Tata Nexon: Accessories & Modifications

Another Query to all of you & Babu Archit Kishore, how about smoking off the tail lights?

Regards

Akash
HAHAHAHAHA Babu!! [lol]

Coming to point, yes smoking might look good but don't go for full black. A light tint would be nice. Check before applying.

And diwali is around the corner so alloys are coming hopefully![clap]

Thread Starter #32

Akash1886

Honoured Member
HAHAHAHAHA Babu!!

Coming to point, yes smoking might look good but don't go for full black. A light tint would be nice. Check before applying.
Sure. Does 3M also do the tinting job for lights?

And diwali is around the corner so alloys are coming hopefully!
Will be visiting Lajpat Nagar early next week to check. Will update.

Got the pending mud flaps fixed in the car.

Regards

Akash

Hi Friends,
As I said before I want to blacken the white stripes and roof for my red Nexon XMA. Few things rotating in my mind.

Can I go for painting instead of wrapping, as painting remains permanent and doesn’t transfer heat inside?

Suggest me Wrapping or Painting?

Thread Starter #34

Akash1886

Honoured Member
As I said before I want to blacken the white stripes and roof for my red Nexon XMA. Few things rotating in my mind.

Can I go for painting instead of wrapping, as painting remains permanent and doesn’t transfer heat inside?

Painting would require extensive covering et al so that the OEM paint isn't damaged. Wrapping is better and can be peeled off as when needed. Most importantly to give a perfect finish in paint, the White stripes might need to be taken off and fixed back but that is a gamble as re fixing may or may not be 100% accurate. So, suggest you to go for wrapping.

Regards

Akash

Hi Friends,

Get it wrapped, you have many options expensive 3M, or the local sticker guys next door.

Why sticker? I'm sure you'll get bored by the look in a coupon of years, or find something new and exciting, sticker can be changed easily.

Hi All
Has anyone figured out a suitable touchscreen for the lower variants. I am looking for Android auto enabled touchscreen that can be fit on a XMA variant but done within a reasonable budget (not the 45k pioneer one please..done have the cash for it) and can accomodate a rear parking camera and tpms system.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon gets Dieseltronic tuning box that boosts power & torque

Tata-Nexon-RaceDynamics-Tuning-Box.jpg

The Tata Nexon is the latest in the wide range of cars and SUVs sold in India to get a Dieseltronic tuning box option. With the tuning box, the Nexon’s power and torque outputs are boosted to 126.5 Bhp and 281 Nm, from the stock outputs of 108 Bhp-260 Nm. The tuning box is a single channel unit, which means that it modifies controls only the injector rail pressure, and not the turbo boost. The tuning box for the Tata Nexon is priced at Rs. 19,999, and you can buy one from Amazon.

Read:

Tata Nexon gets Dieseltronic tuning box that boosts power & torque

View attachment 257146

The Tata Nexon is the latest in the wide range of cars and SUVs sold in India to get a Dieseltronic tuning box option. With the tuning box, the Nexon’s power and torque outputs are boosted to 126.5 Bhp and 281 Nm, from the stock outputs of 108 Bhp-260 Nm. The tuning box is a single channel unit, which means that it modifies controls only the injector rail pressure, and not the turbo boost. The tuning box for the Tata Nexon is priced at Rs. 19,999, and you can buy one from Amazon.

Read:
Thanks for the fantastic update @Nairrk Sahab, this will be a must-have for the true enthusiast.
Priced reasonably, should be just plug and play.
Regards
Vinod

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
A word of CAUTION.
1) Usually all these boxes basically increase the rail pressure.So the engine although giving more power to the wheels ,always run hotter. As you tweak the engine and rail pressure you’re moving out of the realm of the factory protocols and thereby you’re putting more stress on the engine as well as the transmission.
2) Adding more power by adding more fuel = more heat and more stress, both of which translate into a higher risk of component failure, irrespective of specified “limits”, since the conditions that define a probable life span for any particular component have changed,and will be no more as designed by TATA engineers.
3)Nexon already has 3 modes,including sports mode.No need for add on.
4) Personally I will do such thing only when I dont love my car/or I am not the first owner of the car.
5) likelihood of any component failing is directly related to the increases in stresses placed on it ,and this box will no doubt increase this stress.Why take risk with it.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Agreed.
I have read about Injectors leaking with prolonged use of such products. Basically it fools the engine ECU into reading a very low fuel pressure, so the ECU will step up the fuel pressure to compensate. While there are Max limits set by the ECU, Think about running (Behaving) your engine at Full Throttle, but just sitting at 2500 RPM.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Automatic sunroof for Tata Nexon from Rs. 60,000 onwards: Check it out

nexon-sunroof-1.jpg

The Nexon featured here has been equipped with one and the presence of a sunroof on the car is something that creates a difference both in terms of aesthetics as well as convenience. The sunroof seen here is an aftermarket unit from Webasto, a company which is a leading manufacturer of sunroofs across the world. The automatic sunroof range of Webasto, like the one featured here on the Nexon, starts from Rs. 60,000 going all the way up to well over a lakh.

nexon-sunroof-3.jpg

nexon-sunroof-2.jpg

Read:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Work done looks neat.
What about warranty and all??
Still I am not a fan of sunroof. It compromises the structural integrity of the roof. More over our weather requires protection from the elements,eg 45degrees with dusty and windy,and torrential rain etc etc. Sunroof sounds absurd here.

Last edited:
Hi All
Has anyone figured out a suitable touchscreen for the lower variants. I am looking for Android auto enabled touchscreen that can be fit on a XMA variant but done within a reasonable budget (not the 45k pioneer one please..done have the cash for it) and can accomodate a rear parking camera and tpms system.
i hope if anyone has got a suitable suggestion for this.
Good day

Thread Starter #45

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

I carried out a small DIY job on my car. I blacked out the rear emblems. It was my 1st attempt to do something of this sort. The emblems got a good finish whereas a small part below the center emblem still got left out[lol] Do let me know how's the end result.
20200126_174700.jpg

Needs for this DIY:
A Black Aerosol Paint Bottle
Cello Tape for covering the surface near the emblems
Paint Remover in case of excess spray
Cotton balls to wipe off the excess paint

Total Expense: 300/- (180 for paint spray and 120 for paint remover)

Important note:
Do atleast 2 coats on the emblems with a gap of atleast 10 minutes between each coat.
Do not try to cover the emblems with paint in 1st coat itself. It most definitely lead to excess paint drippings.
Make sure to cover the narrowest of the edges and gaps between each letter of the emblems.
Time taken 30 minutes approx.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom