Tata Nexon Manufacturing Defect. Must Be Recalled!!

May be Gear Box issues. Im not sure though.
By wobbling I suppose you mean there is lot of vibration from start to 80 and at 80 it vibrates a lot.

So, we remove all the tyre issues and balancing issues

Engine vibration is transferred to body and at high speed it amplifies.

dampners below engine might also be faulty..

I suggest you do a OBD-2 diagnostics by tata service centre and they give you a report .

Did you check if there is vibration in neutral gear, if no then its a gearbox issue.

I know it maybe rude to say this still , if it had been me , I would sell the car , and buy a new different brand. A troubled product for me won't give me a peace of mind (Especially OCD ones like me ).

Thread Starter #22
Please refrain from using SMS lingo. You're advised to refer to forum protocol.
I know it maybe rude to say this still , if it had been me , I would sell the car , and buy a new different brand. A troubled product for me won't give me a peace of mind (Especially OCD ones like me ).
Hi Bro,
You're absolutely right. Even I thought of it may times but I couldn't get a car comparable to a Nexon. If i let go the defect, its the best car in the market now in this budget. This is the 1st time I bought an SUV with such good ground clearance & I am loving it. I have always had very low clearance cars like Civic. Nexon gives the best Mileage & dash board is good along with the safety features. Only the wobbling troubles me, that's why I wanna resolve it & use it for the next 2-3 years minimum,until I find a competent car like this.

That's the irony of the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bro,
Ur absltly ryt.Even i thot of it may times but I cudnt get a car comparable to a Nexon. If i let go the defect, its the best car in the market now in this budget. This is the 1st time I bought an SUV with such gud ground clearance & I am loving it. I have always had very low clearance cars like Civic. Nexon gives the best Mileage & dash board is good along with the safety features. Only the wobbling troubles me, dats Y i wanna resolve it & use it for the next 2-3 years minimum,until I find a competent car like this.

Thats the irony of the story.
Earlier I had old Ford Figo deisel of 2011 model. It had 2 major issues. Engine switches off during deceleration, and other issue was, steering gets jammed during turning. Both issues were not consistent but happened many times. But every time it was a scary situation in traffic. ASC could not resolve the issues and tried to blame my driving and clutch operation. I made hell out of it. All over social media, and even threatened to burn off the car. Finally Ford Chennai head office engaged couple of engineers from Chennai plant sent at a different Hyderabad ASC. They took couple of weeks but resolved the issues. The whole process took more than 6 months. Till then I was dejected at having bought a lemon or a wrong car with serious quality and safety issues. But once the issues were resolved, I realized how amazing the car was.

I started enjoying it to the core. Small footprint, very spacious, huge boot space for the size of the car, excellent OEM audio, amazing suspension, very cheap maintenance for diesel car, best handling in its class, and the list goes on. I enjoyed it fully till I sold it last year. Currently I drive Volkswagen Ameo TDI, but it falters in many areas compared to my old Figo. I still miss it.

Sorry, didn't mean to bore you, but what I'm trying to say is, do not lose hope. Find out other best Tata ASCs and try them. It's not like you have to stick to the same dealership where you bought it. Try multiple ASCs. Somewhere you'll find a solution.

In another incident, my close friend bought a used Wagon R. After some time, it developed wobbling issue. I gave it to a Maruti ASC near my office. It took them one month to diagnose the problem. Tie rod or some suspension part which I don't remember now, had some issue and they took it outside workshop out of the way and got it repaired and welded. Usually parts are replaced, not repaired at ASCs. After one month of effort, they charged me only 1500 Rs.

So keep trying with other ASCs. I'm sure you will enjoy your car once the issue is resolved.

Also, prepare a story and save separately, keep posting it in every post in Tata Motors Facebook page and Twitter page as comments to every post they create. I used to do it multiple times a day with Ford. I used to spoil all their announcements and exciting posts daily. That's how I got solid response and resolution.

Last edited:

Top Bottom