Tata Nano LX 2012 - It Rocks

congo for your new nano.

i had also got it just last week. its really fun to drive nano.

just dont do overspeeding till 1000km. and shift gears as per the sticker on your windshield on driver side.

Congrats on your New Nano.

I bought the Nano LX 2012 (Silver) in Dec 2011 and its been an awesome experience so far. Even my friends n relatives were against the Nano when I was planning to purchase it. But now, their perspective over Nano has changed - in a positive way :-) .

I have completed about 2500Kms till date, most of it is weekend run and occasionally on weekdays. Am planning to write a review soon.

Drive Safe - and upload some more pics.

BTW - I am planning to go for a aftermarket HU (Sony Explod) and 2 speakers - I know Tata's don't prefer their customers fitting ICE from outside - my question is when I give my car over for servicing - (2nd one is due in Dec 2012), would they tell me 'Sir, you won't get the 4 years warranty cause you have fitted a non-tata accessory?

Thanks!

@silverlxnano,
congrats for your baby :)

i dont think, aftermarket HU or ICE will void any type of warranty. unless the fitter had cut any stock wire for fitment. which i dont think anyone will do. but make sure to stand all the time of fitting to make sure he may not damage anything or cut any wire.

also, dont even think for sony xplod !! they are really crap.
better to ask some expert here with your budget.

go here for help
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...7023-aftermarket-head-unit-new-tata-nano.html

Thread Starter #20
I have a problem while driving. Initially when i start the car and the car is pulling smoothly in 1st gear. After running for few mins when i stop and move the car the 1st gear needs to be rev'd a lot to move the car. The car is trying to turn off with the same amount of gas which was able to move the car initially. Anyone faced similar issues?

I have a problem while driving. Initially when i start the car and the car is pulling smoothly in 1st gear. After running for few mins when i stop and move the car the 1st gear needs to be rev'd a lot to move the car. The car is trying to turn off with the same amount of gas which was able to move the car initially. Anyone faced similar issues?
Hm - That doesn't happen with me. I suggest you to take your car to the service center for a check up.

the new car has high ideal throttle then normal, they will slow it on 1st service on thair own.

also, your FE will also increase after 1st service due to that .

BTW mojito green is my fav. in nano

Thread Starter #26
Somehow just completed 2000 KMs only weekend drives mostly within 100 Kms. Using my Hunk for office commute save a lot of time in this traffic. Especially with this metro rail projects which has made the city a junk.

Can someone suggest some good Stickering shop in chennai near anna nagar who makes custom designs as per our request?

Also a place where can i get seat covers. Here in some shops where i inquired they are quoting 5000 Rs for Seat covers. Is this the correct price or we get better covers for cheaper prices?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
Last weekend had a great trip to Kallakuruchi from chennai. Total trip around 510 Kilometers. Got an Amazing mileage of 28.5 KM/Litre. Mostly maintained arouund 80Km/Hr. Engine didnt even show the tiredness. Photos will update soon.

That's amazing to read Nano, doing high KMs trip. When the car was thought about and launched, it was purely launched as city commuter. and feels very good that it can crunch miles on highway as well. The FE figures that Nano users are getting are awesome as well.

Btw, the tank of Nano can hold only petrol worth odd 150 KMs. Is it right? Then how many times you needed to re fuel in that 510 KM drive.

That's amazing to read Nano, doing high KMs trip. When the car was thought about and launched, it was purely launched as city commuter. and feels very good that it can crunch miles on highway as well. The FE figures that Nano users are getting are awesome as well.

Btw, the tank of Nano can hold only petrol worth odd 150 KMs. Is it right? Then how many times you needed to re fuel in that 510 KM drive.
Its having 15 liter tank, and as per his post he is getting 28 kmpl, so it goes about 420 km in one tankfull . And as per my experience its holding about 16/17 ltr fuel.

Its having 15 liter tank, and as per his post he is getting 28 kmpl, so it goes about 420 km in one tankfull . And as per my experience its holding about 16/17 ltr fuel.
no bro, its 20 L till neck recently checked when i made a full tank. the person was able to fill another 5L after autocut off. but this is very risky if we fill till the neck

Top Bottom