Tata Nexon Launched at ₹5.85 Lakhs

2019 Tata Nexon Kraz Edition Teased For The Festive Season

First introduced last year, the Tata Nexon Kraz edition is all set to come back, and is likely to be offered in a new colour scheme for the upcoming festive season.

Tata Motors is all set to reintroduce the Nexon Kraz edition for the upcoming festive season, and the company has tweeted a teaser for the soon-to-be-launched special edition model. A lot of our readers will remember that the Tata Nexon Kraz Edition was introduced last year during the festive period, and the company is all set to bring it back with a funky new colour scheme. The teaser video reveals little about the special edition model but we get a glimpse of the orange and black paint scheme that is likely to feature on the subcompact SUV.

View attachment 263468

Read:
Thanks for the update Nair Sahab, kraz will look stunning on a already beautiful Nexon with the orange highlights.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The rust spots have appeared in my car at 2 places. I am attaching the pics for reference. The car is 11 month old. No hits or repaint on any panel so far and has run a shade over 14K Kms. I saw the spots just today after they were pointed out by my driver. The 1st one is in between the front left fender and the bumper gap and 2nd is the lower corner of the driver's door. I am really concerned on this since the quality of water also in Noida is very poor and since the monsoons aren't yet over so what if these spots corrode further. Any suggestion to tackle them will be helpful.

20190909_153132.jpg
20190909_153353.jpg
20190909_155016.jpg

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Don't worry at all. You can show it to the dealer. Car is in warranty. He will do the needful.He has to !!
What could be the ideal solution bro? Though it is in warranty but are there any escape routes for dealer to deny it as an FOC repair? I am saying so because for such things the SA asks "Why you didn't inform earlier" and its kind of hard to make them accept the issue.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Tata Motors launches the new limited edition Nexon KRAZ
-Celebrates the 1 lakh sales milestone of Nexon-

Image 2.jpg

Mumbai, September 9, 2019:
Tata Motors today, announced the launch of an all-new limited edition Nexon KRAZ (pronounced as craze, /kreiz/), to celebrate the 1 lakh sales milestone of the Nexon brand. This is the second limited edition of Nexon, which comes after the resounding success of the earlier KRAZ edition, launched last year. In this new avatar, the Nexon KRAZ gets brilliant Tangerine color highlights on both exteriors and interiors. The exciting color combination of the new KRAZ is surely going to attract the young, modern and enthusiastic customers of today. The new limited edition will be offered in two versions – the KRAZ (Manual) and KRAZ+ (AMT), available at a Rs. 7.57 lakh and Rs.8.17 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi, respectively.

Commenting on the introduction of the latest edition of the Nexon KRAZ, Mr. Vivek Srivatsa, Head Marketing, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors said, “We have always been very proud of the Nexon and since its inception, it has been appreciated by customers and the media alike. We are delighted to have rolled out more than 100,000 Nexons, as it continues to excite customers and retains its status as one of the most appealing cars on Indian roads. Last year, the limited edition Nexon KRAZ became one of our most desirable products, and this year, we are delighted to announce its return with a sportier and trendier second edition. We are confident that the new KRAZ will attract a lot of young customers during the festive season this year.”

The Nexon KRAZ comes powered with 110PS Turbocharged engines – 1.5L Revotorq (diesel engine) and 1.2L Revotron (petrol engine) mated with a 6-speed Manual/AMT transmission. It is equipped with Multi-Drive modes, delivering a versatile driving performance ranging from efficient cruising on highways in Eco mode, to managing traffic in the City mode to providing an adrenalin pump in the Sport mode. With best in class ground clearance of 209mm, the car also offers world-class safety along with absolute comfort and entertainment. Additionally, the limited edition Nexon comes equipped with a 4-speaker infotainment by Harman, Bluetooth and steering mounted controls, reverse parking sensors, a multi-utility glovebox and a central console for organized storage.

Tata Nexon is the only car in India to have a 5-star safety rating by Global NCAP and is thereby India’s Safest Car.
Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@mayankdixit @Nanofreak @J.Ravi @RKKOLLIPARA

Would like to know as to what is the cost of 3rd free service of Tata Nexon (Diesel) Manual Transmission and what all is done in it? Asking so that I am sure of the necessary jobs to be carried out. I plan to take the car later in this week for the same. Also, you are requested to suggest me a solution w.r.t the rust spots highlighted in post above.

