Tata Nexon Launched at ₹5.85 Lakhs

bhvm

Honoured Member
Yes. Thats a rear fog lamp.

A rear fog lamp is designed to be low and illuminate from below the layer of fog, to allow you to drive. Its is also very useful to warn other followers of your presence and alert them in dense fog.
A very useful safety feature has been removed by some shortsighted tata decision. My 10 year old Safari Dicor has them. My XUV has them. And I use them in foggy weather without fail.

I show you the pic below. The one I am talking of is highlighted as well bro.

Regards

Akash
In the lower variants they have used this as the reversing light.

I suppose they have removed these as XM variant upwards they have LED taillights which are pretty bright, though fog lights are a must especially in the north of the country.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Yes Tata has done what we have come to expect from maruti. My erstwhile swift and ritz had this fog lamp from the factory. In the new version maruti deleted this feature from the whole swift and dezire range just to save some money. Newer bumpers did not even had the cutout or provisions to retrofit it.
Tata should not have done this. But at least it can be retro fitted. Bumper has a cutout for the reflector.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
I wonder if wiring and switch-gear/ Relays are in place.
I would not be comfortable getting these retrofitted. As flooring/dash/Fuseboxes will be have to be fiddled with. Nor I would be comfortable with usual jugaad wire splicing by inexperienced dealers.

This is a plain bad move. And a very stupid one.

I heard Backlit LED for Power window buttons are now removed in Hexa. The LED costs 10 paise a piece in bulk.
Why tata, WHY?

My humble request to all Nexon, Tiago, Hexa owners, Please write to tata about their stupidity and make your displeasure felt.

Last edited:
Congrats on your Nexon, which variant and colour, and pictures please.
I got Diesel XZ+ Manual Dual tone variant (That's a long variant description, blame Tata for having those many possible variants).

UPDATE: Just realized that while washing the car in the first service - those idiots blessed my Nexon with swirl marks everywhere.[anger]

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Tata should not have done this. But at least it can be retro fitted. Bumper has a cutout for the reflector.
I wonder if wiring and switch-gear/ Relays are in place.
I would not be comfortable getting these retrofitted. As flooring/dash/Fuseboxes will be have to be fiddled with. Nor I would be comfortable with usual jugaad wire splicing by inexperienced dealers.
The light cannot be retro fitted unless there is wiring provision for it which even the SA and floor guys doubted. Secondly the availability of the same is not confirmed. Lastly, the price of this light is about 400-500 bucks only but then availability is the question.

Regards

Akash

The light cannot be retro fitted unless there is wiring provision for it which even the SA and floor guys doubted. Secondly the availability of the same is not confirmed. Lastly, the price of this light is about 400-500 bucks only but then availability is the question.

Regards

Akash
You can source a nice Red LED from Aliexpress and fill the vacant space. Power can always be sourced from Tail Lamps.

bhvm

Honoured Member
You can source a nice Red LED from Aliexpress and fill the vacant space. Power can always be sourced from Tail Lamps.
This leaves the prime function of a legitimate fog lamp unfulfilled.
A bright LED is useless if (And often always) its Spraying light everywhere.
Also, Its NOT a brake light or some fancy accessory light.

A Rear fog draws power from Front fog or Low beam relay (or sometimes both). So one of these should be ON only then rear fogs can be engaged. I have seen people misusing rear fogs (cheap aliexpress accessory? ) by keeping them ON when causally driving and causes discomfort to followers in city traffic.

Hi All,
I have received the smart band from Tata motors, this is the scratch card gift. The quality is very poor and was not connecting to my mobile via Bluetooth.
IMG-20181122-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20181122-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20181123-WA0013.jpg
https://www.amazon.in/Bonbury-Bluetooth-Intelligence-Bonbury-1-Multi-Colour/dp/B07FVXTLS5/ref=pd_sbs_200_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07FVXTLS5&pd_rd_r=3b81ce99-eeee-11e8-b6fe-5586a9028193&pd_rd_w=nYtfs&pd_rd_wg=slRIx&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A1VBAL9TL5WCBF&pf_rd_p=9fc668a0-2aac-4fb6-970f-606919bc0185&pf_rd_r=5GKB28R618E2FQQE052D&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=5GKB28R618E2FQQE052D
Even the complimentary gift bag during delivery contains 2 cheap key chains and few chocolates.

IMG_20181123_104153.jpg

Better TATA should not have given these cheap gifts.

Sorry for the poor quality images.

Last edited:
Be thankful that you got something atleast. When we bought nano, we were given a small box of chocolates that's it. No photo, no keychain (nano doesn't have a remote key) nothing.
Whereas on the other hand Maruti goes out of ist way for next customers by providing cake, Ferrero rocher , bouquet, instant photo etc.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon Electric Version To Launch Next Fiscal In India

Tata Nexon Electric Version launch is scheduled for FY 2019, To follow electric versions of Tiago and Tigor

The Tata Nexon Electric Version is likely to build on the success of its petrol and diesel variants. The sub-4-metre SUV hs already won many hearts with its modern design, powerful engines, comfortable cabin, and a long range of features. The electric version will further make the SUV more exciting by bringing in a zero-emission power plant that runs on electricity.

Prices are expected to start at Rs 11 lakh. The fully-loaded version, which could even feature a larger battery, should cost almost Rs 14 lakh.

Read:

Be thankful that you got something atleast. When we bought nano, we were given a small box of chocolates that's it. No photo, no keychain (nano doesn't have a remote key) nothing.
Whereas on the other hand Maruti goes out of ist way for next customers by providing cake, Ferrero rocher , bouquet, instant photo etc.
Do not worry they give from your money only, when you pay the Logistics and handling charges.

Top Bottom