Tata Motors Brings Revamped Sumo Gold

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
It’s an open secret that car models in India die a natural death. Sumo is one such example. Even though its successor (Sumo Grande) is on sale already, older generation model continues to sell along. And there’s no sign from Tata Motors to discontinue it anytime soon. In fact, if the news from NDTV Profit is to be believed, then Tata is considering another makeover for ageing Sumo Victa.

11742.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

With the Sumo Grande not doing good i think they are planning to have the 2.2VTT engine in Sumo Victa now and see the response!

IMO the Sumo Victa is better looking than Grande , i welcome this decision! They should never really have introduced the Sumo Grande IMO!

There is no use in selling the dead car anymore.

Sumo should be completely facelifted & should get the mightier looks like Scorpio inorder to get on top of the sales chart.

I feel its a good move. In commercial segment, Sumo was a great hit, but with Grande, somehow Tata is loosing this big market. So refreshing Sumo Vista might give it a great thrust.

Now I wouldn't really say that. I believe it is selling in decent no.s for a car that outdated. Nevertheless, it needs a revamp, though I find the present looks macho enough.

well i believe Tata should really work on Sumo and come out with something like Xylo like mahindra, which could fill their space between manza and safari, where they really dont have any good product, only one is Sumo, and neither of their sumo's are selling.

Why the hell does Tata need to work on the Sumo???This I fail to understand. We already have the Grande, don't we??[:)]

Why the hell does Tata need to work on the Sumo???This I fail to understand. We already have the Grande, don't we??[:)]
well buddy, as i said earlier, neither of the Sumo's version is working well, so may be company's trying to come out with one perfect version of their one time flagship model Sumo which got killed after Toyota's qualis.

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
IMO the Sumo Victa is better looking than Grande , i welcome this decision! They should never really have introduced the Sumo Grande IMO!
I always preferred the looks of Victa but only until the Grande made its debut. Tata Sumo Grande may not be as feature laden as Mahindra Xylo, but if the comparison is on basis of looks, the Grande easily takes a vote away.

More or less, the Sumo Victa is much popular today due to it's reachable price tag, so yes, it makes worth considerable option if Tata Motors totally discontinues the production and rather focuses on slashing price of Grande to a margin.

So refreshing Sumo Vista might give it a great thrust.
It's Sumo Victa.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Refreshed Victa would be a better move.
As Sumo even today is the better sales generator for TATA Motors....in UV segment.

I always preferred the looks of Victa but only until the Grande made its debut. Tata Sumo Grande may not be as feature laden as Mahindra Xylo, but if the comparison is on basis of looks, the Grande easily takes a vote away.

More or less, the Sumo Victa is much popular today due to it's reachable price tag, so yes, it makes worth considerable option if Tata Motors totally discontinues the production and rather focuses on slashing price of Grande to a margin.

It's Sumo Victa.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Revamped Tata Sumo Victa in Pipeline

Tata Motors to launch refreshed ‘Sumo Gold’ this month
Source - IAB

Re: Revamped Tata Sumo Victa in Pipeline (Sumo Gold)

Better to stop Grande and sell this vehicle instead,It will do more of wonders in cab world as its preferred by them especially for good space and roomier to accommodate more of passengers

Top Bottom