Tata Nexon: Accessories & Modifications

Thread Starter #16

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Need your suggestions on placing the rear bumper protectors on Nexon as the rear bumper is curvy. On Front Bumper I placed the protectors below fog lamps as to protect the corners from foot-peg scratches. But can't figure out a proper angle for the rear bumper. Please suggest as per pic attached.

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

Regards

Akash

Buddies,

Need your suggestions on placing the rear bumper protectors on Nexon as the rear bumper is curvy. On Front Bumper I placed the protectors below fog lamps as to protect the corners from foot-peg scratches. But can't figure out a proper angle for the rear bumper. Please suggest as per pic attached.

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash, I bought these and forgot about them, front placement is purfect, I too was in a delima for the rear, will follow you.

Regards
Vinod

bhvm

Honoured Member
Buddies,

1) Fog Light in front: Going with the dealer for these since I do not want to get them fixed from open market considering the workmanship and the fact that opening of bumper et al does need some clean skills and the fixing should be proper.

2) Getting customized the White Collar stripe and the X-design element at rear from dealer itself in Silver color. My mom wasn't liking the White shade so had to go in for this customization. It was suggested to me to get the 3M gloss Black wrap done on it but somehow, having the experience of wraps on cars, I felt getting permanent paint job on this is better option.

3) Mud Flaps

4) Body Cover

5) Gear Lock is not available with the dealer so will have to purchase it from market and then get the same fitted.

Planned Accessories Post Purchase

1) Alloy Wheels preferably in gun metal color or Black.

2) Window Visors

If beyond these any other useful add-on is there then please suggest.

Regards

Akash
1. Compulsory get OEM fog lamps from dealer. Aftermarket lamps are useless and they do no focus beam pattern correctly.

2. Let the wrap work for few months. Think about painting when wrap starts peeling. Who know you might want to change your mind. [roll]
Like red highlights or something maybe?

4. Any regular cover from nearby decor shop. Beware if you are frequently putting cover (Like everyday). It will cause scuffing and scratching.

5. Gear lock will require drilling. Make sure you make up your mind. It might not look perfect when done( Finish and texture). I believe Nexon comes with Immobilizer? Do you still need gear lock?

7. Window visors are useless unless you drive with windows down frequently. They fly off in a few years and leave ugly marks.

8. Upgrade those projectors with 4300k HID kike 35W AC.
The best upgrade in entire car!

9. Plan for Air inflator, Puncture repair kit, Anti Puncture gel in tyres, Wax polish, Detailing Kit and so on. I mean little useful things than just going for looks alone.
Also High quality branded mobile charger.

Thread Starter #19

Akash1886

Honoured Member
1. Compulsory get OEM fog lamps from dealer. Aftermarket lamps are useless and they do no focus beam pattern correctly.
Fixed from Dealer itself.

2. Let the wrap work for few months. Think about painting when wrap starts peeling. Who know you might want to change your mind.
Like red highlights or something maybe?
I have no plans of changing to any other color. Black for me looks the best color. IF wrap peels off, 3M outlet is there in 5Km distance[:D]

4. Any regular cover from nearby decor shop. Beware if you are frequently putting cover (Like everyday). It will cause scuffing and scratching.
Got from dealer. Used occasionally.

5. Gear lock will require drilling. Make sure you make up your mind. It might not look perfect when done( Finish and texture). I believe Nexon comes with Immobilizer? Do you still need gear lock?
Not made up my mind on this yet.

7. Window visors are useless unless you drive with windows down frequently. They fly off in a few years and leave ugly marks.
Fixed by dealer. If any issue happens then they'll solve it.

8. Upgrade those projectors with 4300k HID kike 35W AC.
The best upgrade in entire car!
At least not till the standard warranty is there. Will consider it once the car gets over standard warranty period.

9. Plan for Air inflator, Puncture repair kit, Anti Puncture gel in tyres, Wax polish, Detailing Kit and so on. I mean little useful things than just going for looks alone.
Also High quality branded mobile charger.
Detailing material et al like Micro fiber cloth, shampoo, rubbing, dashboard polish, Tyre Shiner all are kept intact with me. I am planning to get the Silver part of the dashboard wrapped either to carbon fiber or to gloss black like KRAZ edition.

