Tata Motors Developing Mini Aria?

First of all the bigger product(Aria) is struggling in this world, why on earth should they bring another one? Well if it is to compete with Quanto, then don't dream of this taking over Quanto's numbers.

The picture is a Ps job from the Quanto though.
I do feel the same.

Thread Starter #32
I think Tata should just chuck away this idea of shortening the behemoth Aria.Rather they should use a shortened version of X2 chassis to underpin an all new under 4 metre mini SUV with real 4x4 credentials and revive the brand which many people dreamt:Any guesses?

No problem,I tell you it was something known as TATA Sierra.:biggrin:

@MODS: I have taken these images from Google pics.If there is any copyright issue then kindly remove.Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:
But why not use the vista platform itself and desgin it in SUV style like the ecosport and duster ?
Agree with you Raja, if VW can take UP's platform which is a sub compact car and turn it into Taigun (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...lkswagen-taigun-mini-suv-revealed-brazil.html) then why can't Tata's do the same and moreover Vista carrying a monocoque chassis will be much lighter than the Aria's LOF chassis.

If developed on Vista platform it will be Lighter, quicker & will have a much better road handling credential's.

Infact, all of these are possible.

A mini MPV based on Vista platform

- style it suitably and load with features to target the mass market.

A mini Aria for a niche market.

A mini Sierra based on X2 platform as a lifestyle car.

A mini (compact) Sumo - rugged and tough with 4x4

In design wise, I feel that

The rear side curve of Vista, Aria even Punto though it is not TATA vehicle but has same shape !!

If it has to be a mini Aria a MPV/MUV then it should have some boxy shape with straight design not too much of curve on the rear, something like Safari,Safari Storm rear design and to that extent Quanto,Xylo,Scorpio are good and XUV rear design is bad.

So I with TATA will do something like this for new mini Aria

In design wise, I feel that

The rear side curve of Vista, Aria even Punto though it is not TATA vehicle but has same shape !!
Indica and Indica vista is designed by Italians. probably fiat engineer's part time business, worry not they are well engineered and efficient in aerodynamic departments unlike swift or Ritz.

If it has to be a mini Aria a MPV/MUV then it should have some boxy shape with straight design not too much of curve on the rear, something like Safari,Safari Storm rear design and to that extent Quanto,Xylo,Scorpio are good and XUV rear design is bad.

So I with TATA will do something like this for new mini Aria
Decision maker would be "final cost" not the looks
TAta not the BOF again, Indians do not want such things .

I think Tata should just chuck away this idea of shortening the behemoth Aria.Rather they should use a shortened version of X2 chassis to underpin an all new under 4 metre mini SUV with real 4x4 credentials and revive the brand which many people dreamt:Any guesses?

No problem,I tell you it was something known as TATA Sierra.:biggrin:

@MODS: I have taken these images from Google pics.If there is any copyright issue then kindly remove.Thanks.
Sierra! The legend. A new gen Sierra based on the Xenon won't be a bad idea. Development cost / time should be less.

View attachment 69561

Overdrive magazine reports that TATA is developing mini Aria.Here is the link:Exclusive! Tata developing mini-Aria - Overdrive

Can it take on Quanto,can it give serious fight to Ertiga?? What do you people think ??
[frustration] If so then tata means the ARIA is a Competitor to Xylo eh??? what rubbish they could have brought the seirra back or safari storme with two door. I donno why are these people making so many comedies[confused]

My suggestion to TATA Motors is First see the sales of TATA ARIA,TATA MANZA & Grande DICOR and the service network

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #40
hi.I am new to this. thanks to all of u for your efforts.
Hello sir,welcome to our wonderful forum TAI.[:)]
I need a suggestion.
HaHa,that's why we all are here,so you're welcome.

I am planning to buy aria pure model. the best deal I have negotiated is RS. 10.50/- lacks for on road I Delhi. but the car I am offered is January 2012 make.please suggest if it's good option to buy this or its too old a vehicle.
Look at 10.50 lakhs on road,the deal that you're getting for Aria is very good.

But the issue is that its 10-11 months old.On a similar note out forum member tornado 78 also bought an Aria that was almost an year old(if I can recollect correctly) and so far he is not having any such problems.Here is his ownership thread:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...a-aria-pleasure-4x4-k-chronicals-saphira.html

It's not that you can't buy an year old vehicle,but you must do profound checks before signing the dotted line.Checks like:

1. Engine oil level,

2. Battery charge level,

3. Tyre tread check and others.

Please go through our TAI PDI list to know more about what you should do in this case.Here is the PDI list:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html

If everything is okay and you don't find anything fishy,then you can go ahead and enjoy your ride.[:)]

Cheers

THE X-OVER

This Sierra was indeed a cool looking UV, infact no other UV looked as cool as Sierra. I feel Tata launched this product when Indian market was not mature enough for it, but now I feel people will surely buy one. At the end of the day, how many times you travel 4 in a car ?? So those rear doors hardly matters & it being lifestyle vehicle, I am sure it won't be the only car of the buyer.

Thread Starter #42
Tata should hasten up all its new projects,since they are losing market share by the day!! Mini Aria,Mini Sumo or Sierra all are welcome.

Hormazd, in his weekly scoop,says with some conviction that no such shortened ARIA is on its way-the X2 platform is too expensive he explains.
Well, as usual we wait from TML for .a long wheel base Indica,the CNG nano. the usual suspects seen from spy shots with some frustration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hormzad has good connection inside Tata Motor's whatever he claims will have certain evidence backing it up. Even i thought Mini Aria would be too expensive to make.

Hormzad has good connection inside Tata Motor's whatever he claims will have certain evidence backing it up. Even i thought Mini Aria would be too expensive to make.
Even I was wondering,a mini Aria on BOF ..ridiculous.

I wish to see a mini Sumo with 90hp multijet [clap]this one should have some class unlike cab.

Top Bottom