Tata Motors Developing Mini Aria?

Re: Scoop: TATA Developing Mini Aria

In any case customers will win and this competition will keep the scope of continuous improvement.

I believe Ertiga is going to be real trend setter for compact MPV. Hope Tata should not take too long to launch it and in meantime improve it's image.

Mini sumo gold sounds quite interesting hope they make it a urban vehicle for youngsters with a bit contemporary styling and features .

I have heard stories of tata building a under 10L monocoque SUV .
This should be interesting though if they could pressurise the fiat to produce the 1.5 mjd2 then things will be shaken up for sure.

The picture is a Ps job from the Quanto though.

If they want to avail the <4m, <1.5 l benefits they have are better off doing something with the vista platform. In any case Aria does resemble the Vista. I am really surprised to see people flocking (if the reported figures are true) for the Quanto. It is as heavy as a proper SUV but with a small heart. Mini-Aria will not be going to be any different. What do these cars offer over Ertiga? RWD?

Last edited:

If they want to avail the <4m, <1.5 l benefits they have are better off doing something with the vista platform. In any case Aria does resemble the Vista. I am really surprised to see people flocking (if the reported figures are true) for the Quanto. It is as heavy as a proper SUV but with a small heart. Mini-Aria will not be going to be any different. What do these cars offer over Ertiga? RWD?
+100
I just don't fancy this idea of cutting the length and make a car under 4 meters .
Tata and mahindra both seem to be lazy here .why can't they devlop a all new vehicle ? As you said correctly tata has a vista platform ready what they need is a new contemporary desgin for a mini SUV .

The pic looks more of Vista with spare wheel. Hope this is not the actual test pic. But me too have heard that Tata is developing mini-UV to compete with quanto, & upcoming eco-sport & will be priced between 6-8L. Lets see.

Btw, does anyone have news on Manza CS ? I don't think Tata will launch it soon, especially as they have launched Manza Club Class now.

I have heard stories of tata building a under 10L monocoque SUV .
This should be interesting though if they could pressurise the fiat to produce the 1.5 mjd2 then things will be shaken up for sure.

The picture is a Ps job from the Quanto though.
+1000 . That's PS job replacing ARIA over Quanto.

If the news are true then we will be having really hot market and ever other guy would be owing either SUV,UV or compact UV. [lol]. With no more place left to park and drive in cities. [lol]

Finally, Aria gives up to the heat of it's own (over)price tag. But, even if the news turns out to be true than a Quanto sized vehicle for say 10L is too much. The mini-Aria would fail again as we already have bigger giants like Safari/Scorpio dominating that bracket. All said, let's wait for the curtains to be raised.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #13

Looking at the wheelbase and the sheer length of Aria X-over,it'll be one hell of a chop job by Tata to try to bring this under 4 meter mark.Also we must note that this thing would be even bulkier than Quanto which is around 1.6 ton,so fiat jtd may not fit well into this package.The other option is 1.4 cr4 engine,but it produces a meagre 70 ps power not good enough to lug a 1600 kg plus monster.I think TATA will need to develop an all new 1.5 lt engine for this car.

I might actually consider buying the Aria, if they plonk in the old school, yet venerable 3-litre engine. That car would be more than a worthy competitor to the Innova on most fronts....

Last edited:

Hey interesting news friends !! It looks to me that heat is going up with the compact SUV's in the country and more are following Ford Ecosport it seems !!

But this segment will click like anything according to me !!

Top Bottom