Tata Nano Quick Test Drive

My friend owns one and he calims that 105kmph is the max you can achieve in a NANO, after which some indicator starts blinking.

However my dad is planning to buy a NANO Lx; our second car, after seeing those aggressive print and TV ads by TATA. Also, its a VFM car. Can fit 5adults comfortably than our DZire allows!

Anyways; My planning has already started hearing this news from my dad.[evil] Silver Colour; Dark Tints on all side; Embosed no. plate; Windtones; Tinted taillights; HIDs; Alloys and ICE with two woofers.:lol!:
a small suggestion to you gears1313, consider the CX variant which comes with the black bumpers & manual windows. those are the only differences between CX and LX.

this will save you 20K or more

you can invest that money into something of more use like alloys/head unit etc.

@ Jayadev Yes that is one thing i came to know while applying loan for my Aria! TATA is doing everything it can to push the Nano , infact its doing quite good!

@ Gears Congratulations buddy!

a small suggestion to you gears1313, consider the CX variant which comes with the black bumpers & manual windows. those are the only differences between CX and LX.

this will save you 20K or more

you can invest that money into something of more use like alloys/head unit etc.
@ Jayadev Yes that is one thing i came to know while applying loan for my Aria! TATA is doing everything it can to push the Nano , infact its doing quite good!

@ Gears Congratulations buddy!
Areeee Guys its not sure! Just in the planning stage. And you know Every Dad changes his decission from one day to another. Anyways thanks for the suggestion guys and will keep in mind while doing so.
However people say its waste of money, NANO is a failure, but I feel it looks good with tints and alloys; what say?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont call Nano a waste of money , infact its VFM!

I haven seen a modified Nano till now , maybe you can show me one![;)]
Buddy there are few pics of modded Nano (mainly alloys) on the net. (I will post them here after collecting all the pics). But I have seen a Yellow Nano with front/rear bumper lip, side skirts, alloys, and HIDs.
here in Mumbai.[glasses]

ilango[speed thirst];65255 said:
Its not waste of money.
its purely designed for city ride.

if you plan to do big trips in that then you will feel its waste of money.
As said early it will be our second car; stricktly only for city driving. For Highways our DDiS rocks!![evil]

@gears1313:kewlpics:
haven't seen such good looking Nanos till now in Chennai. I saw one yellow car Nano LX with full black tints and Aura alloys. They too looked decent.

the spare parts are dirt cheap and easily available.
the outer rear view mirror price =rs.110/- et all.
and owners getting an average mileage of 30kmpl !!
awesome

Yeah Jayadev the spares for Nano are really cheap, but the ORVM is generally not in stock.
I have heard that many initially Tata dealership didnt have the left side ORVM and owners had to wait for month to get them.

Yeah Jayadev the spares for Nano are really cheap, but the ORVM is generally not in stock.
I have heard that many initially Tata dealership didnt have the left side ORVM and owners had to wait for month to get them.
Exactly. Yesterday I met my Nano friend and saw his ride with scratches and dents on the whole left side. I found it strange because he keeps his ride well maintained. On asking; he said that there is no left side mirror.[frustration]

Top Bottom