Tata Motors Lineup at Auto Expo 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tata Motors Lineup at Upcoming Auto Expo 2014

gaddambhargavareddy said:
hey there is an Compact Sedan code name "kite" based on X0 PF and 3.0L Dicor wont introduce in Storme due to presence of old safari accourding to my knowledge tata will introduce with deturned version of 3.0L dicor in old safari by diching 2.2 dicor to reduce price gap between safari and storme.
Nano PF:
Nano upgrade
Nano plus with ps & rear opening hatch
Nano 800 with disc breaks

New hatchback on the Megapixel concept

X0 PF:
A totally new hatchback on the same PF
Compact Sedan "kite"

X1:
Vista refresh
Falcon 4 hatch
Falcon 5 Compact Sedan
Sub 4 meter SUV

X2
More powerful 2.2 varicor 160bhp 400nm with 6 speed gearbox and redisigned dash
3.0L engine option worth 200bhp 400~ nm torque engine
Refreshed ARIA with more powerful engine and automatic gear box

Sumo PF:
Redisigned of new Sumo
Grande refreshed

Apart from this we may see many new engines
800cc 3 cyl in both petrol and diesel
1050cc 3 cyl in both petrol and diesel
1200cc 4 cyl 100 bhp petrol with 6 speed gear box
1400cc 4cyl 100 bhp diesel with 6 speed gear box
2000 cc Diesel engines

TATA also plans to go global. If it plans to do it n a big way then they have to concentrate on a host of petrol engines along with automatic gear boxes

1.6, 2.0 and 2.5L petrol engines along with 6 speed/ auto gearboxes should be planned.

Thread Starter #32

3.0L engine option worth 200bhp 400~ nm torque engine

2000 cc Diesel engine
Can you please clear my doubt [confused] currently TATA does not have 3.0L diesel with 200BHP TATA's 3.0L Dicor is able to produce upto 115BHP @ 3000RPM with 300 or 320 Max Torque I think

2.0L Diesel means its deffinately barrowed from SUMO VICTA and TATA WINGERS unit its produces 90BHP and 190 Max Torque with TCIC. If TATA can able to bring this unit with Dicor Specifications means power output can easly increased to around 130BHP and 250 Max Torque [clap]

Can you please clear my doubt [confused] currently TATA does not have 3.0L diesel with 200BHP TATA's 3.0L Dicor is able to produce upto 115BHP @ 3000RPM with 300 or 320 Max Torque I think

2.0L Diesel means its deffinately barrowed from SUMO VICTA and TATA WINGERS unit its produces 90BHP and 190 Max Torque with TCIC. If TATA can able to bring this unit with Dicor Specifications means power output can easly increased to around 130BHP and 250 Max Torque [clap]
the 2.2 l dicor engine can be upgraded to around 160bhp+. BUT TATA dont have a gearbox to transmit that power. So I think the 3L can produce 200 bhp, provided they have developed a gearbox for that.

Tata has displayed this engine to to show it's technical sprawness to a corner in the IIMS Indonesian International Motorshow in 2012. Based on this news I have posted this and am confident that TATA will bring on this engine soon.

I did try to get this piece news from the google search but nothing is available as of now.

What about safari storme? Will there be any model with any change?

Thread Starter #36

What about safari storme? Will there be any model with any change?
Safari storme will come in Updated Avatar [;)]

like - redesigned centrel consol with intregrated music and steering moutcontrols.

-Automatic Transmission with increased power (160BHP and 400MN)

-New Colors and varients

TATA Motors should concentrate more towrds SUVs and MUVs

There was a speculation a year ago that TML is planning to come our with a Maruti ERTIGA beater based on the Manza. I thing that is another vehicle we should watch.

Also TML should plan two Mini SUVs.

Sub 4 meter SUV
Based on the shorter Vista
This one will be a 5 seater

Lengthier SUV
Based on the Manza's extended wheel base
This one should be a 7 seater with 3 rows

So we can look out for atleast 2 models from this list.

Safari storme will come in Updated Avatar

like - redesigned centrel consol with intregrated music and steering moutcontrols.

-Automatic Transmission with increased power (160BHP and 400MN)

-New Colors and varients
good, what is the source of this info?

Just read on Autocar India,Tata Nano Diesel may not see the light of the day.:(

With this attitude,they are not going anywhere.Sorry Tata[anger][frustration]

Thread Starter #41

good, what is the source of this info?
there is no source we just expecting these changes in storme because without these minor changes TATA Storme wont sell in good numbers not only storme TATa Also have to reposition the old safari just below Storme to good deals so repositioning means they have to reduce price tag of old safari means they should replace 2.2L dicor engine with 3.0L Dicor engine produces 112BHP and 300MN currently this engine present in Xenon Crew cab pickup and sumo gold( CR4 Version).

The above two posts are contradictory.

@ swiftshashi can you please post the link where you read Nano Diesel will not be launched?

The above two posts are contradictory.

@ swiftshashi can you please post the link where you read Nano Diesel will not be launched?

Tata Nano diesel likely to be shelved | Car News | Entry-level hatchbacks | Autocar India
Tata Motors is seriously reconsidering the launch of the Tata Nano diesel altogether in the Indian market. Though the Tata Nano diesel has been in the works since 2010 and has reached an advanced stage of development, market conditions have changed significantly since then. The gap between petrol and diesel prices have narrowed signficantly, prompting a swing in demand back to petrol cars, especially at the lower end of the market. Over the past year and a half, petrol prices have risen by just 4.5 percent while diesel prices have soared by a whopping 30 percent, significantly reducing diesel’s cost effectiveness.

Tata Motors has developed two diesel engine configuration options for the Nano – a two-cylinder and a three-cylinder – but the company is yet to finalise which one to introduce in the market. The cost of the diesel engine is proving to be another stumbling block, turning out to be too expensive, especially in BS IV specification. Therefore, the higher sticker price for a Tata Nano diesel would make it hard to justify the advantage in running costs for customers.

Tata Motors recently launched the Nano CNG, with a starting price of Rs 2.52 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai). As a fuel, CNG offers comparable if not lower running costs than diesel and hence already caters to customers looking for a more economical option than petrol, which further weakens the case for the Tata Nano diesel.
As a result, we do not expect the Tata Nano diesel to be showcased at the forthcoming Auto Expo in Delhi.

Nano diesel will surely have its own space. Its obvious that cost for a diesel nano will be more and cost realisation occurs only after few years. But shelving the project is something ridiculous.

Yes they have to take brave steps but this is not the right one..[sleep]
Now,what we can expect in the Nano category this expo ?? Is the 3 cyl. petrol ready..??[confused]

As far as scoops and speculations are concerned,autocar India have been correct so far for most of the cases.
However, I do seriously hope that they are proven wrong this time. Even though I don't like TATA Products at all because of their sheer niggles,Nano always had a soft place in my heart as it was the dream of Ratan Tata and I respect the man and his dedication. [:)]
And without Nano diesel,I don't see any change in Nano's future anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom