Tata Nexon Manufacturing Defect. Must Be Recalled!!

Thread Starter #1
This complaint is from a very patient but utterly Harassed customer of Tata Motors & Hemkund Tata Wazirpur, Delhi.

Unfortunately, I had planned to buy a Tata Nexon XMA - AMT(Automatic) Diesel car a year ago in December 2018 from Hemkund Tata, Wazirpur,Delhi. I have been using sedan cars since long & thought to try a compact SUV & I will not lie, that I loved the Nexon models to the core due to the Ground clearance, Mileage, Interiors, Shape & everything about it. I was feeling so lucky to have an all in one car for me with all features I wanted along with the looks. My happiness did not last for long.

After driving the car for few days, I have realised that its wobbling since starting & at 80KMs speed, it wobbles drastically that it shakes like a Tractor. I have complained about it on my 1st free service check up in January 2019. I was not too serious as I was too excited with the overall performance that I kind of ignored it & I was assured that its a small issue & will be resolved anytime as its under warranty.

But, to my irony, the issue kept hanging. My car usage is very regular & I’m very dependent on my car, as I just had one car for my day to day work. I could not afford to give it to the Service center for a longer period. So, I have tried to manage somehow but the issue kept on & then when I did not get a resolution in my 2nd service too, that is when I have started taking it seriously.

From September 2019, I have complained about it on a serious note & asked them to resolve it forever. They took the car again & kept it for 5-7 days & claimed that its resolved but it never. By their trials & errors, it started having issues with the Gear & Steering also. I was very frustrated, as I was getting the pain financially, Emotionally & it was too frustrating too.

I have given the faulty car 2-3 times every month till Feb 2020 but to no veil. They used to give assurance but always failed to rectify the issues. Somehow, they have managed to resolve the other issues after 7-8 visits but the Wobbling issue never got resolved. Even though, even after escalating it to Tata Motors directly through mails, calls & twitter too but nobody could resolve it.

The issue escalated to many levels but all of them failed on resolving & in January 2020, they have finally agreed that there is a manufacturing defect in AMT Nexon & all of them wobbles & they can’t do anything about it. They have tried changing the Axles, Tyres, etc but nothing happened except my harassment on all levels. You can imagine how it feels to keep your brand new car in service center every 7-10 days every month. On top it, the issue remains the same.

Even the senior management from Tata Motors could not help me to resolve & the pathetic moment was when the Senior Engineer from Tata, Gurgaon came & claimed to have resolved it after 7 days trial, also failed & he also agreed about the manufacturing defect in Nexon XMA models. For him, the vibration & wobbling were same. He was so knowledgeable senior of Tata. So, people can imagine the base of Tata Staff & knowledge & education.

So, Im sick & tired of it after struggling for more than 6-7 months now. I am seeking a resolution along with a compensation for all the torture & harassment I had to go through, apart from my Finacial loss. Along with that, I want them to either refund me the whole amount I have spent Rs10Lacs or handover a non-faulty vehicle of the same cost.

I have all the mails, tweets, sms, call recordings for the reference.

I am seeking justice.

Attachments

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Is it your car or someone else's? The first 2 lines of your post are confusing me.
Presuming it's yours I will say that I am sorry to hear about your experience. I want to be helpful but please answer these.
Was the car not wobbly when you bought it? Did you do a thorough pdi? Did it start at a particular km?
How come the wobbling started all of a sudden?
What was the explanation given at the TASS?

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your troubled experience with a new car ! and wonder how TATA can loosely mentioned its a defect with all AMT Nexons [anger]
Have you inquired with other AMT owners in the same dealership or elsewhere about this prevailing problem .Please knock at all doors possible and get it in writing from the dealership service manager as to what the issue is and the recommended corrective measures.With this as a proof you can move legally strongly to support your cause .
I am not a legal expert but there may be others on the forum who can give you more input
further if there is no stand from the TASS please move the citizen forum and consumer court for further action .
Its a serious issue and can cause dangerous instability at high speeds .

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
This complaint is from a very patient but utterly Harassed customer of Tata Motors & Hemkund Tata Wazirpur, Delhi.
After driving the car for few days, I have realised that its wobbling since starting & at 80KMs speed, it wobbles drastically that it shakes like a Tractor. I have complained about it on my 1st free service check up in January 2019. I was not too serious as I was too excited with the overall performance that I kind of ignored it
Since it was wobbling from day 1 (since starting of ownership,as you implied) you could have escalated it with TATA MOTORS then and there.Have you driven other test drive nexons too,just to get a perspective of the wobbling issue? If the issue is normal/ordinary ,as claimed by service staff, then it will be there in all AMT Nexons,right?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Is it your car or someone else's? The first 2 lines of your post are confusing me.
Presuming it's yours I will say that I am sorry to hear about your experience. I want to be helpful but please answer these.
Was the car not wobbly when you bought it? Did you do a thorough pdi? Did it start at a particular km?
Hi Buddy,

Unfortunately, Im the owner of this car. The car was wobbly since initial, however, initially I thought its my assumptions or Im thinking too much. As you are usually in that excitement of the new car & you try to explore it well. Then, after driving for few days & asking few friends to realise if there is a wobble, made me realise that its there. Thats when I asked the Showroom to rectify it on mt 1st service which was after few days. They claimed to have checked & rectified but nothing was done. It went on.
- I am not even aware what is "pdi".
- It is from the initial start itself but it takes time for you to realise, as the roads are usually not so stable to understand the issue. But at around 80 kms, it actually threatens you.
- Wobbling was from day one
- They have tried to rectify it for around a year & then confessed that its an issue with all AMT nexon & they cant do anything.

