Tata Motors Developing Mini Aria?

Re: Scoop: TATA Developing Mini Aria

If they want to avail the <4m, <1.5 l benefits they have are better off doing something with the vista platform.
Not a single sub 4 m vista based mini aria will be sold with inevitable compromise on middle row comfort.IMO.
It is better to launch a 'marina' version of manza .

I hope they redesign the rear this time [lol]
Who will bear the cost of redesign?

But me too have heard that Tata is developing mini-UV to compete with quanto, & upcoming eco-sport & will be priced between 6-8L. Lets see.

@sclass, If it competes with eco sport , (not quanto ), it will be a proper upgrade for my manza in future.
Is it too much to ask for a 1.5 lit fiat engine in this price bracket?

Strange-the vista is nearly 4 m long-3795 exactly-if that is extended it will be the manza CS(it would vv similar to a mini Aria?) -if not just a vista with a better boot!
Tata already has a 8 seater sub 4 meter Venture-why could they not spend some energy and make that a fun, safe,BS4,and attractive car?-perhaps move the spare tire to the rear door-like the VW microbus,....and price the thing under 5L-atleast to start? The VW was a smash hit with families and with flexi seating families could make it an ideal campervan-common Sir Karl[:D]

Strange-the vista is nearly 4 m long-3795 exactly-if that is extended it will be the manza CS(it would vv similar to a mini Aria?) -if not just a vista with a better boot!
Tata already has a 8 seater sub 4 meter Venture-why could they not spend some energy and make that a fun, safe,BS4,and attractive car?-perhaps move the spare tire to the rear door-like the VW microbus,....and price the thing under 5L-atleast to start? The VW was a smash hit with families and with flexi seating families could make it an ideal campervan-common Sir Karl[:D]
you mean come on Karl[;)] simply joking...
venture has its own drawbacks such as stability at high speeds,safety features,brand image etc. A cab forward version with engine in the front is a good option but it needs re engineering. Indians need stylish people mover. What's the sales of Nissan evalia? Evalia may be good but people did not want that because of its looks.

10000 bookings for quanto. I think its not that great car from M&M. It's not great to drive, not good in comfort, does not have a great engine,enough body roll etc etc.... Still it got that much booking and it will enjoy a considerable waiting period. TML is the one to create a new idea to chop boot and earn that excise benefit. But as usual others have overtaken them in that strategy also. When will TML rise to the occasion?? God knows[frustration]

10000 bookings for quanto. I think its not that great car from M&M. It's not great to drive, not good in comfort, does not have a great engine,enough body roll etc etc.... Still it got that much booking and it will enjoy a considerable waiting period. TML is the one to create a new idea to chop boot and earn that excise benefit. But as usual others have overtaken them in that strategy also. When will TML rise to the occasion?? God knows
Thanks to people who book by the name SUV[surprise].
I think Tata should just put spare wheel on Vista, increase GC a bit, put roof rails & there you have a true blue compact 4x2 SUV. [lol]

Thread Starter #22
I think Tata should just put spare wheel on Vista, increase GC a bit, put roof rails & there you have a true blue compact 4x2 SUV.
You said it lightly,but in all seriousness this what TATA needs to do.

*They need not to copy Mahindra but rather copy Ford.There should be no mini Aria according to me but a Vista spawned light and supple monocoque soft-roader,just like Ecosport is based upon Fiesta platform.

* Even an under 4 meter Aria would be very heavy around 1700 kgs to be precise,then it creates the trouble of which engine to fit in it as fiat jtd will not suffice in powering such a heavy beast.

Anyways,best of luck to Tata in their pursuit.

And Happy Diwali to you and other TAIans.Enjoy & be safe.

THE X-OVER

10000 bookings for quanto. I think its not that great car from M&M. It's not great to drive, not good in comfort, does not have a great engine,enough body roll etc etc.... Still it got that much booking and it will enjoy a considerable waiting period. TML is the one to create a new idea to chop boot and earn that excise benefit. But as usual others have overtaken them in that strategy also. When will TML rise to the occasion?? God knows[frustration]
That is called trust man! Their products are rather reliable when compared to new gen Tata machines.

Last edited:
TATA Motors to launch the new Mini-Aria

The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has triggered a vehicle segment in the Indian car market. The launch of the compact MUV from Maruti has been followed by the Mahindra Quanto and Tata Motors is not too far behind. The Aria is by far the most modern and highly equipped car from Tata Motors. However, its price of above Rs.10 lakhs did not make it an endearing choice for MUV buyers. Tata Motors by working on the mini Aria will probably find more takers. The Mini Aria will most likely be powered by Fiat's 1.3-litre Multijet diesel engine. This is because, government rules stipulate a compact car cannot have an engine which is larger than 1.5 litres. However the Aria is much heavier and hence would require a more powerful engine. If Tata Motors feel the Fiat engine cannot deliver the required performance, it will most definitely have to develop a new engine for the mini Aria.The mini Aria will compete with Maruti ertiga and the mahindra quanto. Expect the mini Aria's price to be closer to that of the Ertiga and the Quanto.

Attachments

Personally, I don't think this is in pipeline. I have been hearing about Manza CS for past 2 years, and nothing is done there. And Aria is so big that making it sub-4m would be weird, best would be to use it's platform and put redesigned Vista on it with the same 1.3 QJet engine. This will drastically cut the price as lot of same components can be shared.

Personally, I don't think this is in pipeline. I have been hearing about Manza CS for past 2 years, and nothing is done there. And Aria is so big that making it sub-4m would be weird, best would be to use it's platform and put redesigned Vista on it with the same 1.3 QJet engine. This will drastically cut the price as lot of same components can be shared.
But why not use the vista platform itself and desgin it in SUV style like the ecosport and duster ?

But why not use the vista platform itself and desgin it in SUV style like the ecosport and duster ?
If I am right, the new platform of Aria is better for UVs, hence even Storme took it & hope this hydroform chassis is incorporated even in this mini model one.

If I am right, the new platform of Aria is better for UVs, hence even Storme took it & hope this hydroform chassis is incorporated even in this mini model one.
You are right if they really want to build a mini off roader , but if they just want a cross over like a ES or duster the vista platform can do the works I think .

Re: Scoop: TATA Developing Mini Aria

I have heard stories of tata building a under 10L monocoque SUV .
This should be interesting though if they could pressurise the fiat to produce the 1.5 mjd2 then things will be shaken up for sure.

The picture is a Ps job from the Quanto though.
Nope, only the side profile looks like the quanto the back and the front is just aria. It is not a PS job, its a leaked pic of the new aria testing.

Top Bottom