Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

Thread Starter #542

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Does the engine which Nexon uses, is shared by some other car also??
As far as I am aware the ans is no.
1.5litre 4 cylinder Diesel Revotorq is unique to Nexon only.
It has been developed in-house by TATA motors. It is different from earlier quadrajet of Manza , Zest and Indica.
Ofcourse the same family of engine is used in Tiago and tigor, albeit in a different states of tune.

Why do you ask so.?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #544

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
The Zest is available in petrol and diesel versions; the Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre Quadrajet diesel engine (in two states of tune 75 PS and 90 PS) which is already being used on Indica Vista and Manza and the petrol version of is powered by a new Revotron 1.2-litre turbocharged, 90 PS engine. All come with a 5-speed manual transmission, with the option of an automated manual on diesel versions.[8]
wikipedia

Also see THE SPECIFICATIONS as under
Powertrain
Engine 1.2L Revotron Turbo I4 petrol
1.3L Quadrajet I4 dieselTransmission 5-speed manual
5-speed automatic

The Zest diesel is powered by the familiar 1.3 liter, Fiat-sourced Quadrajet engine with a variable geometry turbo. It produces 89 BHP @ 4000 rpm and peak torque of 200 Nm @ 1750-3000 rpm. This is the national engine we see in all maruti cars,and many other brands too.Only they have fixed geometry turbocharger.

The Nexon diesel gets a 1,497cc, 4-cylinder turbocharged motor making 108 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 260 Nm of torque @ 1,500-2,750 rpm. This engine is from the Revotorq family and features a cast iron cylinder block and an aluminium cylinder head. It is also equipped with an aluminium oil sump and an auto tensioning timing belt. This is different from the quadrajet unit seen in manza and zest.Moreover Nexon is 6 geared while all of them were 5 geared.

hope it makes it clear.

Last edited:
It has been developed in-house by TATA motors. It is different from earlier quadrajet of Manza , Zest and Indica.
Why do you ask so.?
Isn't the same engine of Nexon used in Tiago or Tigor ?

Why do you ask so.?
As far as I know, nexon engines are used in the Tiago /Tigor JTP editions.

Thread Starter #549

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Correct you are. It's the same family of engine with one cylinder less,as in Diesel Tiago ,or with lesser capacity as in petrol Tiago.
By exclusivity I only meant 4cylinder revotorque of Nexon.

Last edited:
Correct you are. It's the same family of engine with one cylinder less,as in Diesel Tiago ,or with lesser capacity as in petrol Tiago.
By exclusivity I only meant 4cylinder revotorque of Nexon.
JTP edition are petrol only. Both Nexon and the Tiago/Tigor JTP have 1.2 L Turbo Charged 3 Cylinder Petrol engines. Power figures are also quite close (111 HP /114 HP).

Ofcourse the same family of engine is used in Tiago and tigor, albeit in a different states of tune.

Why do you ask so.?
1.5 litre diesel Revotorq engine is jointly developed by Tata Motors and Austrian engineering company AVL . AVL is world famous automobile engine designing company with proven record of designing Jaguar and many other engines . I am happy with my Nexon's diesel engine and found it smoother than DDIS 200 , Creta and Duster diesel engines.

The Zest is available in petrol and diesel versions; the Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre Quadrajet diesel engine (in two states of tune 75 PS and 90 PS) which is already being used on Indica Vista and Manza and the petrol version of is powered by a new Revotron 1.2-litre turbocharged, 90 PS engine. All come with a 5-speed manual transmission, with the option of an automated manual on diesel versions.[8]
wikipedia
And I guess, if I am not wrong, Zest Petrol 1.2 Turbo 90 PS Engine has 3 cylinders?

+ 1 on this. With my Tigor too, I got FE figures of 27.5 on a stretch of 1-2 kms, when I reset it during my ride after a minute or two of starting. :)
Resetting what? Could you advise in detail ?

Top Bottom