Tata Nexon Launched at ₹5.85 Lakhs

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Don't loose heart,brother. And don't loose hope too. Nexon is still a good and VFM product.
Don't loose sleep over these issues. They are not minor I agree,but don't think about selling your new car for just these issues. Its not worth it.
Repair them,mend them and move on with your life,paying more importance and attention to the real issues(such as your fathers health) in your life,than this stupid car.
In your future also Cars will come and go,but health and life is too precious to loose even once. So don't fret too much about Nexon.
If Tata helps fine, if not then get it done outside and make peace with your car rather than running after these ASS morons. That will injure your heart brother. Not worth it.
Bhai, I am absolutely convinced of not to bother much on these issues hence have got the needful done. as you may check my post above today. Really all this isn't worth the exercise and in all honesty I am more dedicated to my dad's health. Indeed whether TML helps or not I won't bother to run after them. To keep this car or not is another point of discussion that can be discussed later on. Because of helpful owners like you, newer TATA car owners feel much convinced and at peace.[thumbsup]

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Update on Tyre Issue

The Good Year Executive visited dealership today. He suggested to fill 75 PSI air in the Tyre to check the issue. After filling air and putting soap water on Tyre a very very small pin size puncture was found. The puncture was so small that with normal air pressure i.e 30-33 psi it could not be detected. It was not even visible easily to naked eye but as a bubble came we were able to find it. Got the same repaired outside as dealership had no provision for it.

Also attaching the pics of the same with the query I had raised with Good Year last week. I am posting the same here with all details so that it shouldn't be considered as a fake concern by anyone.

20190926_171934.jpg
20191003_115206.jpg
20191003_115610.jpg

As of now atleast this issue is re-solved. However, the resolution for the rusting is not provided. Though I am informed by the Service Manager Mr. Lalit that re-paint is the only option with 3-4 days downtime of car. The repaint won't match exactly to factory finish either. So, considering that I already had got the touch up done and told him today about it. As it is the re-sale of TML cars are below average so don't want to ruin it any further by repainting.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Budds!

Today my Nexon was kissed by a desi buffy. It happened in afternoon today when me & dad went to Sector 63 Noida. A herd of desi black buffs were returning after their high tea along with their guide. Seeing them Arvind applied brakes and stopped. Within 3-4 minutes of stopping one of the buffs with a horn tried pushing a baby buff and in that both i.e the big buffy and a kid buffy rubbed against my car. The big buffy was unapologetic and moved on as true to their nature and kiddo buffy went ahead too ignoring the car. The guide too did not stop and did not even apologize. When the big buff and kiddo buff kissed the car I knew they would have left a love-bite for sure. Upon checking, indeed there was a prominent love-bite given to the car on the left front side.
20191014_162514.jpg
20191014_162659.jpg
As can be seen, the fog lamp surround has got dislocated. It appears much worse in real than in pics. Now, for starters, I would like to know how much will repairing this cost? Will it need the wheel arc cladding to be opened up? Or is there a possibility of the locks/clips holding it have got broken and if so then how much will it cost? Good thing however is that the fog light is working fine and no damage to the light.

Need Help Guys: @Nanofreak @RKKOLLIPARA @mayankdixit @J.Ravi

Today I got a practical experience of a hindi idiom "Bhainsiya ke aage been bajana" is totally worthless. Man they were arrogant black buffs!

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So today it has been 1 year precisely with my Nexon Diesel friends. My journey with this car in all honesty hasn't been 100% satisfactory. Yes, it is indeed the safest car and truly VFM but there have been shortfalls too in this span of 1 year including a poor low beam during evening drives. Initially for 7-8 months i.e until May-2019 all felt good and normal even though the service at TML's ASC wasn't a 10/10. I took the 2nd chance with TML as my Tigor's 2 year ownership was very good in every way. I rate my Tigor's ownership w.r.t the car as 10/10 but resale is very bad. However, Nexon has been a 50/50 experience. All shortfalls with the Nexon's ownership have been written by me here. What TML in my view lacks is the Quality Check. Their car is well featured, safest in India , nicely priced and well built but they have lacked in backing it up with a reasonable quality assurance. Drive wise it is very good, no complaints in pick up and handling for me. No rattles so far either. But, even in this one year, that feeling of looking back at it post drive hasn't come in. I miss that emotional connect with Nexon as I had with my CITY, Esteem and to a good extent even with Tigor. It might be psychological but I haven't been able to love my car as much as I would have wanted to and hence I am sorry to say, have decided not to write an ownership log.

IMG_5203.JPG
Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So buddies, after a lot of thought and pushing by dad I went and got the eyebrow setting done by ASC for my car. The buffy had twisted the lock a bit so the final result is 95% accurate. Definitely looks better than earlier. Took 5-10 minutes. Thankfully the ASC did not have rush today and it was lunch time so the job got completed easily. BTW, this festive season has been terrible for car dealerships. The Noida dealer had very less crowd and just 2-3 deliveries. The walk-in crowd wasn't there. All in all, a very tough time!
20191022_142702.jpg
20191022_142826.jpg
20191022_151030.jpg
20191022_151035.jpg

Regards
Akash

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
The quote is coming to around 17000/-.This is comprehensive plan with all the added coverage and Zero depreciation.
IDV is 7,20000.
Actually my agent has already done the insurance,but due to holidays,my account doesn't show the Debit done,so I can't know the exact figure but its roundabout that only.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Motors highlights Nexon’s 5 star safety rating in a hilarious new ad [Video]

tata-nexon-5-star-safety-ad-featured.jpg

The latest Advertisement starts with a lady who opens the door for her husband who is coming home after work. Then she starts talking about her parents the husband starts saying things about his father and mother in-law. Things like early morning poojas and snoring sound while sleeping. He starts to say real bad things and then suddenly the wife interrupts and says that her parents are already there. He looks around and finds them both listening to their conversation and there is an awkward moment between the members there. This is when caption ‘Accident, they happen’ come on screen.

