Tata Nano: Accessories & Modifications

Thread Starter #1
Really surprised today at accessories shop, Chennai. I had searched for steering wheel cover for my peppy. The dealer tried to fit the smallest cover and still its have gaps[confused]. He told that steering wheel is too small.

Any one experienced the same, please share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: NANO Accessories

Hey the gaps between the steering is common if its not stitched type,but the samller one will be more responsive i.e., firm grip to hold.

BTW,Any other accessories planned?

Thread Starter #3

Hey the gaps between the steering is common if its not stitched type,but the smaller one will be more responsive i.e., firm grip to hold.

BTW,Any other accessories planned?
Hey Vishwas, Yes. Fixed Pioneer 3way speaker and tweeters. I will share pictures soon. Going to upgrade the FM Antenna, since the default one come with NANO HU have poor in response.

Wheel cap for NANO identified Rs.550. But to fix that they need to remove and refit all four wheels. The wheel caps are Y shaped and to be fitted with wheel nuts as like as new NANO 2012.[clap]

I had postponed the FM/Wheel cap activity to next week, since i have planned to visit "PADIGOT MUNESSWARAR TEMPLE & LAKSHMI KUBERAR TEMPLE". Short trip comes around 130 Kms. I will share the experience in another thread..

Friends!!! please share details about NANO accessories

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Vishwas... Yes.. Fixed Pioneer 3way speaker and tweeters. I will share pictures soon. Going to upgrade the FM Antenna, since the default one come with NANO HU have poor in response.
You can get the local ones at 150Rs. they are good enough.

Wheel cap for NANO identified Rs.550.. But to fix that they need to remove and refit all four wheels. The wheel caps are Y shaped and to be fitted with wheel nuts as like as new NANO 2012.
Nice wheel caps i have seen that in the 2012 versions [thumbsup]And the wheels now looks decent.

I had postponed the FM/Wheel cap activity to next week, since i have planned to visit "PADIGOT MUNESSWARAR TEMPLE & LAKSHMI KUBERAR TEMPLE". Short trip comes around 130 Kms... I will share the experience in another thread..
All the best to your journey,drive safe.

Friends!!! please share details about NANO accessories
Welcome to Nano :: Accessories
I would say that none of the accessories is good for you peppy they are just for namesake.

IMO put art leather seat covers,if budget permits paint the bumpers,mirrors,door handles to body color so that it looks like LX version.Light Blue/Green sun-film to match the body color that's it your car is ready.

lxi.

Suspended

Yes, buddy, vishwas is right, you can paint your bumpers in body colour and go for some nice tints and don't miss the fog lamps.
And for the steering wheel cover, you will have to get the smallest wheel cover stitched, because even in my alto, the steering wheel cover has gaps(without stitching).

Go for alloys and projectors if budget permits. Any other things planned?
BTW, whats is your total budget for accessorizing your 2012?

Thread Starter #6

Yes, buddy, vishwas is right, you can paint your bumpers in body colour and go for some nice tints and don't miss the fog lamps.
And for the steering wheel cover, you will have to get the smallest wheel cover stitched, because even in my alto, the steering wheel cover has gaps(without stitching).

Go for alloys and projectors if budget permits. Any other things planned?
BTW, whats is your total budget for accessorizing your 2012?
Thanks!! Any idea about where we need to stitch that? Accessories shop can do this ? For ICE i had spent 10 K. Wish to know Projector price.

Thread Starter #7

You can get the local ones at 150Rs. they are good enough.

Nice wheel caps i have seen that in the 2012 versions [thumbsup]And the wheels now looks decent.

All the best to your journey,drive safe.

Welcome to Nano :: Accessories
I would say that none of the accessories is good for you peppy they are just for namesake.

IMO put art leather seat covers,if budget permits paint the bumpers,mirrors,door handles to body color so that it looks like LX version.Light Blue/Green sun-film to match the body color that's it your car is ready.

Thanks Vishwas. Do you have any shop for FABRIC Seat covers with extra cushion (New NANO). I had searched entire G.P road and its ends vein..[frustration]

In addition i had added Green color Sun-film (very Lite). I had not interested on body color bumpers since very small scratches will decrease its LOOK...

I saw a NANO with CHROME COLOR sticker or something run around all the edges. Any idea about that..

Thanks Vishwas. Do you have any shop for FABRIC Seat covers with extra cushion (New NANO). I had searched entire G.P road and its ends vein..[frustration]
I don't reside in Chennai,Maybe try the local shops near your home and ask them to add some foam while stitching.

In addition i had added Green color Sun-film (very Lite).
Best color.

I had not interested on body color bumpers since very small scratches will decrease its LOOK...
Yes i forgot about that.

Thread Starter #10
Re: Tata Nano Accessories

Tomorrow i am going to fit WINDHORN (SKODA HORN) for my NANO. I had already purchased CUSHION for my NANO and its good quality one.. it is in tailor shop custom made seat covers...

Cushion level - 2 inch for bottom and 1 inch for backsupport...Density - 40.. Best one and life long. A grade.

Tomorrow i am going to fit WINDHORN (SKODA HORN) for my NANO. I had already purchased CUSHION for my NANO and its good quality one.. it is in tailor shop custom made seat covers...
Hi, Good that you are going for a wind tone one,but make sure to do this safely,Which brand? Roots?

Cushion level - 2 inch for bottom and 1 inch for backsupport...Density - 40.. Best one and life long. A grade.
So post the pictures once you get all this done,waiting to see your Little rocket.

Thread Starter #12

Hi, Good that you are going for a wind tone one,but make sure to do this safely,Which brand? Roots?

Yes its Roots...

So post the pictures once you get all this done,waiting to see your Little rocket.
Sure Vishwas.. After cushions fitted on my nano, i am going to give it for cleaning.

I will post my nano photos this week .. [cheers]

Good that you are going for wind tone horns. Go for Hella if you want the true Skoda type sound. Bosch sounds a bit too loud.

Tata Nano- Modifications

is there any one who modified there tata nano? or interested in modify there tata nano?

this car is really well suited for modifications if works are neat and perfect

i ve attached pics of my tata nano. i wanna add some more stuffs like bodykits and fenders which are available OE. but not interested with the design. plz give suggestions and tips [:)]

Attachments

further specs of my nano
2010 model CX
bumper painted
vinyld
roof painted
new OE ovrms

headlights: hella 135/100 4400k
foglamps(had led) now brand unknown 3200k
bosch windtone horn
OE seat covers,mud flaps and mats
ICE
pioneer 3050UB
pioneer TS-20 tweeters front(with LC circuit)
pioneer 4way 250w speakers rear

gaurdian(Autocop) keyless entry with custom made door switch and led lights on door
Plati alloys on stock wheels( planing for a little bigger tyres in front(maruthi 800's-will this ok for nano???))

garware sun film medium dark
blacked out b pillers
got a bumper bar in front (custom made in a near by lathe)

Top Bottom