Tata Motors Inaugurates Nano Factory At Sanand

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors on Wednesday inaugurated the world's cheapest car, the Nano's, manufacturing facility here, nearly two years after it was forced to shift the plant out of West Bengal over a land row.

The new plant at Sanand was inaugurated by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata, who seven years ago dreamt of making an affordable family car for the common man.

"When I came here first on an industry visit invited by Gujarat Chief Minister, I was told that if it (the Nano plant) is not in Gujarat, I will be a stupid.

"I am no longer stupid after investing on the plant in Gujarat," Tata said while inaugurating the plant.

Spread over about 1,100 acres, the plant in Sanand has been created at an investment of about Rs 2,000 crore.

Speaking on the occasion, Modi said: "The revolution brought by Ford in the early 20th century with its small car is being replicated now by Ratan Tata with his Nano."

Source - Economictimes

The adv in today's TOI.

Attachments

Yeah the waiting period will get reduced now! But i seriously hope that the quality and reliability improves and we don have to see another Nano burning!

huh..am now tired making some comments for nano. would have been good if mr.tata had offered complimentory parking space / roads to drive with this car.

TATA MOTORS CUTS PRODUCTION OF THE NANO AT SANAND BY OVER 80%

Tata Motors it appears has cut production of the Nano at its Sanand plant by over 80%. The Tata Nano factory at Sanand, Gujarat, is said to be operating on a single shift with a four day work week.The factory at Sanand has the capacity of building 250,000 Nanos each year. To make money on the Nano, Tata Motors needs to utilize 60% of the Sanand factory’s capacity.

Tata Motors cuts production of the Nano at Sanand by over 80% - Indian Cars Bikes

TATA MOTORS CUTS PRODUCTION OF THE NANO AT SANAND BY OVER 80%

Tata Motors it appears has cut production of the Nano at its Sanand plant by over 80%. The Tata Nano factory at Sanand, Gujarat, is said to be operating on a single shift with a four day work week.The factory at Sanand has the capacity of building 250,000 Nanos each year. To make money on the Nano, Tata Motors needs to utilize 60% of the Sanand factory’s capacity.

Tata Motors cuts production of the Nano at Sanand by over 80% - Indian Cars Bikes
In some other post in this forum I read Tata is moving other lines also to Sanand from Pune.

Cheers,
Anshuman

More bad news for Tata and Nano. Seems production has completely been stopped at Sanand.

Tata shuts Nano plant in Gujarat for 35 to 40 days as inventory piles up on low demand

Read more at:
Tata shuts Nano plant in Gujarat for 35 to 40 days as inventory piles up on low demand - The Economic Times
Yes indeed bad..!! Now they should consider dropping the Nano brand atleast in India and concentrate in export markets where there is no so called perception[anger]

I don't think there will be remarkable turnaround after Twist Active is launched. They should take some tough decisions.[sleep]

Top Bottom