Tata Nexon Launched at ₹5.85 Lakhs

Nairrk

Honoured Member
VIN and chassis number are same. So if you are satisfied with the VIN (by decoding to know the year/month built), then you can verify the chassis number during the PDI.

After 3 months of waiting, I got my Nexon XZ+ yesterday. Finally! yeh!! [:D] I am really excited as this my first purchase. Delivery was smooth though. SA explained features however something still missing. Like he forgot to explain 60:40 split and option on Instrument Cluster . They should've a check-list based on car and it's variant so they don't miss anything. I am planning search on YouTube.

I didn't purchase any accessories from show-room however immediately purchased door mat from shop next to show-room along with neck pillow. After doing pooja got it home. Couldn't take car to temple as it was afternoon. Planning to do over the week-end. There are certain nick-pick, Nexon could've done better; yet to explore more.

1. No ceiling light for rear passenger: come-on Tata! Planning to buy accessory from Amazon/Flipkart. Anybody already tried something?
2. No option to "One Touch Auto Roll Up Window"
3. No back-lit switches for rear button
4. Horn. It's so boring. Gurr! Any recommendation and safe to do so?

Planning to get following accessories:
1. Door protector
2. Blind Spot Mirror (Done!)
3. Sun Shades
4. Car Perfume or Car air purifier?
5. Rain Visors (Not sure if this REALLY helps or needed)
6. Horn Upgrade
7. Vinyl Wrap to make it DT
8. TPMS
9. Automatic Power Window Roll Up Closer Relay Kit
10. Do I need any accessory to access 12V charging point?

Question:
1. What may happen if I left my car inside? I forgot if I asked to SA [roll]
2. Turning on the car, Radio get tune automatically. Can I change this behaviour?
3. Any idea on one bar on fuel indicator equivalent to how much ltr of fuel?

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
When I took delivery of my Tata Tigor, I got it with rain visors fitted (free accessory from the dealer), but later, during 2nd service, got it removed. I never used rain visors in any of my previous cars too. (I felt it was not a must have accessory).!

I am planning to get my Nexon (white) wax and polish. It's still new so maybe it's right time [embarass] I am not thinking of PPF or ceramic coat due to cost factor. Any better recommendation or place to get it done in bangalore? I am newbie and not confident enough to do on my own.

Thanks

Wax polish is comparatively cheaper however it will still coat you around 4to 5k atleast.
It may last for around a month or two. So you.may want to do it. frequently.
PPF I would still suggest you get it done for front and rear bumper, door egdes, if your car is parked on road then even your bonnet. And wing mirrors. It may cost you around 10-15k. Speculating cost only.
But PPF would be long term solution from minor scratches on most vulnerable areas.
Do it any authorised 3m showroom. They are bit expensive but do good job.

Sadly, I got first scratch on my car within a week time [sad] and looks it is deep. There was truck park and I didn't see. Luckily was going low. Left side above wheel arch. Looks like paint gone right? Shall I ask show-room guy to fix or get it treatment from 3M. I hope car would be back to original form.

1615042374184.png

1615042484597.png

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Sadly, I got first scratch on my car within a week time [sad] and looks it is deep. There was truck park and I didn't see. Luckily was going low. Left side above wheel arch. Looks like paint gone right? Shall I ask show-room guy to fix or get it treatment from 3M. I hope car would be back to original form.
Don't worry much bro. It's just the Black paint and can be removed with simple rubbing compound. Yes the plastic might need a replacement if the lock is damaged. No need of going to 3M. My 2018 Nexon often gets hit on the plastic while parking and on the left side only. I too am thinking to replace the plastic part in sometime. As Nexon is a tough and strong car, minor hits don't matter to it.

Regards
Akash

Enjoying Nexon drive. I order external TPMS yesterday. Expecting in a day or two: :-)

Few observations:

1. Only right side rear door won't open from inside. Any idea why? though I have plan to get this addressed during 1st service.
2. Temperature Gauge reaches till 3 bars within few KMs drive. Is this normal?
3. Last night, I felt hot air coming from AC vents. Not sure if I accidentally hit AC/Auto climate. Even if I accidentally hit AC/Auto climate, why would it will below hot air?
4. Any recommendation to clean interior (fabric area)? I see some small area got dirty already.

Top Bottom