Tata Nexon Launched at ₹5.85 Lakhs

Finally! After a days hard work, I finished the rendering of the Tata Nexon facelift with the proposed changes as seen on the recent spy shot!
Do let me know what do you think!
Here's the video link:
View attachment 262800 View attachment 262801
Thanks Djbro for the perfect rendering of the 2019 Nexon, looks menacing, the indicators are next to the high beam?
Regards
Vinod

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

It has been long since I was off the forum due to personal reasons. Almost 7 months. A lot happened in that time. Due to dad's ill health had to sell Tigor as he was finding it difficult to egress and ingress. Since our usage reduced it made no sense to keep two cars at present At the time of sale in July the Tigor was at 18K Kms and mind you in 2 years it had no breakdowns or any failures but let me tell you even after being an Optional Variant XZ trim and just 2 year old car in good condition with low odo, the re-sale in open market was really pathetic in all honesty. As a matter of fact, the Tata dealer themselves weren't giving a reasonable selling price and weren't sure if they'll find a buyer. So,after selling it, have retained the Nexon for now. In this period of 7 months I followed the service schedule and apart from that one major failure happened in May this year when the clutch cylinder went off in middle of the car parking at dad's office. The car was parked in the office parking for the night followed by flat bed travel to the ASC in Noida. The car remained at ASC for 2 days and the fault was rectified under warranty. The odo stood at ~8.5K Kms. that time. Apart from that once got the music system software updated as the Cam and Background color got stuck in RED. Apart from these there hasn't been any other issue. It has now covered nearly 13.8K kms as working well. In the upcoming 3rd free service will inform the ASC on the reverse gear meshing.
IMG_5255.JPG
IMG_5284.JPG

I am yet to complete the review of this car and hope that it would be complete before the car is 1 year old. With the re-sale experience of Tigor, I just hope the Nexon might still be better in that regards. I would be concentrating largely on the launch events and providing the coverage as regularly as possible to all of you. I hope you all shall keep the forum busy and kicking as always!!

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
Just yesterday I was wondering where have you been. Welcome back!
one major failure happened in May this year when the clutch cylinder went off in middle of the car parking
Clutch cylinders seem to be the Achilles heel for both Tata-Mahindra. Both of my beasts have suffered inconvenient clutch failures.
Major issue with TATA is incompetent ASC. Now they have messed up Vacuum lines & Injectors on my Elephant and I will look after the issue myself rather than going back to them...[frustration]

BTW, Do you know about my other beast?

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Just yesterday I was wondering where have you been. Welcome back!

Clutch cylinders seem to be the Achilles heel for both Tata-Mahindra. Both of my beasts have suffered inconvenient clutch failures.
Major issue with TATA is incompetent ASC. Now they have messed up Vacuum lines & Injectors on my Elephant and I will look after the issue myself rather than going back to them..

BTW, Do you know about my other beast?
Thanks bro. I relate to your views. In my case, the spare part wasn't readily available and took one day to reach ASC. My father had recovered from a serious heart ailment and when this issue happened he was in office preparing to leave for home when my driver informed him. My dad being tensed walked up to a mechanic referred by my uncle and that mechanic refused to touch the car as it was in warranty. Dad wasn't sure if leaving the car overnight was safe but we had no choice. The RSA of TML demanded up front 3500 to tow the car which my dad simply refused sighting that the car is under warranty and should be taken to ASC FOC. They said it will travel to nearest one or you can wait to handover the car to executive after he reaches us or wait till 10pm for truck to come but my dad requested them to take to NOIDA ASC so we can co-ordinate the repairs which after lot of request was agreed for next day morning. I sent Arvind with the tow truck and when we reached I paid the truck for toll tax. Over there Arvind informed me that while coming the truck driver told him that TATA cars which break-down under warranty are towed FOC in Delhi-NCR. I am not sure what to believe and whom to believe here. This was the first incident in my car ownership(s) over the years that my car had to go on flat bed.

Coming to ASC incompetency, When my car was ready and I went to take delivery, it was taken to the stockyard for lack space in showroom and upon reaching there when I saw my car, it was in shabbiest of the condition. Seeing that I told the SA to atleast get the car washed as it was stained inside out. He told "We only wash cars that come for service and not the ones that come for repair". I told him, "will you sit in a shabby and dirty car yourself? Even a dog cleans the place where he sits." I told him even if it takes couple of more hours still get it properly washed. They had left wires hanging near the fog lamp switch too which I had to place back properly. So, I took back the car in late afternoon after 2 day of work in it. I mean cleaning of the car post repair is a simple gesture or is it like unless the customer pays for repairs, the car won't be washed??

As I know, you have an XUV and a Safari or is there a 3rd one too?

We all ( members as well as non members who read your posts) missed you a lot.
A lot more than you think.
Welcome back in this new inning.
I am humbled by these words. I never knew even non-members missed me. I am truly grateful and feel blessed to be a part of such a homely forum. I never knew my posts helped even non-members. Now, today I had to let go of the Triber launch due to my dad's medical check up. I had to go off the forum because of my dad's health. Had it been something not that important I would never have given up on my participation here. I am aware my absence had costed this forum a lot of important info from being posted but I was helpless and had no option but to let go of my passion for some time. I do hope that now I shall try and make up for that with help of all of you.