Any suggestion to place the rear bumper protector buddy?

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
Try placing protection past the vertical red reflectors and past Reversing sensor.
It could look way too far so try a temp fix before sticking them

The rear bumper has a strange reverse U shape Plastic which is making Planning difficult.
Inviting @Mayankdixit and @Nanofreak for more insights.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Inviting @Mayankdixit and @Nanofreak for more insights.
For me Nexon is already heavily modified and accessorized from the factory itself. That's the beauty of this car. So for me... Do nothing,add nothing and accessorize nothing. It's good enough already. But that's me only, and I don't expect any one to follow me. So won't be able to help much here.

Thread Starter #24

Akash1886

Honoured Member
For me Nexon is already heavily modified and accessorized from the factory itself. That's the beauty of this car. So for me... Do nothing,add nothing and accessorize nothing. It's good enough already.
True Mayank! It indeed does not require any major aesthetic mods. I went only for door guards and bumper protectors. Door guards prevent my car's doors nudging to others in parking and tight spaces and bumper protectors just to prevent the foot peg scratches. Specially when in traffic the bikers and scooters squeeze in between two cars and invariably hit the bumper leaving a bad scratch. Being dark color, the scratches appear quite pronounced. Hence, just a precaution I have taken. I am not able decide the angle of rear bumper protectors though. Apart from these, the only mod that I have planned is to get a good set of alloys asap.

Honestly, from the experience I had of accessorizing my CITY Ivtec, I have decided and learnt going overboard simply makes the car a butt of joke. I won't be committing the same stupidity this time[:D] So far, in 14-15 months, haven't added any accessory to even Tigor except the bumper protectors. My Tigor was scratched by a scooter guy in Gurgaon and I realized it was because of the foot-peg so this time around was cautious of that.

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
Those door guards are quite stiff and are perfect weapon to scratch or ding other cars.
I was contemplating on installing those on my XUV as the door would bang into i10.
But forum members suggested I would do more damage to i10 this way.

Buddies,

Regards

Akash
Akash Bhai,did you get your Nexon glasses tinted?Just asking coz in this pic,your Nexon has black tint on rear window.If you have installed black tints on 4 glasses,your Nexon would look killer with those dark coloured alloys.

Thread Starter #27

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash Bhai,did you get your Nexon glasses tinted?Just asking coz in this pic,your Nexon has black tint on rear window.If you have installed black tints on 4 glasses,your Nexon would look killer with those dark coloured alloys.
The light tint is only there on the rear glass rest all of them are clear. Windows will not be tinted. I will most likely go for the Black Multi Spoke Alloys.

Regards

Akash

May be I would suggest go for the magnetic sun shades that way it will protect you from sun yet not invite the wrath of thulla. Flipside is it may rub against the door frame and may cause color peeling off. You can take a call on Magnetic sunshade.

Other things I may suggest is good USB charger (bet you would have one) then would suggest you to go for a visor pouch to store receipts, bills and money. Useful in long drives.

Thread Starter #29

Akash1886

Honoured Member
May be I would suggest go for the magnetic sun shades that way it will protect you from sun yet not invite the wrath of thulla.
Instead of all that, I prefer that 10-15 Rs wala sun shade which is sold on traffic signals. Easily replaceable. I had kept the two of them from my CITY and placed them in Nexon.

Secondly, being a winter season here, sunlight feels good. I like to have the winter sunlight coming in the cabin and with AC in 2 number just the right ambiance for me to enjoy the journey. I would have loved to have a big panoramic sunroof. That really adds beauty to the awesome winter weather.

Other things I may suggest is good USB charger (bet you would have one) then would suggest you to go for a visor pouch to store receipts, bills and money. Useful in long drives.
I do have wireless chargers bro. But presently I am concerned for the rear bumper protectors. Just today the Nexon had a brush with the unruly e-rickshaw.

Another Query to all of you & Babu Archit Kishore, how about smoking off the tail lights?

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom