Tata Motor’s Cars – The Ultimate Reliability Survey

How Much Satisfied You Are with Your Tata Car?

• Total voters
Re: Tata Motor’s Cars – The Ultimate Reliability Thread

Nice thread Raja.

1) car model and variant - Indica V2 Diesel (DLS)
2) date of purchase - 2004 April
3) Kms travelled - don't remember now (car is at native place)
4) build quality - Good
5) customer service experience - Good
6) a.s.s experience - Fairly good
7) warranty issues - None
8)Ccar has been VFM - Yes
9) Issues and niggles faced so far - Clutch plate changed in 2012
10) satisfaction levels (-/10)- 9/10

1) car model and variant - MANZA AQUA
2) date of purchase -2011 FEB
3) Kms travelled - 19000 Kms
4) build quality - Excellent
6) a.s.s experience - Good
7) warranty issues - None
8) Car has been vfm - Total VFM
9) issues and niggles faced so far - Digital clock went off (Solution - Entire DIS-Instrument panel replaced under warranty)
10) satisfaction levels (-/10)- 10/10

EDIT: I forgot to mention that out of those cars I have owned only Tata Indica 1999 was the car whose engine was rebuilt once. Rest all have been on stock engines.
That show's how well built TATA's Engine are, after all coming from trucking root's has it's own advantages.

Tata Vista VX
1) car model and variant -Tata Vista VX
2) date of purchase - 2012 March
3) Kms travelled - 10300
4) build quality - Very Good
6) a.s.s experience - Not that good
7) warranty issues - None so far
8)Car has been VFM - Yes (Very Much)
9) Issues and niggles faced so far - None so far
10) satisfaction levels (-/10)- 9/10

I believe Tata Motors have upped their game in the recent past. Their latest models are quite good. Build quality was poor in older models but they are improving steadily. Kudos to them for that. Tata cars are sort of delicate, I believe. If you respect the car and treat it well and don't make it do things which it was not meant to do, then it will serve you for years and will let you clock a very good reading on that ODO.

Their ASS remains an area they seriously need to work towards. But I guess, Tata is not to blaim directly, since the dealerships are the ones who ruins the image. Tata should have stricter conditions or perform some kind of checks frequently to see if the ASS delivered by the dealerships are good. Some places cheat the drivers on components or small small things which usually people never pay attention to. Most of the time its not possible for the driver to be their cars while its been serviced.

So, except for ASS, I am very much satisfied with my Tata Car.

Re: Tata Motor’s Cars – The Ultimate Reliability Survey

Nice thread Raja. I think I am one of the recent Tata owners. I admit, even I was one of the majority masses who blindly believe TATA cars to be problematic. But while buying, I gave weightage to the facts, VFM, and now I am a proud owner of a Tata car. Here's my experience:

1) Manza Elan Quadrajet
2) March 2012
3) 7000 +
4) Good. It seems good to me. Not qualified much to comment on this.
5) I consider customer service as buying experience. It was bad. They tried to sell a year old car to me. Finally I received my car built only 12 days back. Well it happens everywhere. Keep your eyes wide open.
6) Everytime I give for service, they give a minor scratch/ a damaged part here and there. But at the same time, its worth mentioning that once I point the fault, they repair/ replace without any questions. So my experience has been good so far. They listen to you.
7) No claims so far.
8) It has been total VFM car.
9) Noise from front suspension. Squeaks from dashboard. Headlight misaligned. All rectified.
10) satisfaction levels with customer service: 5/10
satisfaction levels with A.S.S. : 7/10
satisfaction levels with car: 10/10

1) car model and variant - Indica
2) date of purchase -2003 SEP
3) Kms travelled - 1,85,000 Kms (Its running fine even after 4,70,000 Kms. Rebore done onetime by the relative purchased from me. They invested only 28K rs for that. I think its not a big money. Its delivering 20km/ltr. I sold it for 1,85,000 Rs)
7) warranty issues - My car came with 1Lakh kms warranty. They replaced my shocks 2 times even without my knowledge. But i dont have any complaint that time for replacement.
8) Car has been vfm - Total VFM for sure.
9) issues and niggles faced so far - Nothing

1) car model and variant - Indigo Marina
2) date of purchase -2005 JAN
3) Kms travelled - 1,95,000 Kms (I sold it now to my relative thru tata assured. It given me 20km/ltr with full AC in highways)
7) warranty issues - My car came with 50K kms warranty. They replaced my shocks 1 time even without my knowledge at 49,500Kms as it was look weak.
8) Car has been vfm - Total VFM for sure.
9) issues and niggles faced so far - Nothing big. Rattling sound from back seat lock. The radiator fuse creating problm always on long travel. Its purely due to my after market wiring issues.

1) car model and variant - Aria Pleasure
2) date of purchase -2012 July
3) Kms travelled - 2,300 Kms
4) build quality - MARVELOUS
7) warranty issues - No.
8) Car has been vfm - Total VFM for its quality and comfort.
9) issues and niggles faced so far - Nothing by tata.

I'm continuously buying tata cars for its comfort, seating position, mileage, easy to maintain, simple look, safer than competition, better resale value atleast for me.

I always follow the service schedules. I'll replace the parts on-time referred in the manual. So my car treat me well [clap] and also i got very better resale value. Even the dealers was quote me more than what i got from my relative.

I can recommend tata cars to anybody whom willing to maintain the car as per service book.

Tata and dealership never forced me to take insurance from them. They never created accident claim issues due to my private insurance purchase. They never forced me to buy accessories from them. They providing basic accessories as mud flop, floor mat with the car without any extra charge. But competitors doing it to suck your money by the brand name.

I'm very much satisfied with their product. But we need to keep little bit caution to deal with the service advisers and executives.

I'm 100% ready to explain my experiences further, if anyone in need.

Last edited:

Please - members who dont own a tata vehicle are allowed to ask questions, clear doubts and other queries but must not write a testimony since they are not eligible to write one since they don't own 1.
The purpose of this thread is to create awareness, share information and get true factual experiences from tata car owners about owning one . Please refrain from making this thread a battle field by getting into brand wars .

[:)]
Although I dont own any TATA car, sorry to sneak in between the thread.
Going through the replies I found that most of people owing TATA cars have given satisfaction levels more than 8 and few have satisfaction levels as 10. This shows that TATA cars are not as bad as what other people out in India thinks. Just that people don't want to come out of mentality of buying Marutis.
As respecting to the rules of the thread owner, I was just a spectator of the thread learning how the TATA cars are behaving and it is quiet informative and excellent to know the real facts of TATA cars these days. Though even I do not own my self a TATA car, but I used it for considerable time an Indica V2 and have some mixed experiences with it and I do not want to mention them here which will again break the rule of the thread owner.

But, Dharmesh, your comment is little bit controversial according to this thread rules where you have mentioned about an other brand which some body like it most for various reasons !! This is forced me to enter into this thread.[:)] No hard feelings please !

Thread Starter #22
As respecting to the rules of the thread owner, I was just a spectator of the thread learning how the TATA cars are behaving and it is quiet informative and excellent to know the real facts of TATA cars these days. Though even I do not own my self a TATA car, but I used it for considerable time an Indica V2 and have some mixed experiences with it and I do not want to mention them here which will again break the rule of the thread owner.

But, Dharmesh, your comment is little bit controversial according to this thread rules where you have mentioned about an other brand which some body like it most for various reasons !! This is forced me to enter into this thread.[:)] No hard feelings please !
No dharmesh dint break any rules he just gave his opinion about the testimonials , in way he was like me believed tata cars are worst but seeing the testimonials here he just expressed his view.
You too can express your view no worries .The thread is not about saying sweet and cute things about tata but to find the truth good , great , bad, worst.
The reason I said let owners write a testimony because they are the ones who live with the car day in day out they are in perfect position to comment about pain ,pleasure, joy,agony whatever it is of owning a tata car . You can express your view as what tata motors must do you are free to do that .

Although I dont own any TATA car, sorry to sneak in between the thread.
Going through the replies I found that most of people owing TATA cars have given satisfaction levels more than 8 and few have satisfaction levels as 10. This shows that TATA cars are not as bad as what other people out in India thinks. Just that people don't want to come out of mentality of buying Marutis.
Dharmesh sure you an sneak, write, comment ask questions clear your doubts everything no worries is just that since we don't own one we can't write a testimony [:)]

But do you agree now that your perception about tata motors changed a bit then before ? Maybe you will not buy a tata car because your requirement ,needs ,priority are differnt but atleast you won't bad mouth the cars and the company and if some 1 does you will simply not belive because you know real experiences of tata car owners now .

Last edited by a moderator:

Everybody can ask questions and clear their doubts. Thread owner and all tata car owners will clear all doubts regarding the product. [clap]

This thread must not divert to brand comparison. Just to share and discuss the REAL OWNERS experience with tata vehicles.

No dharmesh dint break any rules he just gave his opinion about the testimonials , in way he was like me believed tata cars are worst but seeing the testimonials here he just expressed his view.
You too can express your view no worries .The thread is not about saying sweet and cute things about tata but to find the truth good , great , bad, worst.
The reason I said let owners write a testimony because they are the ones who live with the car day in day out they are in perfect position to comment about pain ,pleasure, joy,agony whatever it is of owning a tata car . You can express your view as what tata motors must do you are free to do that .
Just that people don't want to come out of mentality of buying Marutis.
Raja I agree to everything whatever you said and also agree with Dharmesh whatever he expressed about TATA, but I differ with him only on one sentence above, which I felt little offensive and hurts Maruti lovers like me and we never hate any other brand and appreciate all the good things about them. Here the word mentality of buying Marutis is little offensive according to me[:)] My intention is when you have started some thing about TATA to know its good and bad things !! yes any body who owned or driven can comment about TATA, but not comparing it with some other brand where this should be exclusive TATA car discussion. I am sorry if am bit exaggerated with the emotion on Maruti.

This is just my explanation only !! and I strictly do not want to debate on this and spoil this thread/fellow TAI TATA owners mood further
I wish both of you will agree with me now !![:D]

Last edited:

Just that people don't want to come out of mentality of buying Marutis.
Raja I agree to everything whatever you said and also agree with Dharmesh whatever he expressed about TATA, but I differ with him only on one sentence above, which I felt little offensive and hurts Maruti lovers like me and we never hate any other brand and appreciate all the good things about them. Here the word mentality of buying Marutis is little offensive according to me[:)] My intention is when you have started some thing about TATA to know its good and bad things !! yes any body who owned or driven can comment about TATA, but not comparing it with some other brand where this should be exclusive TATA car discussion. I am sorry if am bit exaggerated with the emotion on Maruti.

This is just my explanation only !! and I strictly do not want to debate on this and spoil this thread/fellow TAI TATA owners mood further
I wish both of you will agree with me now !![:D]
Every one has their own choices. Some peoples simply dont know which one is better. But simply they FOLLOWING maruti, as its only THE BETTER. This thread will prove as tata cars also better.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, if my comment was offensive, when I used Maruti it was for just an example. I myself booked Swift ZDi last year and then cancelled the same due to long waiting periods. So no offence to people who buy or owns other brands. This was just a example. What I wanted to comment was people who buys TATA cars does not suffer as much as we think. Although they all are happy with the car. But lets not drag the thread to other debate. Leave it for TATA owners. [:D]

Sorry gurrala74 dint meant to heart your sentiments. [cry]

A fantastic thread Raja !!! Am sorry for barging into this thread as I don't own any Tata vehicles. But This thread should serve as an eye opener for many of us who don't own a Tata product and will indeed garner some +ve points for Tata vehicles in general.
Kudos to you.
thread rated 5 star !!!

350Z

Core Team
Great topic indeed. It’s awesome to see the poll tilting towards ‘Highly Satisfied’. I wonder if the opinions would differ if it were specific to After Sales and Service? :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #29

Great topic indeed. It’s awesome to see the poll tilting towards ‘Highly Satisfied’. I wonder if the opinions would differ if it were specific to After Sales and Service? :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
I have mentioned a clause were owners have to write about the a.s.s too.

I have a specific question for any India V2 owner !!

When I was using a Indica V2 during the year 2006, I do not know its model I am sorry.
But it was some 6 month old by that time and clocked around 10000km.

Initially everything was really good and I made some long trips to Pune, Mumbai, Vizag, Bangalore alone and it never let me down in anything[:)]

I think after I finish another 20000km on that, I used to get some problem like while car was in good speed it engine used to go off whenever I used to bring it to neutral !! I thought it is something to do with some kind of engine idling issue or something else. After so many times like this, I visited almost some 10 TASS people, everywhere they checked and did something and told me, everything was good and again the problem used to be the same, later on I started using Ford Icon and the guy who was using the car in my office used to complain about the same.
Do any body got encountered such problem and what exactly it is which was unusual to me and TATA people did not fix it !!

Top Bottom