Tata Motors After Sales Service vs Maruti Suzuki After Sales Service

I have been dealing with TASS for last 9 years.
In 2010 i would have given them 50 out of 100 but now in 2014 i will give them 90 out of 100. In past 3 years they had improved tremendously. In my experience most people bad mouthing tata ASS have actually never experienced it themself and go only by hear say.
No comments for MASS as haven't dealt with them.

This makes me want to switch to TATA! I've started doing most maintenance (oil, etc.) on my car myself because MASS make such a mess out of it!

I have been using Alto for last 7+ yrs. and bought a Manza recently. Yesterday I went for first service for my Manza. I was pleasantly surprised with the Tata ASS and thought to share with you all. BTW, we all know that Tata manufactures VFM cars while Maruti cars are a bit costly with lesser cabin space and Features than Tata.
Subjective matter.Extremely dependent on dealer in your city. In my city the Tata dealer is known to provide the worst experience while MASS Toyota ASS and Honda ASS are one of the best in my city. My colleague who used to own a Vista would say "Whenever i go to TASS my Blood Pressure automatically rises." He got so fed up with them he finally decided to sell of his car.

Last heard even the dealer was fed up with Tata motors and have received go ahead from Honda to start Honda Dealership.

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
Subjective matter.Extremely dependent on dealer in your city. In my city the Tata dealer is known to provide the worst experience while MASS Toyota ASS and Honda ASS are one of the best in my city. My colleague who used to own a Vista would say "Whenever i go to TASS my Blood Pressure automatically rises." He got so fed up with them he finally decided to sell of his car.

Last heard even the dealer was fed up with Tata motors and have received go ahead from Honda to start Honda Dealership.

Regards,
Sankar
Hey Sankar, are you referring to Kulathunkal motors? Are they going for HONDA dealership in TVM? Good news it will be. Any idea where they are going to setup the dealership?

The learning curve is steep but the sustenance is flat.
Maruti used to be so meticulous in earlier times. Now due to lack of space and people the service had come down.Multiple visits are very normal now a days.
The MASS SAs are so intelligent they will not let it show in the SW.
Tata owners can be happy ,if they are getting a better deal ,enjoy that. Dont know how long !!!.Now TATA is learning .

Happy to know that TASS is improving. It's really a welcome change indeed as many stay away for Tata cars for this reason too, despite the better products they could offer.

Sorry for getting a little OT, but just my experience.

Appu - Glad to hear these pointers. I have experienced the same and in fact, all the points you listed in FASS too. And sometimes, when you have a good rapport with the SA/SM you can get many such privileges, advantages too.

As a TATA car owner, I have few experience to share here.

1st : One Saturday evening around 6:30, I switched ON my fog lamps but it was not working. Immediately I headed towards TASS. I reached there around 7pm and informed the issue. To my surprise, they immediately took my Vista inside the service and found the Fuse was the Kaput. they replaced the fuse free of cost and returned the car in 5mins. I was really surprised by the response of TASS and I liked the way they responded.

2nd : When ever I leave my Vista for service, they give a cover to keep all the things from the car. Even they will keep with them and return it when I get my car

3rd : Whenever I go, they will provide Tea and they will ask me wait in waiting room.

4th : whenever I asked for TD the car, some supervisor will accompany me.

5th : Even I stood next to car, whenever they do the service. None of the guys asked me to go away from the place. Even I asked few doubts to the Electricians and Mechanics who work on my car. They all provided proper answer so far.

Hey Sankar, are you referring to Kulathunkal motors? Are they going for HONDA dealership in TVM? Good news it will be. Any idea where they are going to setup the dealership?
Yes. Kulathunkal motors now going to be Honda main dealer in Trivandrum. They are dropping since they got Honda permission to open dealership. I suspect the location will be same as they have a vast area in an ideal place.

Regards,
Sankar

A few small time MASS are still good but the bigger ones run by dealers run only one motto - LOOT the people.
These tactics are not only followed by MASS but by every car dealer be it Honda. Hyundai, Tata etc. This is where they make bulk of their profit. Every time a customer visits the dealership, the service engineers out there will prepare a list of things that have to be carried out (Some of them actually not needed) taking advantage of the fact that the customer is ignorant about automobiles.
What then follows is LOOT......

These tactics are not only followed by MASS but by every car dealer be it Honda. Hyundai, Tata etc. This is where they make bulk of their profit. Every time a customer visits the dealership, the service engineers out there will prepare a list of things that have to be carried out (Some of them actually not needed) taking advantage of the fact that the customer is ignorant about automobiles.
What then follows is LOOT......
You are absolutely right!

If we consider maintenance after buying a new tata car-
TASS has advantage of Annual maintenance contract,this takes care of maintenance of car.I have opted for GOLD AMC which is there till 4 yrs or 49k km(which ever is 1st)
It covers wear and tear parts and 2 time oils change as per recommended km running/time interval, labour charges is also taken care of.
excluding tyre and battery rest everything is covered

i am not comparing both cars,but we get a hint here that how TASS,MASS works
Tata safari storme -3rd service bill (15k km)
IMAG1472.jpg

i dont look after my dad's company car since they only pay and look after it,but when our TAI member cruiser and raja told me to check the service bill of my company car and i was shocked.
Maruti Swift Dzire estimate (55k km running),MASS knows that driver and our company has least knowledge of automobiles,i asked driver why so much of polishing is required,reply i get "the colour is looking dull when compared to other swift dzire ,thus polishing is must"[frustration],and the fact that car is never parked in sun,always parked in shed.
There are almost 15-20 company cars and all swift dire,one might doubt that there might be some nexus between driver and MASS
IMG-20131209-WA0016.jpg

Last edited:

TASS has advantage of Annual maintenance contract,this takes care of maintenance of car.I have opted for GOLD AMC which is there till 4 yrs or 49k km(which ever is 1st)
It covers wear and tear parts and 2 time oils change as per recommended km running/time interval, labour charges is also taken care of.
excluding tyre and battery rest everything is covered

i am not comparing both cars,but we get a hint here that how TASS,MASS works
Tata safari storme -3rd service bill (15k km)
View attachment 127074

i dont look after my dad's company car since they only pay and look after it,but when our TAI member cruiser and raja told me to check the service bill of my company car and i was shocked.
Maruti Swift Dzire estimate (55k km running),MASS knows that driver and our company has least knowledge of automobiles,i asked driver why so much of polishing is required,reply i get "the colour is looking dull when compared to other swift dzire ,thus polishing is must"[frustration],and the fact that car is never parked in sun,always parked in shed.
There are almost 15-20 company cars and all swift dire,one might doubt that there might be some nexus between driver and MASS
View attachment 127075
Damn! If that was my car I would have had a mini-heart attack!

Either your Driver is also getting fooled or your MASS is bribing your driver to allow the extra charges!

TASS has advantage of Annual maintenance contract,this takes care of
View attachment 127075
Well I had Wagon R and when ever I gave it for service after first 2 or 3 free services, I have paid no less than Rs 12000 in Mumbai. Even lately (6 months ago) for a very basic service service I did in Hyderabad, I was charge around 8000 (incl 3000 for regzine matting in car)

Last edited:
@viru
yes there is nexus or MASS is fooling,either of this is happening in this case

Before this bill came off even i used to think people buy maruti because it has very less maintainance

@ vicky
so what are you getting from MASS in free service?
only washing?Is warranty just for name sake?

hows your experience with other MASS?do all work like this?

Top Bottom