Regards

Akash

@mayankdixit @Nanofreak @J.Ravi @RKKOLLIPARA

Would like to know as to what is the cost of 3rd free service of Tata Nexon (Diesel) Manual Transmission and what all is done in it? Asking so that I am sure of the necessary jobs to be carried out. I plan to take the car later in this week for the same. Also, you are requested to suggest me a solution w.r.t the rust spots highlighted in post above.

Regards

Akash
You pay for everything, eg oil, filters, coolant etc, but if you have taken AMC gold all above are free. Check if your Nexon has P2P on your TMSC app.
Are you getting TASS services in Noida? I get you in touch with the TMC guy responsible for UP.
Regards
Vinod

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Don't worry at all. You can show it to the dealer. Car is in warranty. He will do the needful.He has to !!
This should not happen in new car. The dealer will inspect for any outside damage / accidental repair. If he finds no reason,then he should repair it for free.
As for third service, it's free, ie no labour charges. BUT Oil and filter is charged. It will be approx. 2000-3000/-

Last edited:
The rust spots have appeared in my car at 2 places.
Since the car is within the warranty period, any authorized service centre should do the needful free of cost.
Would like to know as to what is the cost of 3rd free service of Tata Nexon (Diesel) Manual Transmission
Mine is XZA+ AMT Diesel. Here are the details of the work done and amount spent:
nexon3rdservice-png.png

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Got the 3rd free service done today @14,880 Kms. Reached the ASC at 3.30pm today and got free by 6:30pm. I have informed the dealership for the rust spots and they have taken photos and raised query with TML today itself. Secondly, a complaint has been raised with Good Year for the air pressure loss in the car Tyre after a proper check done by the mechanic and the floor supervisor. It was found that the Tyre had no puncture in it. Have got the reference number for same. The Good Year guys would be calling dad and fixing up the date to inspect the spare wheel @ the dealership itself. The dealer's customer service manager had been very helpful and did the needful promptly. Now, about the third service, the car's oil and oil filter changed followed by cleaning of AC & Air Filter. The mechanics couldn't still figure out properly the cause for the hard engaging / mis-engaging of the reverse gear. Lastly, even after mentioning in the job card, the boot door closing issue not attended. The boot door of my car doesn't close in one-go and needs a second help to be closed.

Incidents during the 3rd free service today:

1) The Tyre Air Pressure Loss Complaint: Before registering the complaint to Good Year via CRM @ Dealer, the person who looks after the Tyre Issues told me to get intouch with the Good Year people online and log a complaint and follow up with them. I asked them why do I need to go through all this hassle since the car is in warranty and it should be addressed and handled by the dealership/ASC. The floor supervisor advised me to consult a road-side puncture shop to get a solution. I told him, based on the advise of the puncture guy only I have raised the issue at the dealership. The other guy told me to leave the Tyre at the Dealership and when the Good Year guys revert and inspect then only something can be done. The other guy will be on medical leave for next 3 days and so he told me to talk to my service advisor and follow up. You all know the attitude of service advisor(s) at large i.e after 1-2 calls they don't even pick the phone so instead of all that I said, I am ready to leave the Tyre at Dealership but provide me a replacement atleast so that if my car gets punctured during this time then I have a spare Tyre but he flatly refused and said its not possible. My simple point was, if the OEM/ Vendor is at fault then why is the customer being told to face all the hassle. When I did not budge, he took me to the CRM and rest the CRM took care more professionally.

2) Brake Light Bulb of Left Side damaged at Washing in the ASC: When my car was moved to the washing area, over there going to the automatic washer, the boot door edges and the door frames were cleaned by pressure pipe water which resulted in the brake light bulb damage. When it was being moved forward, I noticed it and raised the concern and called the service advisor and technician. They checked it and readily replaced the bulb FOC. Their prompt action is really appreciated but the washing guys there are truly stupid and absolute illiterates. I have mentioned the shortcomings of the washing area at Noida Dealership many times earlier as well. So, I was constantly watching the entire process and thankfully this issue caught my eye. While leaving from ASC, even though it was evening time, I could spot few post-wash stains as usual but didn't consider it too much as its a regular feature and I have decided to live with it as long as I own this car.

