Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

Thread Starter #16

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thanks Kinshuk. Arya,sharma.rk,Ambylovers.
@kinshuk.arya
Would you mind sharing the pricing of the vehicle?
I will give the details shortly.
I wanted to share few pics first.

I like the shape of shark fin antenna
IMG-20171102-WA0001.jpg

Ceramic strip continues around fog lamps too
IMG-20171102-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20171102-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20171102-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20171101-WA0018.jpg

Wipers have a wierd shape,but they clean nicely
IMG-20171102-WA0004.jpg

Tata logo has a nice glossy finish even on the tyres
IMG-20171102-WA0015.jpg

Meaty tyres are Bridgestone turanza,with diamond cut alloys
IMG-20171102-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20171102-WA0017.jpg

headlights have prominent eyebrows,which are visible from the driving position
IMG-20171102-WA0009.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
1st and 2nd gear shifting notchiness and hesitancy has reduced somewhat, but has not gone away totally. I plan to visit TASS in the next week, if it does not go away by then.In the meantime my intention is just to enjoy the ride.

Thread Starter #19

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thank you Beattheroad for your wishes.And hereonly I can say..same to you [;)][:D]How is your ride? Any problems,surprises?Is it diesel?
wanted to add few pics,so here they are:

this is how it looks in night
IMG-20171103-WA0051.jpg

driver side door signs are backlit
IMG-20171103-WA0050.jpg

my beloved swift before it went away
IMG-20171103-WA0049.jpg

engine compartment of nexon diesel
IMG-20171103-WA0048.jpg

yours truly
IMG-20171103-WA0047.jpg

swift was still shining after 10 years of ownership with not a single blemish
IMG-20171103-WA0046.jpg

rear glass and wiper along with the defogger
IMG-20171101-WA0030.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulation on your new car hope you have a great time with your Nexon, this car for sure is a looker in the traffic. But don't you think this replacement is an overkill for Swift as you already have a xuv.

Hi. Guys,
Clocked 1750 kms with my Nexon, which includes a long trip. So far everything going good. Today visited TMI to buy some accessories.
Seat covers
Corner guards, front and rear (Must require for NCR)
Front bumper chrome garnish

Photos for your reference. Total expenses 9k, including labour and some additional discount.

Best regards
Hemant

Attachments

Hi. Guys,
Clocked 1750 kms with my Nexon, which includes a long trip. So far everything going good. Today visited TMI to buy some accessories.
Seat covers
Corner guards, front and rear (Must require for NCR)
Front bumper chrome garnish

Photos for your reference. Total expenses 9k, including labour and some additional discount.

Best regards
Hemant
IMO the seat covers look cheap how much did they cost you?, you should have tried at kashmere gate or a custom seat cover stitcher at palika Bazar.

Thread Starter #23

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
hello Beattheroad
I like what you did!!I am going to do the same[clap] O my god ,you have the same colour,and variant.I like your bumper guard very much.I need them too in my city.Don't worry about the seat covers wrinkles,they will disappear, when used over time.
thanks revvhard for your wishes.
But don't you think this replacement is an overkill for Swift as you already have a xuv.
.Well both me and my wife work in different directions of the city.We need 2 cars.

Last edited:
Congratulations to both of you[:)]
Front bumper chrome garnish looks amazing

Just one suggestion, change your engine oil at first service as it would help the engine linning for long run.

Happy miles ahead

@Beattheroad, sorry but those seat covers don't do justice to the beautiful seats the car has. They don't have tight fit either. You should have gone for art leather or without seat covers also Tata seats are excellent. Chrome garnish looks good though.

hello Beattheroad
I like what you did!!I am going to do the same[clap] O my god ,you have the same colour,and variant.I like your bumper guard very much.I need them too in my city.Don't worry about the seat covers wrinkles,they will disappear, when used over time.
thanks revvhard for your wishes..Well both me and my wife work in different directions of the city.We need 2 cars.
Thanks Mayank!
Yes, we share same colour and same variant. Regarding bumper guard it's kind of must have thing for NCR. The autowalas drive madly in this reason. About seat covers I have tried after market seat cover the look Feb on front seat but improper fitting on rear. So I decided to buy from TMI. Seat covers may not look good in photos but in person I like them.

Congratulations to both of you[:)]
Front bumper chrome garnish looks amazing

Just one suggestion, change your engine oil at first service as it would help the engine linning for long run.

Happy miles ahead
Yes bro, I don't like chrome at all but there is XM variant parked at showroom had same garnish and really looking amazing. So I decided to opt for it. It actually goes with the overall design.

@Beattheroad, sorry but those seat covers don't do justice to the beautiful seats the car has. They don't have tight fit either. You should have gone for art leather or without seat covers also Tata seats are excellent. Chrome garnish looks good though.
Hi brother,
May be the photographs doesn't justify the real looks but the look much better than after market seat covers. I even tried Noida sector 16 seat covers, gaffar market fits and finish fine on front seat but no proper fitting for rear seats. Nexon seat covers not available in market. I may change seat covers after a year or so once we have better seat cover available in open market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi. Guys,

Seat covers

Total expenses 9k, including labour and some additional discount.
Hemant, 9K all inclusive still is on higher side. These seat covers don't cost more than 6-6.5k and 1K for labor in open markets like Palika Bhavan and if you buy it from the shops in front i.e on the main road of Palika Bhavan, the same ones would cost around 6K all inclusive. I got foam seat covers for my City Ivtec from a shop on the main road of Palika Bhavan and they lasted a good 5 years without any issue. I remember asking my dealer for seat covers of Tigor and was quoted around 5-5.5K 2 months back.

Regards

Akash

Hemant, 9K all inclusive still is on higher side. These seat covers don't cost more than 6-6.5k and 1K for labor in open markets like Palika Bhavan and if you buy it from the shops in front i.e on the main road of Palika Bhavan, the same ones would cost around 6K all inclusive. I got foam seat covers for my City Ivtec from a shop on the main road of Palika Bhavan and they lasted a good 5 years without any issue. I remember asking my dealer for seat covers of Tigor and was quoted around 5-5.5K 2 months back.

Regards

Akash
Hi Bro,
Seat covers cost me only 7400, 1470 for chrome garnish, 800 for bumper guards. Some discount over the total cost. I paid 9k for everything.

Hemant

Last edited:
Ya I know buddy[:)] but to me it feels you paid 1K extra on total.

Regards

Akash
Sorry to argue but I think they could have been bought from kashmere gate for around 3 to 4 K easily and the Labour for seat cover is easily around Rs 200 to 300 and he could have got nice art leather seat cover for 7 to 8 K I think.
Cheers

Top Bottom