Tata Nano: A Cause For Traffic Congestion!

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

NEW DELHI: Though home grown automaker, Tata Motors introduced its Nano car within a price bracket of Rs 1.5 lakh to 2 lakh for middle class buyers, but in a way it disturbed urban road transport by only adding to the traffic congestion, Union Minister of State for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping, Mansukh L Mandaviya said at an ASSOCHAM event held in New Delhi on Wednesday.
Link

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
Wah Wah!
That's some very nice reason picked up by our dear babus.

The only reason of Traffic congestion I see in India is lack of Infrastructure & Upgradation.
I wonder what would Beloved Ratan Tata be thinking after hearing this. After all, He wanted to provide a safer alternative vehicle for Bike travelers.

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Wah Wah!
That's some very nice reason picked up by our dear babus.

The only reason of Traffic congestion I see in India is lack of Infrastructure & Upgradation.
I wonder what would Beloved Ratan Tata be thinking after hearing this. After all, He wanted to provide a safer alternative vehicle for Bike travelers.
Indeed. If Nano is a congestion on our roads then next in line would be Maruti Alto 800 and then maybe Renault Kwid or Datsun Redi-Go. These days the authorities are coming up with hilarious logic and rules. Just wish that our high authorities get some grip.

Regards

Akash

Not Nano but our roads are congested becz-
- poor infrastructure, narrow unplanned roads - due to corruption by Govt officials and municipality officials.
- over population in cities
- potholes, dust everywhere. No Street lights.
- toll tax - inside Bangalore city also we have all good new roads / bridges taxed heavily, so scarce of people are using them taking already congested roads

If we look that way, add little more criticism, most of the time congestion is created by buses.
How they do?
1) Trying to overtake on a single lane
2) Overspeeding in small roads
3) Stopping on the middle of the road
4) Stopping diagonally on the road
5) If not nothing else, breaking down on the road

I do support better public transport systems. But, that must not be at the cost of infrastructure.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Population & vehicle numbers keep increasing whereas our Road & infrastructure remain same. This is the reason for road congestion and not size of the vehicle.

Infact heavy vehicles especially big trucks and tankers are the reason for traffic congestion (I have seen free traffic whenever there was truck strike).!?

Really sad to see people making up hilarious excuses for their incompetence in planning the development of a country. In my opinion, the following things contribute to congestion to a very appreciable degree:
1. Pavement encroachments -> People forced to walk on the road -> Traffic forced to slow down -> congestion.
2. Double parking i.e parking in the middle of the road and going on a jolly walk if there's no parking space available. A serious offence and one that invites extremely harsh treatment in foreign countries.
3. Very poor road planning. Build a road without thinking about the traffic levels ad even after that, dig it up for fun[frustration]

hahhahahaha. Nano which sells, how much a thousand? a month, is a cause of problem?

We are good at finding solutions arent we. We point our finger at one thing (without proper analysis) and go after it. And then after year, we decide we were wrong and then change the target, which would've become a monster by then.

Diesel ban was targeted at cars, but we ignored the monster which is power generators. Which were installed in the first place due to lack of power, which was due to lack of money to buy power, which was due to rampant power thefts.

Same here. Blame cars for congestion. Congestion which is caused due to slow to no moving traffic. Which is due to poorly designed roads and intersections. Our roads are designed to choke traffic....

PS: WE = not us literally. The system, which we are a part of and which we have helped build in one way or the other.

Last edited:
Going by this logic, what is the cause for the hundreds of crimes happening against women? The victim? And similarly, money will be the cause for robbery and infacts will be the cause for overpopulation.

I had not expected such stupid statements from responsible authorities, what a shame!

Naach na jaane, aangan tedha!

Regards,
Alpha

That's where we need an educated / literate politicians in country to think before they vomit words. Nano is a boon, which in fact is traffic friendly car for the kind of bumper to bumper traffic which we face in our everyday office commuting in cities like Chennai.

Top Bottom