Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

bhvm

Honoured Member
I came to know it is removed now with new batches.
One of the worst Habits of TATA (And to some extent Mahindra these days).
They have been removing pitiful small things like charging sockets, PW button back-light. Seats are made smaller in Storme compared to Old Safari (And early storme).
What Tomfoolery!
Airbag logo is very faint and classy on the dashboard.
Just like it should be. A subtle reminder.

Thread Starter #632

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Rear Windshield fogging issue has resurfaced,and this time it's more severe, hampering the Rear visibility severely.
Rear defogger working all right, but I have to use it continuously. Maybe it is due to extra humidity in September with rains and all still continuing.
I am going to use the special Cream as advised by the fellow members, earlier.
IMG-20190920-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20190920-WA0007.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #634

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Check is the fogging occuring only once the ride is taken after it had been parked in rainy environment.
You are Bang on in your diagnosis. This is exactly what is happening!!
One thing I give you, you must be having vast experience in all this car defogger business, to suggest me solutions that accurately.
Thanks for the tip.
Now please suggest a means of bypassing it.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
special Cream as advised by the fellow members, earlier
Cut a potato and rub the half flat part.
Shaving foam also works nice. Keep it for 5 mins and wipe off with microfber.
Now please suggest a means of bypassing it.
Safari has a bad habit of keeping carpets wet from below. This causes high moisture. See if there is something like that with your TATA.

Thread Starter #636

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Cut a potato and rub the half flat part.
Safari has a bad habit of keeping carpets wet from below. This causes high moisture. See if there is something like that with your TATA.
You have got me scared. I am going to look into this wet carpet nuisance ASAP. Maybe that's the root cause of all this.
And thank you for your suggestions.

Sir , [:D] @mayankdixit

This was just a simple diagnosis , as in Kerala , we encounter monsoons , that's the minimum experience I have.
My suggestion , ensure that there isn't dust on the glass (both sides ) .Another thing is if at all mist starts forming , does it start from a point or does it form equally . If the case is former , then that area needs inspection (it can be as minor as a small dust particle to major issue like glass chip). Thirdly , ensure that cabin temperature is in sync with outside temperature .

Thread Starter #639

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Followed up advice of @bhvm. Thanks to you. Seems to be working well.
Put up a de-humidifier in the car. Water /moisture gets collected separately, in the lower chamber,and can be seen on shaking the jar,as shown in the last pic.
Now no issue with frosty windows. They remain clean and clear even after parking in rains.
  • Dehumidifier jar is designed to remove dampness & humidity from the air in your car or home
  • The hydrophilic crystals helps to retain moisture from air and helps combat condensation, damp rooms, allergens in the air, mould, mildew
  • Easy to use. Ideal for cars, boats, garages
  • The first drop appears within 1 - 3 weeks depending on the humidity level. Absorbs up to 3 times it's own weight in water
  • Depending on the humidity level, the product will last between 4 - 6 weeks
  • Spill proof, comes with a revolutionary one way filter which doesnt allow trapped moisture to spill out of the box
  • Fragrance free and lasts for over 4 months

the dehumidifier jar,can be put up anywhere in the car.
IMG-20190926-WA0018.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0014.jpg

this is the pic of rear windshield in which reflection of the roof is seen
IMG-20190926-WA0022.jpg

again this is the pic of rear windshield in which reflection of the roof is seen
IMG-20190926-WA0023.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0021.jpg

water level showing that much amount of nuisance causing moisture is already trapped inside!
IMG-20190926-WA0012.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how you are getting so much frost on your car windows, we both live in the same city, and I don't face this issue, frost does form but not like your Nexon, is it the same in your XUV?
A time tested trick I've been using as a habit since my Riyadh days ( it's blistering hot there 50* in the shade under a tree)
I always have window visors on all my car's, and leave a few mm of the front 2 windows open. Keeps the car fresh with negligible condensation in monsoon and winters.
I do have a enclosed (not sealed) garage.

Thread Starter #642

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I don't know how you are getting so much frost on your car windows, we both live in the same city, and I don't face this issue, frost does form but not like your Nexon, is it the same in your XUV?

I do have a enclosed (not sealed) garage.
You have put up a very valid point.
Xuv doesn't fogs up like this.
My cars are parked in the gallery. Parking is covered but not sealed. Both the cars parked in same scenario at same place in same weather. One is fogging up other is not.
Maybe I am missing something. Or maybe Nexon is missing a gasket /grommet/seal from the underbody or something. I Will look into it more thoroughly.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
@Nanofreak do you also have a Nexon?

One is fogging up other is not.
Maybe I am missing something.
Nope.But Tata is missing some good people in the Engineering/Design Department.

Nexon is missing a gasket /grommet/seal from the underbody or something. I Will look into it more thoroughly.
1.Open the scuff plates and check area beneath them.
2.Also open the cowl area and check for Drains or any leakage spots
3.Check AC drain pipe in footwells.
4. Check the spare wheel Cavity. I am assuming you have i10 like spare wheel cavity below the boot mat. Sometimes this turns into a water bucket and stays wet for days.

Thread Starter #645

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
1.Open the scuff plates and check area beneath them.
2.Also open the cowl area and check for Drains or any leakage spots
3.Check AC drain pipe in footwells.
4. Check the spare wheel Cavity. I am assuming you have i10 like spare wheel cavity below the boot mat. Sometimes this turns into a water bucket and stays wet for days.
Thanks for the heads up.You are correct in saying that sometimes we miss the 4th point,ie spare wheel cavity,for the source of trouble.In my case its bone dry.I replaced a punctured and repaired stepney few days back.

Last edited:

Top Bottom