3) The Rust Spots Issue: The SA allocated to me informed me that upon the receipt of approval from TML, the affected panels would be repainted. I told him repainting would reduce the re-sale as well and secondly it's a OEM issue so there has to be a more reasonable solution to it than a repaint. Just yesterday, I observed rust below the rear windscreen i.e between the X-element and the rear windscreen. Had shown same to them too. The SA told it would require the the windscreen to be removed and then the issue can be addressed. According to him, for rust spots, the panel will not be changed and all this work will take approx 3-4 days. Though I heard the SA but I am awaiting the revert from his superiors and senior management @ dealership as they are more informed and customer friendly. Mind you, the SA today was the same person who made a loose comment about washing my car post the clutch cylinder failure in May this year.

A Comparison between my earlier cars and the Nexon in regards to rusting.

I have owned a Esteem and Honda CITY in the past. Esteem was with me for 10.5 years. Post 7-7.5 years in ownership, the rust issues came up in it. When I had bought that in 2006, I wasn't aware of the anti rust treatment etc but still it managed to survive without rust for a considerable tenure. Then my 2011 CITY which I had for 6.5 years did not show even smallest of the rust signs. Though it had anti rust treatment but even that doesn't last for more than 2-3 years in polluted environment. From 2011 to 2018 March, the CITY never had rust issues. I had Tigor for 2 years, It also had no rust problems. It had the anti rust coating though. However, if I talk of the Nexon, I was told that Nexon does not need anti rust coating since needful coating is done at the OEM's end. If that is so then how come within 11 months multiple rust spots have come up?

I am awaiting the revert from dealer on the Rust & Tyre Issue and hope to get the issues resolved. I am not planning to get an AMC etc as I most probably won't continue with this car beyond the standard warranty. Total Expense for today's service was Rs. 2342/- all included.

Regards

Akash

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Got the 3rd free service done today @14,880 Kms.Total Expense for today's service was Rs. 2342/- all included.
Akash
As for third service, it's free, ie no labour charges. BUT Oil and filter is charged. It will be approx. 2000-3000/-
Yes that was the amount I was expecting.
Sorry to hear about your experience.Please write to customer care@Tata Motors.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Sorry to hear about your experience.Please write to customer care@Tata Motors.
@mayankdixit, bhai, I will give a fair chance to the dealer to provide me a resolution. If their resolution is in line with my requirement then Ok, if not. then I'll most likely give up because chasing and coordinating for all these things isn't my priority as I have to look after my dad's health. He needs my presence and support more than anything else. I'll probably spend 30-40 bucks on touch up and get done with it. For the Tyre, I will hear out Good Year's solution post inspection and if it suits me well and good but if not then I'll replace the spare wheel with re-threaded one. Yaar, for how long should I keep on thinking about these issues?? I feel exhausted. Writing to TML may or may not yield a revert. Lets wait and see how it all shapes up. But I am not keeping too high hopes. I am planning for a replacement of this car post this FY.

I had recommended the Nexon to so many people on the forum as well as outside too but these small but pinching issues kind of shake the faith and trust in the vehicle and brand and most importantly experiencing them first hand makes me hold back my recommendations for it to others.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Update

So far, there hasn't been a revert from TML w.r.t the rusting issue. The dealership hasn't informed me on it. Hence, got the touch up done for 20 bucks. The rust formation under rear windscreen was to an extent taken care by using a 3M chrome cleaner. For the Tyre, got a call from Good Year but they did not have a executive available on the 1st of Oct. so they requested me to re-schedule the same. The CRM has now re-scheduled the Tyre inspection for the 03rd of October. I hope to get some reasonable and logical solution in this regard.

Regards

Akash

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
@mayankdixit, bhai, I will give a fair chance to the dealer to provide me a resolution. I feel exhausted. Writing to TML may or may not yield a revert. Lets wait and see how it all shapes up. But I am not keeping too high hopes. I am planning for a replacement of this car post this FY.
I had recommended the Nexon to so many people on the forum as well as outside too but these small but pinching issues kind of shake the faith and trust in the vehicle and brand and most importantly experiencing them first hand makes me hold back my recommendations for it to others.

Regards

Akash
Don't loose heart,brother. And don't loose hope too. Nexon is still a good and VFM product.
Don't loose sleep over these issues. They are not minor I agree,but don't think about selling your new car for just these issues. Its not worth it.
Repair them,mend them and move on with your life,paying more importance and attention to the real issues(such as your fathers health) in your life,than this stupid car.
In your future also Cars will come and go,but health and life is too precious to loose even once. So don't fret too much about Nexon.
If Tata helps fine, if not then get it done outside and make peace with your car rather than running after these ASS morons. That will injure your heart brother. Not worth it.

Top Bottom