Please suggest.

sorry to hear about your troubled experience with a new car ! and wonder how TATA can loosely mentioned its a defect with all AMT Nexons [anger]
Have you inquired with other AMT owners in the same dealership or elsewhere about this prevailing problem .Please knock at all doors possible and get it in writing from the dealership service manager as to what the issue is and the recommended corrective measures.With this as a proof you can move legally strongly to support your cause .
I am not a legal expert but there may be others on the forum who can give you more input
further if there is no stand from the TASS please move the citizen forum and consumer court for further action .
Its a serious issue and can cause dangerous instability at high speeds .
You're right bro. They have asked me to test drive another AMT Nexon when I got too agitated about the issues. It was also wobbly. Though it was a zoom car & around 40k kms done. Mine was only 6k by then.
- They wont give anything on writing to avoid any legal issues. Though I have mails & recordings
- I am also planning for legal actions now
But, all this episode is very troublesome. Even after spending so much. Its Pathetic & miserable.

Since it was wobbling from day 1 (since starting of ownership,as you implied) you could have escalated it with TATA MOTORS then and there.Have you driven other test drive nexons too,just to get a perspective of the wobbling issue? If the issue is normal/ordinary ,as claimed by service staff, then it will be there in all AMT Nexons,right?
I have complained it to Tata Motors through mails & twitter too but to no veil. Tata Motors were more insensitive & wanted to get rid off it.
I have tried another AMT provided by Tata. It had the same issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Indeed very bad experience you had with a new car - sorry.

We have our member @Nanofreak own a Nexon XMA, @J. Ravi owns a Nexon XZA AMT, but not heard any serious complaints like yours from these owners. Of course @mayankdixit also own a Nexon, but never seen him complaining much about the car. Let us see what these members have to say especially whether they also faced this wobbling problem in the begining.!

Thread Starter #7
Bro,
What was that PDI you were referring to? Where can I do that ? Also, how to rectify the wobbling issues? If you know about a concrete & foolproof test, please let me know.

Thread Starter #9
Many times. Please check my entire complaint for the details on how many times. Im fed up with them. They cant even check the issue, how ca they rectify? Thats the issue. Is there any tests or ways to check the issue? Im clueless.

Many times. Please check my entire complaint for the details on how many times. Im fed up with them. They cant even check the issue, how ca they rectify? Thats the issue. Is there any tests or ways to check the issue? Im clueless.
If possible let them replace entire caliper set along with disks and pads. This issue we have noticed in my friends Porsche Cayenne, after replacement of the said parts issue solved. Indeed may be bad batch or quality control problem of some parts in the car.

Im not sure if that will work. Is there any tests to check the issue exactly?
There were no tests to check mechanical faults. OBD II scanning mainly to some electricals and some mechanical to electrical parameters often as either Voltage or resistance as parameter. Your issue can be solved by trail and error only. You can refer to Beleno technical issues thread one owner faced gear box noise many times MSIL engineers changed gear box, sent the culprit gear box to factory all these could not help. But after replacing entire clutch assemble the issue gone, earlier every one thought noise and issue is from gear box.

Bro,
Please diagnose the problem and through trial and error you can eliminate few conditions

1) Is Wheel alignment a problem?
2) Is wheel balancing a problem?
Both of above can be got from wheel alignment guys.
3) Is Tyre pressure adequate or tyres are worn out ?
See what is your standards for nexon
4) OBD-2 Diagnostics results
Will tell if any sensors are malfunctioning
5) Gear Box issue
Can be tested by putting vehicle in neutral and see if wobbling is there at 80 kmph

Please consult other nexon guys and they will surely help.

Thread Starter #14
Bro,
Please diagnose the problem and through trial and error you can eliminate few conditions

1) Is Wheel alignment a problem?
2) Is wheel balancing a problem?
Both of above can be got from wheel alignment guys.
3) Is Tyre pressure adequate or tyres are worn out ?
See what is your standards for nexon
4) OBD-2 Diagnostics results
Will tell if any sensors are malfunctioning
5) Gear Box issue
Can be tested by putting vehicle in neutral and see if wobbling is there at 80 kmph

Please consult other nexon guys and they will surely help.

Hi Bro,
Thank you for your response. I have done many check ups like Wheel Balancing & Alignment, Axles, Tires replaced & tested, Suspensions, almost everything & it is all done at the Tata service center. I will explain the issue to you. It may be helpful to identify the issue.

The wobbling is there from the starting as the vehicle moves but minor & wobbling can be felt in the entire car(Rear & front). Steering doesnt vibrate much but the car. At the speed of 80KM it vibrates a lot particularly. It is at around 80 Kms, before & after, it is again less. But the wobbling can be felt through out & the service center could not identify & resolve the exact problem even after giving the car for more than 2-3 months approx on a regular basis.

What I can wild guess, May be Gear Box issues. Im not sure though.

What is OBD-2 diagnostics & where can it be done? What all it scans or check?

Top Bottom