Tata Nexon Launched at ₹5.85 Lakhs

Tata Nexon facelift price, variants explained

View attachment 268662

Here’s what you will get on each variant of the Tata Nexon facelift.

Tata Nexon XE features: [Petrol: Rs 6.95 lakh; Diesel: Rs 8.45 lakh]
  • Dual airbags
  • Seat-belt reminder
  • Rear parking sensors
  • ISOFIX child-seat anchorage
  • ABS with EBD
  • Traction control
  • Electronic Stability Program
  • Hill-hold assist
  • Rear defogger
  • Drive modes
  • Manual AC
  • Front power windows
  • Power steering with tilt adjust
  • Digital cluster
  • Flat folding rear seats
  • Projector headlamps with LED DRLs
  • LED tail-lamps
  • Floating roof
  • Turn indicators mounted in the ORVMs
  • 195/60 R16 tyres with steel wheels
Tata Nexon XM features (in addition to the XE) [Petrol: Rs 7.70 lakh; Diesel: Rs 9.20 lakh]
  • Follow-me-home headlights
  • 3.5-inch infotainment screen with four speakers
  • Bluetooth connectivity and ConnectNext app
  • Remote central locking
  • Rear power windows
  • Powered mirrors with auto fold
  • Front 12V power outlet
  • USB charger
  • Roof rails
  • Wheel covers for the 16-inch steel wheels
Tata Nexon XMA AMT features (in addition to XM) [Petrol: Rs 8.30 lakh; Diesel: Rs 9.80 lakh]
  • 215/60 R16 tyres
Tata Nexon XZ features (in addition to XM) [Petrol: Rs 8.70 lakh; Diesel: Rs 10.20 lakh]
  • Front fog lamps with cornering function
  • Height-adjustable front seatbelts
  • 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
  • Voice alerts, voice commands, text readout
  • Rear camera with dynamic guidelines
  • Four tweeters
  • Steering-mounted audio, phone and voice controls
  • Fast USB charging
  • Rear AC vents
  • Adjustable rear head rest
  • Shark fin antenna
  • 215/60 R16 tyres
Tata Nexon XZ+ features (in addition to XZ) [Petrol: Rs 9.70 lakh; Diesel: Rs 11.20 lakh]
  • Push-button start
  • Auto AC
  • Front armrest and sliding tambour door
  • Rear-seat armrest with 2 cupholders
  • Height-adjustable driver seat
  • 60:40 split-folding rear seat
  • Rear power outlet
  • Rear wash/wipe
  • Dual-tone roof (optional)
  • 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels
Tata Nexon XZA+ AMT features (in addition to XZ+) [Petrol: Rs 10.30 lakh; Diesel: Rs 11.80 lakh]
  • Wearable smart key
Tata Nexon XZ+(O) features (in addition to XZ+) [Petrol: Rs 10.60 lakh; Diesel: Rs 12.10 lakh]
  • Rain-sensing wipers
  • Automatic headlamps
  • Cruise control
  • Tyre pressure monitoring system
  • iRA connectivity suite
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • Leather-wrapped gearshift knob
Tata Nexon XZA+(O) AMT features (in addition to XZ+(O)) [Petrol: Rs 11.20 lakh ; Diesel: Rs 12.70 lakh]
  • Wearable smart key
Read:
Hello Nairrk,
That's a nice, comprehensive list of features there! And with the addition of the Nexon EV (quoted range 315 km!) and an OTR price of 14.97 lakhs for the XM in Kolkata,Tata has certainly set the bench mark for this segment in our country. My only nit-pick is that of AWD not being offered. Specially because (in the case an EV), the tech involved is not spectacular - an additional drive motor for the rear axle and the associated CPU algorithms for connecting/disconnecting the drive to the axle concerned. Which I'm sure Tata's already have. There is no complexity of a mechanical drive train involved.Only the price increase could be significant, assuming larger capacity batteries are installed. But for enthusiasts it would be a mouth-watering option!
In fact there are already rumblings that e-vehicles could do without a differential altogether - the algorithms would sense the wheel slip and apply corrective torque & brake inputs via a half-shaft clutch to the wheel concerned This would certainly be cheaper than a Torsen diff or a Haldex clutch, with their high power absorption and the high expense.

Last edited:
First model is elegant but the updated one is futuristic with the sharp ends and bold front end. But niether of the look bad. The updated one does away with rounded ends, there by giving way to the coupe like silhouette atleast from the front end.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon Facelift BS6 Gets A More Powerful Petrol Engine

Tata Motors launched the Nexon facelift last month and the subcompact SUV received visual upgrades apart from meeting the upcoming BS6 emission regulations. While the automaker revealed the model and its features then, engine specifications weren't shared. However, we finally have the updated spec sheet for the Nexon facelift and the interesting bit is that the BS6 petrol version makes more power than the BS4 model. The 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine now makes 118 bhp on the Nexon BS6, as opposed to 108 bhp on the Nexon BS4. The SUV is priced from ₹ 6.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Considering several vehicles have seen a drop in the power output when updated to BS6 regulations, the Tata Nexon facelift's power hike is a pleasant change. The three-cylinder turbocharged engine now makes 118 bhp at the same 5000 rpm, while torque remains the same at 170 Nm available between 1750-4000 rpm. Transmission options also remain unchanged with the engine paired to a 6-speed manual and 6-speed AMT.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon Proves its Safety Standards, All Passengers Safe Despite SUV Falling from Flyover

