Tata Nexon Launched at ₹5.85 Lakhs

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Guys one question, with respect to selection of car what is your opinion on this ?
Ford freestyle Titanium+ Petrol vs Tata Nexon XM Petrol.

In my point of view I see:
Freestyle (T+) - VFM, Lot of safety features (ESP, hill hold assist, 6 airbags, Touchscreen HU with android auto), little sporty engine(96PS) with good fuel economy
Nexon XM- VFM, next segment, SUVish, Roomy cabin and boot, XM has things which i basically wanted (2 airbags, ABS, music system, all power windows, central locking)
1.2 Dragon Vs 1.2 Revotron hmm..Nexon is definitely a big car for the price and the 4 star rating in crash test is big plus too. If I compare Petrol Nexon to Diesel Nexon then definitely, the diesel one wins for me but comparing to the safety features in both, I would say go in for the Freestyle because both being in the same price, Freestyle has more safety features. In my view

Standard Safety + Good FE + Good Space : Nexon

Standard Safety + Added Safety + Good FE : Freestyle.

If I was in your place and the tussle was between the petrol and diesel Nexon, my choice would have been a diesel one.

Guys one question, with respect to selection of car what is your opinion on this ?
Ford freestyle Titanium+ Petrol vs Tata Nexon XM Petrol.

I understand the comparison is bit different considering the size of the car, since Nexon is mostly compared with breza and Ecosport. But practically from buyers point of view, for the money we spend, both are VFM cars and are 1.2L 3cylinder engine around 7.5~8Lakhs onroad budget.
In my point of view I see:
Freestyle (T+) - VFM, Lot of safety features (ESP, hill hold assist, 6 airbags, Touchscreen HU with android auto), little sporty engine(96PS) with good fuel economy
Nexon XM- VFM, next segment, SUVish, Roomy cabin and boot, XM has things which i basically wanted (2 airbags, ABS, music system, all power windows, central locking)

Need your opinion. (My preferences are safety + Mileage)[:D]
Its Apples Vs oranges comparison.

If you take freestyle, it will be a hatchback car. Nexon on the other hand will be a CSUV and will be a head turner on the roads. It also has nice road presence.

With regards to safety, Freestyle has 6 airbags and assumably safe car. Ford have not tested the car don't know why, reasons known only to ford. But Nexon is a proven 4 star safe car.

If you look at your requirements, I think nexon trump over freestyle, as nexon has a bigger boot, SUV profile, kick ass music system and great ride quality

I would say you go for the nexon, Freestyle is also a great buy but, I am bit inclined/biased towards Nexon.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all your inputs.. Today took a test drive of nexon petrol. My quick personal observations- car looks SUVish in and out. Steering manuevers were decent enough, light and heavy wherever required. Seats are good, although the Suspension set up is good on good roads but not up to the mark for big potholes, I can feel the shock. Petrol engine pulls up neatly if I leave the clutch like a diesel which I liked. But from the time I start the engine, the vibrations are too much for a car in 2018.. Can be easily felt on the seats itself during idle which is a heartbreaker! Also the constant vibrations on the gear lever stopped me taking any immediate decision on nexon. I liked the car very much, the way it appears and SUV look and substance. But these vibrations?? I think I Need to get convinced a lot. Engine response is also very sluggish is city and eco mode, traffic behind us wants us to move forward or move away, which means we have to drive in sports mode to feel the mid sized car which result in poor mileage. Now I told them to arrange for diesel test drive. I'm expecting something good from the bigger 1.5 diesel and hoping it will deliver my likes with more torque provided. My opinion is Freestyle behaves a lot better for similar size petrol engine with good FE. But my likes to nexon size and build makes me not to drop the car and to try for diesel once. Please provide your insights on my observations.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks guys for all your inputs.. Today took a test drive of nexon petrol....I told them to arrange for diesel test drive. I'm expecting something good from the bigger 1.5 diesel and hoping it will deliver my likes with more torque provided. My opinion is Freestyle behaves a lot better for similar size petrol engine with good FE. But my likes to nexon size and build makes me not to drop the car and to try for diesel once. Please provide your insights on my observations.
You are quite precise in your views on Petrol Nexon bro. I too had driven it and then the diesel one too. I was looking to upgrade to a better car from the CITY Ivtec I had. Nexon ticked the boxes for me. I decided to go for the Diesel one and mind you, in the short duration post purchase I actually have been very pleased and happy with the way the Diesel one performs. To be honest, my daily run isn't much and have Tigor petrol as well with me but once after driving the Nexon, I have grown fond of the diesel one over the petrol frankly. For me, it would be biased to say I love only Nexon more than Tigor now but Yes, Nexon diesel is very well groomed performer. Built, Size and Safety all things included, Nexon diesel is definitely a very good choice in comparison to the Petrol Nexon as I feel.

Regards

Akash

Does nexon contain crossovers in them to add tweeters.