Read:

So today it has been 1 year precisely with my Nexon Diesel friends. My journey with this car in all honesty hasn't been 100% satisfactory. Yes, it is indeed the safest car and truly VFM but there have been shortfalls too in this span of 1 year including a poor low beam during evening drives. Initially for 7-8 months i.e until May-2019 all felt good and normal even though the service at TML's ASC wasn't a 10/10. I took the 2nd chance with TML as my Tigor's 2 year ownership was very good in every way. I rate my Tigor's ownership w.r.t the car as 10/10 but resale is very bad. However, Nexon has been a 50/50 experience. All shortfalls with the Nexon's ownership have been written by me here. What TML in my view lacks is the Quality Check. Their car is well featured, safest in India , nicely priced and well built but they have lacked in backing it up with a reasonable quality assurance. Drive wise it is very good, no complaints in pick up and handling for me. No rattles so far either. But, even in this one year, that feeling of looking back at it post drive hasn't come in. I miss that emotional connect with Nexon as I had with my CITY, Esteem and to a good extent even with Tigor. It might be psychological but I haven't been able to love my car as much as I would have wanted to and hence I am sorry to say, have decided not to write an ownership log.

Regards

Akash
My sympathies are all with you Akash. I too have felt this soul-disconnect with our current car, the Eeco. Even though it has been a perfectly reliable car so far (bought in Jan '19) with no niggles, I miss the connect with our earlier Scorpio.

I must be fair though - the Eeco has been an entirely satisfactory experience as an urban utility run-about. But each time I miss seeing Kluso & Pearl in the back.
Regards,
Shashanka

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I too have felt this soul-disconnect with our current car, the Eeco. Even though it has been a perfectly reliable car so far (bought in Jan '19) with no niggles, I miss the connect with our earlier Scorpio.
Sir, I feel bad to say this but so far my Nexon is the only car with which I have developed this feeling. All my other cars earlier were really close to my heart. Each of them had a special memory attached to them. Even Tigor, that served me well for 2 years without significant issues. The first reason for me to develop a sort of disconnect with the car was the uncalled clutch failure and add to that the rusting issues in a less than 1 year old car followed by the ICE snapping and to top it all the casual approach of TML ASC in Nexon's case. Post the purchase, TML guys never took any feedback, none of their executive ever visited us to ask how the ownership experience is and neither at dealership did they ask for post-service feedback from me or dad. All this made me loose interest in my own car so much so that I gave up the thought of writing a ownership review of it. However, I don't have complaints as far as the drive of the car is concerned. The engine and performance is upto the mark and the build quality is very good. So it is indeed a 50-50 experience for me. We were discussing about the 2nd car post sale of Tigor, dad wasn't keen on Harrier and suggested me to either look for the Seltos or Hector. The thing that creates doubt in my dad's mind is the quality issues that came up in the Nexon so soon.

I must be fair though - the Eeco has been an entirely satisfactory experience as an urban utility run-about.
In my case too sir, post the clutch cylinder replacement in warranty there hasn't been any mechanical fault in past 6 months.

PS: I terribly miss my Honda CITY I-vtec. It never came up with any issues what-so-ever. Even after so much of modification / customization not a single issue. Only Airbags were changed as per Honda's official recall.

Regards,
Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2020 Tata Nexon facelift spied with BS6 emission testing kit

The Tata Nexon facelift has been spotted testing on public roads. The close up spy shots reveal the new design elements at the front fascia. Only the nose of the prototype is camouflaged, indicating that there will not be any styling changes in profile or rear fascia.

2020-tata-nexon-spied-facelift-india-bs6-testing-3.jpg

Stuff under the hood will be familiar albeit will be upgraded to BS-VI emission norms. While the performance figures are expected to be more or less identical, there could be a slight drop in fuel efficiency figures as optimization priority shifts towards emissions (in the fine tuning stage, FE and emissions are often mutually exclusive).

In their existing states of tune, the 1.2-liter Revotron turbo petrol and 1.5-liter Revotorq turbo diesel engines produce 110 hp. The petrol unit is good for 170 Nm of torque while the oil burner develops 180 Nm. Transmission options include 6-MT and 6-AMT.

The 2020 Tata Nexon facelift is expected to be ready for launch in Jan 2020. A festive season launch would have help Tata Motors have a better impact, but that did not happen. If not in Jan 2020, then it is most likely to be launched at the Auto Expo 2020 in February.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon facelift ready for launch

zer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20200104042648_Tata-Nexon-Facelift.jpg

Tata Motors is currently in final stages of readying the Nexon facelift for its market launch. The heavily updated Nexon shares a lot of its styling with the Nexon EV that made its world premiere last year. These spy shots show the Nexon facelift for the first time in its production guise.

As seen on the Nexon EV, the refreshed SUV gets heavily updated front styling with a more squarish design that comprises of updated bumper, headlamps and grille. It also features a new bonnet and front bumper design. Reprofiled fog lamp clusters, a slimmer grille that’s more like the Harrier’s and new headlight units with DRLs. The Nexon facelift will not get blue inserts on its exteriors like the ones seen on the Nexon EV. Aesthetics aside, the revisions also make the compact SUV comply with latest pedestrian protection norms that come into effect in October 2020.

Under the hood, the refreshed Nexon will get BS6-compliant versions of the current 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre turbo-diesel engines, and the same 6-speed manual and 6-speed AMT gearbox options.

Read:

Top Bottom