Nexon_1-2.jpg

A Tata Nexon fell off a flyover on Mumbai-Goa highway on February 23 and landed upside down. Fortunately, all the passengers onboard the car escaped with minor injuries, according to reports. However, there is no detailed information about the incident. In a similar incident, which happened on the Mumbai-Goa highway, three passengers travelling in a Tata Nexon from Kalyan towards Srivardhan met with an accident on February 14. The accident took place as the driver lost control and the speeding car fell from almost 15 feet down the flyover. In this case too, the passengers escaped with minor injuries.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Top 5 Changes In BS6 2020 Tata Nexon Facelift

2020-new-tata-nexon-facelift-1-1536x864.jpg

Tata Motors finally launched the 2020 Tata Nexon facelift recently, and the car features a completely redesigned front fascia, BS6-compliant powertrains and a few additional features over the pre-facelift model. Here are the 5 changes that the 2020 Nexon facelift features as compared to the outgoing car –

1. Design
2. BS6-compliance
3. Interiors
4. Features
5. Price

Details:

Dear TAIgers

The BS6 facelift of the Nexon looks really promising and I am in the thought of booking one after waiting for ages. The Cruise Control feature is a Godsend for me as it was the deal breaker in the previous model which is why I was not going for it. However, in the facelift, surprisingly the Cruise Control feature is present only in the absolute top variant (ZX+ O), which is a lot costlier than the XZ+ and adds features that I am not too much interested in (like sunroof, auto headlamps and wipers, etc).

What I would like to know is whether it would be possible to retrofit the Cruise Control assembly in the XZ+ as the blank space on the steering is also there, and I would think that the engine electronics are also the same. Any thoughts?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Dear TAIgers

The BS6 facelift of the Nexon looks really promising and I am in the thought of booking one after waiting for ages. The Cruise Control feature is a Godsend for me. However, in the facelift, surprisingly the Cruise Control feature is present only in the absolute top variant (ZX+ O), which is a lot costlier than the XZ+

What I would like to know is whether it would be possible to retrofit the Cruise Control assembly in the XZ+ as the blank space on the steering is also there, and I would think that the engine electronics are also the same. Any thoughts?
As a personal rule I avoid playing with the retro fitments more so if they are mechanical or technical additions when my car is under a standard warranty. It doesn't take much time for the dealer to outright reject any warranty claim if there are any retro-fittings done from open market during the warranty period. I would suggest you to ask if the dealer itself can fix the cruise control at their end. Otherwise, once the standard warranty ends then find a good mechanic who can fix it for you. Remember, the workmanship has to be accurate and the person should be knowledgeable of fixing such equipment.

Regards
Akash

Any idea why most of the mainstream and SM auto channels and blogs haven't done reviews or road tests of the facelift in either diesel or petrol avatars?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Any idea why most of the mainstream and SM auto channels and blogs haven't done reviews or road tests of the facelift in either diesel or petrol avatars?
Possibly there is some logistical issue at TML's end. However, as per my interaction, the dealer in Noida is offering TD. Recently, in our area one of the residents had called for a Altroz TD and the same was provided at home.

Regards
Akash

Possibly there is some logistical issue at TML's end. However, as per my interaction, the dealer in Noida is offering TD. Recently, in our area one of the residents had called for a Altroz TD and the same was provided at home.

Regards
Akash
I could see a few (1 or 2) unknown YouTube channels do a basic TD with the vehicle - but only in Petrol. The diesel has not been seen anywhere and I found no feedback whatsoever. [confused]

Visited Arya Motors, Gurugram yesterday. The petrol is on display as well as available for test drives, however the salesperson informed that the diesel dispatches have not yet been started from the TML factory in Pune. He informed the TD will be available by the end of this month however he could not make a delivery commitment and said it would take 1 to 2 months [shock]

Initial observations on the car was good and fit and finish seems to have improved. The bonnet line is pretty high and one can see the entire bonnet (start to end) from the drivers seat. The boot seemed spacious enough and the spare tyre is a R16 one but 195 section (instead of the 215 of the actuals) and has a steel rim. The touchscreen is decent but there is a hint of lag while swiping through the screens. The sound output is simply amazing (not surprised). The instrument cluster looks snazzy but I would have preferred the semi digital one from the Nexon EV/Altroz. The sunroof is okay, the moonroof opens automatically along with the sunroof (in addition to manually) but has to be manually closed. The gear shifts were smooth but the sure slotting effect could not be felt.

The pricelist shared with me included an INR 9500 handling charge [frustration], which is illegal as per Court and RTO orders. On enquiring with the salesperson, he was non committal but said that it could be discussed later.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The pricelist shared with me included an INR 9500 handling charge [frustration], which is illegal as per Court and RTO orders. On enquiring with the salesperson, he was non committal but said that it could be discussed later.
That's there trick. Someone talk about the RTO rules then they may simply leave it, but still they know there are some who do not know about the rules, pay this amount also which is the dealer's advantage.!

Top Bottom