Tata Motors After Sales Service vs Maruti Suzuki After Sales Service

I do not have experience of TASS but M.A.S>S Suraksha Car care is good and ranked 1 in CSI in South India. Even people using Bimal and Pratham are happy with it.

Thread Starter #62
Today I visied another Tata Service Station in Kolkata (B B Motors) which is near to my home for some work. I didn't have any work done today but seems that they are also maintaining the same standard as the TASS I had visited earlier and started this thread.

I'll keep you people posted about my extensive experience with B B Motors once I have the same.

What I wanted to point out that ALL TASS are good now-a-days and hence I would recommend anyone to buy Tata cars due to its VFM factor.

Is it because the difference between the price of the cars I have? Don't know. But any day, I;'ll differ the popular notion that "Maruti ASS is much better than Tata ASS", "Tata ASS sucks" etc. etc.
Don't worry about others your views are not generalizing.
Better to Edit the title to 'MASS vs TASS experiences by TAI gers' .
So at the end of the thread, we can make a generalised statement.
What I wanted to point out that ALL TASS are good now-a-days and hence I would recommend anyone to buy Tata cars due to its VFM factor.
@sambit_mech

You are certainly getting there, rather quickly[;)]

Last edited:
Today I visied another Tata Service Station in Kolkata (B B Motors) which is near to my home for some work. I didn't have any work done today but seems that they are also maintaining the same standard as the TASS I had visited earlier and started this thread.

I'll keep you people posted about my extensive experience with B B Motors once I have the same.

It was our regular TASS until last year. They are pretty good at work but their facility looks in shambles (like any road side workshop). Is Mr Gomes still around there ?

My Experience with MASS since last 5 and half years is very good and they are top class.
I have no idea about TASS,so will not comment on that

At TASS, today they again tried to take my signature on satisfaction note on the job card before test drive after the servicing. When I questioned them they said, OK don't sign. When I scolded them they tried to justify it saying that it is Tata 's routine procedure, however I can sign after the TD[lol]

Thread Starter #67
Guys! Last week I had done servicing of my Alto (60k + km) at Maruti authorised service station and today my Manza (5K+) at TASS.

Cost:
MASS - tried to extract around 40k from me by suggesting suspension, tyre rim and tyre change on top of normal servicing fluid top-ups. I said clearly that tryes are not that bad to change right now and suspension is changed 1 year ago. Ultimately ended up in paying 4k+. Car is running good. But too much of waiting for getting the car serviced.
TASS - real good, all servicing process I was allowed to see though I chose to look into the ECM/ABS checking by using laptop. BTW, why maruti never does ECM checking???? Any idea???? Paid Rs 0.00 since it was second free service. I can still remember that my Alto's second service costed me around 2k around 6 yrs ago. Today my Manza's second service costed me Nil. I am getting an absurd data point day by day - A small hatchback petrol costs more than a sedan diesel!!!!

Enough of my badmouthing to MASS for today. Just thought to keep you guys posted that TASS rocks!!!!

Edit: TASS delivered the car before time whereas MASS after comitted time. TASS didn't have my car standing waiting for bay but MASS had my car waiting most of the time to get the bay. Crap MASS! Long live Tata!

Last edited:
That is good one on one comparison. Slowly all MASS is becoming like Hyundai to extract money from people on slightest excuse.

OT.
While servicing my Zen at a MASS, I was told that the battery had to be replaced. I refused thinking that they were trying to fleece me as functionally my battery was great - starting at the first crank and no visible effect on the electrical systems.

But after a month, one day, drove to the office and while trying to start in the evening, the battery was dead. No warning symptoms of any sort. Had to push start the car and got the battery changed.

Lessons learned: It pays to heed to the service advice.

Hi Storme911 I was looking at your maruti bill and was amazed to see that wheel alignment + balancing charges are 1600 in that bill can you ask them what exactly they have done
Wheel alignment and 4 tyre weights charges.

Normally what are the charges of wheel alignment and balancing ?

And do the repair rates differ of same company but different dealer A.S.S?

^^It is better to avoid, wb and wa at dealers service as they bill more and do nothing. Get it done at a good tyre shop in which you can monitor personally

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
^^It is better to avoid, wb and wa at dealers service as they bill more and do nothing. Get it done at a good tyre shop in which you can monitor personally
They do balance the wheels and one can immediately feel if it has been properly done or not. and the rate depends on shop to shop. I normally pay 400 rupees for balancing and alignment, a friend prefers a different shop which charges 800 rupees.

The TASS I used to go didnt have the WA WB tools, they use to charge Rs.720 and get it done from outside WA/WB shop. I stopped getting done from TASS and got it done from WA/WB shop my self for Rs.300.

True to an extent. Here is a slight comparison in my personal experience.

• WA @ FASS = Rs. 350 / Outside = Rs. 200-250
  • WB @ FASS = Rs. 450 (just for 2 wheels) + Weight / Outside = Rs. 70-80 Per Wheel + Weight maybe charged, depending on the relationship
  • Time = FASS may take 1 Hour to 1 Day, literally! Which is done in flat 30 mins outside.
  • Accessibility = FASS will be at least 5 - 10 KMs far off, whereas WA Shops are next door possibly.
Despite all these cons, I get better precision with FASS than outside. So, if time permits, I get it done from FASS, else outside. If I do it in FASS, I won't tie it up with Service as I will not be able to monitor it. Go on a weekday or lean hours on a weekend and get it done in front of me. Also, will always ask for WA Report and their printer won't work almost all the times [lol]

The TASS I used to go didnt have the WA WB tools, they use to charge Rs.720 and get it done from outside WA/WB shop. I stopped getting done from TASS and got it done from WA/WB shop my self for Rs.300.
What?! [surprise] That's incredible!

Well my colleague who owns Safari Dicor had issue with AC condenser. It was replaced without any fuss and free of cost as they mentioned it was defective. By the way, car was not in warranty.[clap]

Top Bottom