Without Akash there was darkness here, from now on it will be bright again with fireworks!
Oh no not at all. Our forum was always a bright and informative place and shall remain so. Members will come and Member will go, but our forum should keep getting bigger and better by the day. The automotive enthusiasm of our forum should increase each day. If I am there I will make my efforts and when I am not there still the forum will go on[:)]

@ksdr, bro, at times even the most happy go lucky and humorous person has to face the testing times. It is a part of life and one cannot escape it. I am genuinely humbled by the love and warmth of you all.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thanks bro.
I am humbled by these words. I never knew even non-members missed me. I am truly grateful and feel blessed to be a part of such a homely forum. I never knew my posts helped even non-members.
I was once a non-member too. And I looked up to your posts. You all were my extended family ,even before I joined.
Likewise there are still "yet to be members" watching all of us from the sidelines.
Senior members are admired ,and their posts respected even by non-members. Its just that they,being in their position, cant express/communicate it.

Last edited:
Agr3
Buddies,

It has been long since I was off the forum due to personal reasons. Almost 7 months. A lot happened in that time. Due to dad's ill health had to sell Tigor as he was finding it difficult to egress and ingress. Since our usage reduced it made no sense to keep two cars at present At the time of sale in July the Tigor was at 18K Kms and mind you in 2 years it had no breakdowns or any failures but let me tell you even after being an Optional Variant XZ trim and just 2 year old car in good condition with low odo, the re-sale in open market was really pathetic in all honesty. As a matter of fact, the Tata dealer themselves weren't giving a reasonable selling price and weren't sure if they'll find a buyer. So,after selling it, have retained the Nexon for now. In this period of 7 months I followed the service schedule and apart from that one major failure happened in May this year when the clutch cylinder went off in middle of the car parking at dad's office. The car was parked in the office parking for the night followed by flat bed travel to the ASC in Noida. The car remained at ASC for 2 days and the fault was rectified under warranty. The odo stood at ~8.5K Kms. that time. Apart from that once got the music system software updated as the Cam and Background color got stuck in RED. Apart from these there hasn't been any other issue. It has now covered nearly 13.8K kms as working well. In the upcoming 3rd free service will inform the ASC on the reverse gear meshing.

I am yet to complete the review of this car and hope that it would be complete before the car is 1 year old. With the re-sale experience of Tigor, I just hope the Nexon might still be better in that regards. I would be concentrating largely on the launch events and providing the coverage as regularly as possible to all of you. I hope you all shall keep the forum busy and kicking as always!!

Regards

Akash
Agreed, resale value of Tata car's are really pathetic, I tried selling 1 yr old tigor xzo to Honda and was offered 3.5 lakh only and even Tata itself offered less than 5 lakh for exchange to Nexon.

I will be soon posting my bad experience soon with Tata service center which almost made me to dump the car.

Tata motors makes good car but service center are really incompetent and never blve in permanent resolution. If this continues them no products can save Tata from dying.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Agr3

Agreed, resale value of Tata car's are really pathetic, I tried selling 1 yr old tigor xzo to Honda and was offered 3.5 lakh only and even Tata itself offered less than 5 lakh for exchange to Nexon.

I will be soon posting my bad experience soon with Tata service center which almost made me to dump the car.
I am of the same opinion too bro. Tata has created such a good design with impact design language and have reasonably good interiors and features too which has made people accept their cars but what has disheartened me and my dad was the unsure approach of the Tata's dealer w.r.t the buy-back. If their own used car wing is so unsure about their own product then how do they expect that people should trust them about the good resale value of low run TATA car and that's perhaps the perception even in open market for the TATA cars. If you have a Maruti or Hyundai car of 5-7 Lac rupees with you and you plan to re-sale it to their dealer atleast they are sure enough of selling it further and they quote a price which can be well negotiated and you'll manage to get a much better price for 2 year old Maruti or Hyundai for that matter. On the other hand, the used car wing of Tata Dealer is not at all confident of their own products. In my experience so far, both my earlier cars i.e CITY and Esteem went for a reasonable good price considering their variant and mileage. I have no complaints till now for those two. Based on the recent experience of the TATA Tigor sale, my dad has got 2nd thoughts about Nexon. He often asks me, will we be getting a good resale post 3 years if we pre-close the loan? I frankly have no answer to his question. Just a couple of days back, post Seltos Launch, dad and me were discussing about going in for a second car, we were evaluating 3 of them i.e Harrier, Hector & Seltos, sad as it may sound, but dad did not approve of Harrier sighting the resale incident and the reliability. Though I tried to convince him but he wasn't much interested. His 2 concerns were, resale and failure of the clutch cylinder that occurred in Nexon in less than 10K Kms. According to him our Esteem went for clutch work only twice i.e once at 60-65K kms and post 1.20L kms and even after 71K kms our Honda CITY never had clutch work done. Though as an enthusiast and car owner, I do respect TML but they definitely need to look and improve on their car's resale as well along with the ASC network. The depreciation of Tata Cars seems to be on higher side compared to other mass-market brands.

Regards

Akash

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Tata Nexon Kraz Edition Teased For The Festive Season

First introduced last year, the Tata Nexon Kraz edition is all set to come back, and is likely to be offered in a new colour scheme for the upcoming festive season.

Tata Motors is all set to reintroduce the Nexon Kraz edition for the upcoming festive season, and the company has tweeted a teaser for the soon-to-be-launched special edition model. A lot of our readers will remember that the Tata Nexon Kraz Edition was introduced last year during the festive period, and the company is all set to bring it back with a funky new colour scheme. The teaser video reveals little about the special edition model but we get a glimpse of the orange and black paint scheme that is likely to feature on the subcompact SUV.

ikjvh3d8_tata-nexon-kraz-edition_625x300_05_September_18.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom