Tata Motors After Sales Service vs Maruti Suzuki After Sales Service

Yes you can go for -

Semi-synthetic - 5W40.
Full-synthetic - 0W40.

Fuel filter to be changed every 20K km as per manual.

@Harry,10, are you talking of manza?
In my experience, they don't change fuel filter at every servicing.
Also, they are using semisynthetic oil which is cheaper than the synthetic tic used in anshuman 's manza.
Yes, about the Manza.
No idea about what is changed and not as my father takes care of its service side.
However , i do know its the synthetic oil we change every service and not the semisynthetic. Costs around 3700 i guess. Been doing so since the start. Bill is always in the range of 6200-6800.

You are absolutely right!

If we consider maintenance after buying a new tata car-
TASS has advantage of Annual maintenance contract,this takes care of maintenance of car.I have opted for GOLD AMC which is there till 4 yrs or 49k km(which ever is 1st)
It covers wear and tear parts and 2 time oils change as per recommended km running/time interval, labour charges is also taken care of.
excluding tyre and battery rest everything is covered

i am not comparing both cars,but we get a hint here that how TASS,MASS works
Tata safari storme -3rd service bill (15k km)
View attachment 127074

i dont look after my dad's company car since they only pay and look after it,but when our TAI member cruiser and raja told me to check the service bill of my company car and i was shocked.
Maruti Swift Dzire estimate (55k km running),MASS knows that driver and our company has least knowledge of automobiles,i asked driver why so much of polishing is required,reply i get "the colour is looking dull when compared to other swift dzire ,thus polishing is must"[frustration],and the fact that car is never parked in sun,always parked in shed.
There are almost 15-20 company cars and all swift dire,one might doubt that there might be some nexus between driver and MASS
View attachment 127075
[surprise] rs 1600 for wheel alignment and balancing [frustration]

Here in local market reputed garages and tyre shops charge rs 100 per wheel for balancing ,and rs. 150 for alignment .[:D]
Locals are always cheaper, but I was specifically talking about TASS. I never get it done from TASS. If it is free do it else leave it. But I did ask them rate.

Whether it is TASS or MASS, it depends on

1. Dealer reputation and quality he maintains
2. Our own alertness and to carefully read between lines on what Service Advisor tells and catch the words.
3. To always ensure he understands and does what we tell him to do. Don't blindly ask him to repeat. Use some euphemisms so that we will understand and mentions the same and we need to ensure it is line with our requirements.
4. To ensure what we want is written clearly in the service form - even if it is tightening of nut or bolt.
5. To ensure the fuel level is checked and entered and odometer reading is entered in service form.
6. To be alert to recognize and differentiate what we want and what he tries to sell to us and we should say 'No' for that if not required. For e-g , he will insist on Car polish for after body wash in a service.
7. To learn by practice/experience to differentiate what can be done in workshop and what can be done outside.
8. To make him understand that we will take him/dealer to task if he fails on expectations. This is where Maruti leads which I had experienced. Their zeal for customer is unquestionable going by my experience. You send them a mail and you can be sure the issue will be closed to your satisfaction. Not aware of Tata on this though.

Last edited:
Press Release - Asia Pacific 2013 India Customer Service Index (CSI) Study | J.D. Power

I always wonder, why MASS gets top ranking in ASS surveys carried out by various institutes.?
Especially, the JD power associate's survey, MASS has got better ranking than Hondas too for 14 years consequently. Hondas also were known for their petrol cars till recently. Maruti Suzuki tops customer satisfaction with dealer service: JD Power Asia Pacific - Economic Times
That's because Maruti Basically forces customers to sign that they are fully satisfied after every single tiny job they do.

When I took delivery of my car, they made me sign satisfaction separately for the delivery of the vehicle, delivery of the speakers and delivery of the other accessories (Steering cover, etc.). Absolutely ridiculous.

I too have experienced TASS's & MASS's practice of getting the satisfaction note signed at the time of preparing jobcard.

But in case of surveys, I feel, it is the feedback from the novice customers which is making a difference there.

MASS has the practice of getting blank feedback forms signed by customers.
They will provide the forms but we have right to refuse to sign unless we physically see the defect is rectified or satisfied with service. Suggestion is, we take the forms with us and give the feedback after couple of days ensuring that the service is done properly. Any issue, we bring to their notice and if still unresolved, write to Maruti.

They will provide the forms but we have right to refuse to sign unless we physically see the defect is rectified or satisfied with service. Suggestion is, we take the forms with us and give the feedback after couple of days ensuring that the service is done properly. Any issue, we bring to their notice and if still unresolved, write to Maruti.
Only few people do that, and that is reason your are in TAI. Lay man will sign blindly only.

Top Bottom