Tata Nexon Ownership Review: Living The Nexon Life

Can anyone tell me how is the Connected car technology of Tata. The google app store reviews arent too promising.

Welcome onboard,and congrats for the Nexon booking .I am happy that this thread helped you along in making the right choice.Feel free to ask if you have any query regarding your Nexon purchase and keep us updated on the delivery and all !!
Thanks Doc! You are a legend. Not just for such a knowledgable thread but also for your contribution in the battle against covid!! Wish you all the best n happiness in your life.
I actually had gone to purchase the base model at first. But since i have a pet, a 60:40 split was more suited for me on a long drive. Hence i was taking XZ+ model and then ended up taking the top end model (first time my wife insisted on stretching budget, mostly for sunroof ) due to the connected technology
If the diagnostic of car feature works properly, it can help save me during servicing since i am a newbie.

Today I received a call from delaer saying that Someone who had booked the Same model and color, has gone to his hometown due to covid and will not be taking the delivery as of now.
So they offered me if I have received my VIN (which I haven't yet) , they can allot that to my name and deliver it within 2-3 days.
Is it a common practice? Should I opt for it if I get my VIN allotted (I would still need couple of days to sort the finances) ?

Thread Starter #754

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thanks Doc! You are a legend. Not just for such a knowledgeable thread but also for your contribution in the battle against covid!! Wish you all the best n happiness in your life.
Thanks for your nice compliments.
I agree with the opinion of Nairrk. You may want to follow his suggestion.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #756

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Fogging issue in my Nexon headlights.

I don't know how to solve this issue. I have been trying different polishes for the glasses, but since the fogging is from the inside, it's not of much help. The problem is more if there is recent rain. I tried demonstration of the fogging by pouring water from the pipe onto the headlights, but the problem can not be recreated in front of the service guys. So I only have these pictures to show my case.

Some pictures of the problem.
IMG-20200822-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200822-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200822-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200822-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200822-WA0004.jpg

Last edited:
You can take it to a good reputed headlight repair shop in your locality. They will repack your headlights and give. My friend had a similar issue in his Polo headlights. After getting the repacking done it is fine now.

Thread Starter #759

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
You can take it to a good reputed headlight repair shop in your locality. They will repack your headlights and give. My friend had a similar issue in his Polo headlights. After getting the repacking done it is fine now.
Kindly explain what do you mean by repacking ? The head light has never been unpacked or opened. Or do you mean some additional glue is applied near the plastic joints?
I am asking because I have never heard of it,and would like to know more.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #761

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
The glue would have been worn out. SO they will open the headlight with a heat gun(I guess) and scrap off all the old glue and put new glue and pack. Thats what I meant by repacking.
Okay,now I get it. Thankyou for your quick revert and advising on it. Much appreciated.
It's just that I was concerned about warranty getting null and void and all,if I get the headlights opened from any non Tata-authorised shop?

Okay,now I get it. Thankyou for your quick revert and advising on it. Much appreciated.
My pleasure.

It's just that I was concerned about warranty getting null and void and all,if I get the headlights opened from any non Tata-authorised shop?
You can at least take them for inspection and find out the exact problem.

The thing is I have seen numeorus cases where people fit aftermarket projector headlamps , by removing the stock seal and things work fine for 6 months time , after that , the headlamps get discoloured really fast ,, doe to accumulation of dust and moisture.
Only solution is replacing the entire headlamp set.
That's why I told Mayank sir.

Top Bottom