Tata Nano Plus Caught on Test

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors, keen to augment sales of the world’s cheapest car Nano, which has not been doing too well, will inject three new variants of the Nano in the Indian industry, first of which was launched last week.

Nano Twist is already launch, the second, Nano Plus with 1 liter 3 cylinder petrol engine, is the one which was recently spotted on the Pune-Kolhapur stretch of NH4. The third of the lot, Nano diesel launch has been post-poned, as revealed by a senior Tata Motors executive at the launch of Nano Twist earlier this month.

Tata Nano Plus is a petrol variant offered in the Nano range and will come in with a 3 cylinder 1 liter engine. The images you see here, are of the same new car. The sound of it’s engine is completely different as to what you hear of the current Nano with 2 cylinder petrol engine. The new Nano Plus’ engine is smoother and it accelerates much faster. It was easily managing 100 kmph on the highway.

Expected improvements include disc brakes, bucket seats and better air conditioning while a new dashboard and instrument cluster have also been added in a bid to make the variant more attractive to buyers. Exteriors sport new LED headlamps and fog lamps while the bonnet is in a brand new design. Though these changes cannot be seen in the spy shots here, it will be incorporated in the final production variant, which is expected to make way at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo next month.

Read more at Tata Nano Plus with 1.0l petrol engine spy shots | Rush Lane

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Tata Nano PLUS caught testing .

Good that TATA MOTORS has began responding quicker than before.

But I seriously think that TATA will launch an 3 cyl 800CC variant as 1L engine will be too heavy for this chassis. Secondly, this vehicle is too light and tall. Its power will cause toppling of this tall boy design. The body will rip apart and crumple easily.

The 3 cyl 1 L engine will make it into the New hatchback and sedan 'kite' for sure.

Let's watch out for the Autoexpo.

Re: Tata Nano PLUS caught testing .

Tata is trying everything. They are desperate to pull out something out of the box. They are nicely building up some excitement for the EXPO. If they disappoint us there, then it will be the "pack up" for Tata Motors.

Quck..check out hormazds podcast for all you wanted to k kw about Tata from the expo.
He did not seem too exited about "all new* products thougb.

I don't know what's wrong with the guys at TATA,what's this Nano plus,minus variants all about.This is going to create more confusion to its branding and price.If this is what an MBA thinks the solution is then I have to admit that our education has failed to instill common sense.Umpteen variants like Nano,Nano Twist,CNG,Now Plus what a foolish exercise!why can't they bring in an altogether Nano like the pixel rather than flogging the dead horse?

I don't know what's wrong with the guys at TATA,what's this Nano plus,minus variants all about.This is going to create more confusion to its branding and price.If this is what an MBA thinks the solution is then I have to admit that our education has failed to instill common sense.Umpteen variants like Nano,Nano Twist,CNG,Now Plus what a foolish exercise!why can't they bring in an altogether Nano like the pixel rather than flogging the dead horse?
This is reported as the 800cc/1000cc engine Nano.

But I do believe that they must accept the fact that Nano was a shot out of target. The reasons may be different. It ranges from "Cheapest car tag" to "special feeling" related to a car in India. They must accept the fact. "A failure is a failure" similar to what Ratan Tata told in 2008 that "A promise is a promise".[sleep]

Bigger engine will definitely add appeal to Nano. What ever engine is used, what ever features are incorporated, the price will shoot up and eventually the sales will become low..[cry]

Already the price is above 2 lakh,where are they taking Nano by adding bigger engines and creature comforts?Either they should keep it as an entry level car or bring in the radical Pixel as a aspiration all car.

Engine clearly is visible and is different. Also the vehicle look much more bulky compared to the current one. Am I the only one who is feeling it?

“We are on the fast journey in making the transformation, making sure all the fundamentals are in place, in trying to create aspiration around the brand, but a slow journey in making sure we don’t mess (up) on the fundamentals,” a company spokesperson said. “We should see a tipping point in the next six months’ time.“

tata-nano-plus-1-0-litre-engine

Last edited:
While we await with crossed hands of the fate of new Nano in the market, I have a feeling that Tata is refusing to learn the lessons from Nano debacle.

For instance, the Nano has become an image problem for many who are refusing to consider it inspite of improvements. Not sure why Tata is not looking at revamping the body design to address the image problem first. I have seen cases where people are ready to buy alto instead of Nano inspite of price difference and lack of features in alto.

Top Bottom