With out crossovers can we add tweeters.
Hi All,
I have installed JBL tweeters in rear doors of my Nexon, my initial plan was to install 2 sets of tweeters in both front and rear doors. But the accessories shop where I visited has only one set in stock.
IMG-20181107-WA0034.jpg
These are the ones I got installed, costed rupees 3000 with installation.
Now the challenge is, when I enquired with few other shops, they also don’t have the same set in stock. Everyone claims JBL had stopped this model and launched new model with MRP rupees 5300. After bargaining one guy agreed for rupees 4500 + installation.
new Model - https://www.amazon.in/JBL-STADIUMGTO750T-Tweeter-line-Filter/dp/B074KMY562/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541672578&sr=8-3&keywords=jbl+tweeter
Now I am in dilemma, if I can spend rupees 4500 + only for front tweeters or spend few more bucks and upgrade to some good components.
Few pictures of existing speakers
IMG-20181107-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20181107-WA0032.jpg
IMG-20181107-WA0033.jpg
Capacitor provided by JBL to filter frequencies to tweeter
IMG-20181107-WA0027.jpg

I have asked my cousin to bring a 5 channel AMP, if he is getting a steal deal during Thanks giving.https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Audio-AC1800-5-Bridgeable-Amplifier/dp/B003GSLE4O

Please provide feedback for this AMP and also advice needed if I can fix some good components in front.

Last edited:
Guys took a Testdrive of Nexon Diesel couple of times. My personal observations: Car behave far better compared to Petrol as mentioned by other members. Liked everything about the car except one. Got an opportunity to have a look at XM variant (which i was looking for as an alternative to Freestyle for the price bracket) at the showroom itself. Happy about the XM interiors and exterior of the car. I observed the outside noise of diesel engine is too much and although it is less inside the cabin, but when we accelerate we can hear more of it - But this doesn't bother me much. But the one which bothers me a lot is this - Suspension -> bumpy ride -> shocks on steering & on seats.

Is this is something accepted by every Nexon owners ? or we need to compromise on this ?

I tried testing on a free well laid road and it was very pleasant driving, at the same time on a little patchy road i felt it only has some springs and no dampers to control! Anyone complaint about this and got some fix during their service? or this is what we can expect from the car ? Please let me know your views/experiences.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Nexon Yellow Matte Sunroof and Pink Metallic showcased by dealer

True to its unique colour scheme, the respective Nexon SUVs are called Rose Gold Edition and Matte Yellow edition. These two cars on display are made to order. The matte yellow variant as well as the Pink edition costs about Rs 1.26 lakhs over the price of the base model. Depending on demand, the dealer would be adding more units of the custom Nexon.

Read:

This is the same dealer who had come up with limited edition of the zest and Tiago right? That is one type dealers Tatas should try to nature. They are trying to give customer more car per car, modification at dealer level and hopefully be able to give service for those customization. Alas, baring the alloy wheel, I did not like much about these custom nexons, but I salute the enterprising nature of this dealer.

This is the same dealer who had come up with limited edition of the zest and Tiago right?
Yep, it's SRT TATA from Coimbatore who does such mods on pretty much all cars they sell. I too didn't like the yellow modded Nexon when I spotted it near Nehru Stadium area. It is one of the go-to areas for car modifications with more than 10 shops lined up. I suppose this dealer is getting these wrap jobs done at one of these shops.

Its been 2 weeks with my Nexon (D), done the first service - they found out leaking washer tank and changed the complete assembly under warranty. I have driven it for 2600 kms in 2 weeks and mileage is hovering around 18kmpl tank to tank. Overall happy with the car except the rattling sound made by steering while running over the bumps in speed. Reported it to SA while giving for service, they said they have tightened some bolts but noise is still there. This is not frequent and comes only on specific kind of bumps / potholes.

Its been 2 weeks with my Nexon (D), done the first service - they found out leaking washer tank and changed the complete assembly under warranty. I have driven it for 2600 kms in 2 weeks and mileage is hovering around 18kmpl tank to tank. Overall happy with the car except the rattling sound made by steering while running over the bumps in speed. Reported it to SA while giving for service, they said they have tightened some bolts but noise is still there. This is not frequent and comes only on specific kind of bumps / potholes.
Congrats on your Nexon, which variant and colour, and pictures please.

Recently I noticed top end XZ+ variant having steering exactly same as XM variant. Means, it had only the piano black finish and not the steel (bronze color) on the steering. Also noticed rear 12V power socket is missing. Is it already known and summarized by someone?
Showroom guy told those are cost cutting in New model. I'm wondering how cost cutting in top end model on an ongoing version! Anyone knows what other changes in New models? Especially under the bonnet if any?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Recently I noticed top end XZ+ variant having steering exactly same as XM variant. Means, it had only the piano black finish and not the steel (bronze color) on the steering. Also noticed rear 12V power socket is missing. Is it already known and summarized by someone?
Showroom guy told those are cost cutting in New model. I'm wondering how cost cutting in top end model on an ongoing version! Anyone knows what other changes in New models? Especially under the bonnet if any?
Bro even the XZ gets piano Black finish on steering. Also, luckily my car still has that rear socket in place. Of other changes, the one I remember is that now XZA+ does not have that low rear stop lamp placed in the bumper as I saw one car just this Saturday while getting mine serviced.

IMG_5152.JPG

IMG_5242.JPG

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
Low rear stop lamp?
Do you mean rear fogs have been removed?
Something which used to come with safari since so many years now?

I wonder if this kind of cheap cost cutting is even worth it! What did they save? 100 bucks for charger socket?
Something is wrong here.

Top Bottom