simply started using front and rear defogger routinely. All problems solved

Last edited:
Thread Starter #689

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Sunlight in my city after so many days of foggy mornings. Finally got the time to clean up the glasses.
Nexon looks like it's giving me a big smile!!

IMG-20200105-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200105-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200105-WA0003.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #690

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Me and my Nexon ,both are enjoying the sunlight and rise in warmth in the climate.

IMG-20191203-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20191203-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20191203-WA0006.jpg

Meanwhile the battery started to play the spoilsport.Its only 2 years and cranking problem arose this sunday.Its tied up with a synthetic fibre+cloth type material.
On inspection I found out that battery is Amaron with 6 ports for topping up with DW.

IMG-20200106-WA0120.jpg
IMG-20200106-WA0119.jpg
IMG-20200106-WA0118.jpg
IMG-20200106-WA0116.jpg
IMG-20200106-WA0117.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom