TATA Manza Quadrajet - Aqua

Re: anti roll bar bush - couldnt not be changed! - shock , Rude responce by manakular

ilango[speed thirst];150145 said:
The shocking thing is , when tata spoke man says about the anti roll bar bush in all channels and forums , he should say to dealers too.
i was in rude shock when the "MANAKULAR MOTORS" - pondicherry said , they could not replace them since there is no such order from tata.

are manza owners taken for ride - i hope issues started in owning the tata car ?[frustration]
Same thing for me also. But not shock as this was expected. Ileft my manza for 6 month 2nd free service. I enquired about it to the SA. HE told that they did not get any order from TATA. What he said was that TATA will send circular to the dealers based on the car,s Chassis number sold by them. I donot whetehr this is true or he is bluffing something.

This anti roll bar bushes are mostly being changed on 2010 & older model manza Mine is 2011 feb make & I am told that mine is already fitted with the revised version of bushes.

Thread Starter #169
The announcement was made somewhere in april 2 2012 i hope.

it was said all manza sold so far is need of replacement.
and also said , its not a recall and will be changed as in when ever the car comes for service.

So when i was in service and asked for it , they said they are not aware.

i did complain in online .

in evening they said a lengthy procedure and keep repeating they are for servicing peoples car and will do so only on tata's order.

so tata must advice dealers before letting out to public or dealers here playing game?

No idea , in evening , they got special letter saying "i am completely satisfied with the job " and we did sign and took the car.

The ac air filter was cleaned and was charged 200/-
washing 380/- worst , even i wash better in home.

combination switch replaced - warranty free.

Thread Starter #171
Re: Tata Manza Owner Comes In - Ilango Jupiter

After surviving minor hic- cups , which i was accepting with some visit to tata service for replacements. now comes a major break down and the part cost 18000/- and the car is 2.7 years old.. means 7 months out of warranty!

check out the thread for more details.
i need some help for escalation

Last edited by a moderator:

ilango[speed thirst];290011 said:
After surviving minor hic- cups , which i was accepting with some visit to tata service for replacements. now comes a major break down and the part cost 18000/- and the car is 2.7 years old.. means 7 months out of warranty!

check out the thread for more details.
i need some help for escalation
omg.. so sad to hear this... cud u pls share what problem is it ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #173
after the following replacements 1. power window motor 2 . power window switch.. 3doors locks. wiper blades .... 4dicky lock.... 5. steering knuckle replacement 6. ball joints replacements 7. ac blower filter replacement ( god know what they really did).... all in warranty period.

means in warranty period of 2 years , i was at tata for 3 months for the above replacements..

Ok now to main story.. cut shot
the alternator failed..
odo reading just 22500kms approx.

not covered in warranty since we crossed 7 months... car is 2.8 years. 8 months lapse of warranty..

tata motors critisise us for not going for extnd wty.

MAN ITS ALTERNATOR!!! it should last almost a LAC kms..

I have mailed in tata website , i got a contact of Mr. savio , tata incharge of southern region. he says nothing to the service center... so they are quite.. and speaking to savio is useless.

now the story..

on a drive , the battery light glow and horn / blower went down.. started fine till that morning no symptoms
almost near to service station.. so we went there directly.... switched off the car.. it doesnt start..
on inspection .. no battery acid water.. so they kept 2 days happily for recharging the batteries without analysing the cause.

any over charging battery will discharge quickly.. known to all tech people!!!!!!! tata trained buffaloes dont know this!
on the same day.. after getting the delivary.. the batt indicator glowed in 2 min..

now they have found it is the problem with alternator and it is not servisable.

tata used tvs alternator is previous tata car that we owned and we could service them..

this time we need to shell out 18k..
tata service ppl offered a 5 k discount in this.

whom should i esclate further to get this sorted out in FOC.. i am not gonna pay for this product defect.

An idea of owning a sumo gold which was in some corner of my brain is gonna be erased!!

srry for my typing... its sme what quick @ office

Last edited:

Oh !! major break down of 18000/- oh God, anyway will discuss this in your ownership thread.

I am little confused with this thread as this is about Ilango's car purchase and it is posted by Vibhor [confused]

Thread Starter #175

check out the owner ship thread.. the link is in first post by vibhor..

this thread is started by Vibhor. This is started monthly for new car purchaser.
In this case its is paid by my uncle , registered is a sister's name. 30% driven by me. 30% driven by uncle. rest 40 % resting at home!!

SInce i own a sierra , i drive manza when we travel together.

It would be difficult to get the part FOC, period, since the car is OOW.

You may get better discounts, or double check if alternator is repairable.

Check with other dealers, Tata authorized spare stores about the price of new one.

Thread Starter #177
i am asking tata abt quality. ????

is tata new car quality is just less than 3years 22500kms????
now i realise tata car is full of useless product. they can sell well in china.

never again a tata. my sierra was build in a passionate dayss .. its just money for tata now a days.. never a tata...

the sumo gold is never gonna come to our home..

NOT EVEN FOR A TEST DRIVE

Last edited:
It would be difficult to get the part FOC, period, since the car is OOW. ]
If the short forms are commonly used or acceptable , then post them here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...tions-acronyms-short-forms-mnemonics-tai.html

@ilango , sad to read the embroil created by TATAS .Their enemy no 1 is TASS and no.2 are themselves.
Alternator is electric part and possibility of going kaput can't be ruled out.Now the situation is bleak but try another TASS if possible.
Tomorrow, I will talk with TATA owned TATA operated TASS in Pune on this issue and let you know if any solution on this issue.

BTW, for your manza servicing schedule is every 10kkm or 15kkm ?
And when was the last routine servicing was carried out?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #179
Tatamotos customer support person never supported.
Only on his instruction , the TASS could help us.

Frustrated , my uncle said he pay a 12k for the new alternator against 18k asked by TASS with 4K offer on good will.

he just wants the car out and did not like to beg TATA .

And this is the LAST tata car.
Never again we will buy a tata car.

the service interval is 10k.. but we never covered the kms.

Bosch alternator price in Pune inclusive of taxes is Rs 14060
And that of Lucas is Rs 12000.

Long time interval for servicing can lead to death or drying of the battery and alternator can suffer theirby.

@uncle , no need to beg , go with the facts about prices and expose them.

Last edited:

Top Bottom