TATA Manza Quadrajet - Aqua

Huh they once charged Rs.500 as diesel bill for our Safari! From next time i have to be careful but in my case the vehicle was not under warranty and 4 years old and so i din argue about that.

And that is TATA'S A.S.S , they will make me wait atleast 30 mins for delivery. But i wont complain they have so many cars to service and deliver , i wish they expand their place and appoint more people to reduce the time.

Lets hope the problem does not re-surface again!

Thread Starter #152
180 km of trial runs? For testing and rectifying a problem that surfaces only when reversing and parking? These guys are really gross.
Exactly our questions . we just didnt want to make a big fuss about the trials and our diesel they used , but once seeing the bill for diesel we got furious!

Dhaya , be it in warrenty or not , they used our thing .

Its our right to ask , and they must give a satisfactory answer

Right got it , will ask from next time!

But in my case we always give our cars for service with very little fuel left , they charged Rs.500 towards diesel citing testing reasons.

Thread Starter #155
a drive in manza to bangalore and mysore.

gave a FE of 15.7kmpl will full load in car and some speed driving.

was accompanied by a figo tdci.
it gave a same FE. in hosur our manza drank 21.5 lit of diesel and figo drank a 21kmpl.
both were filled in pondicherry at same station.

Figo was driven damn gentle , in many times i lost its trail in my rear view mirror.

Reason figo is a new car. its odo reading was just 800kms when we started the tour.

Note the gear knob paint peeling off.

compared to figo interior , the manza interior looked so cheap and plasticky.
The only let down of the car is the interior finish. [frustration]

Attachments

Hmmm 15kmpl is a bit low because roads are in a very nice condition throughout but i think its low because of your spirited driving , under normal driving it should have given 17-18kmpl atleast. Awesome capture of the headlamp at night , really looks killer!

Thread Starter #159
Not that much harsh driving.

roads till vandavasi was bad after thindivanam.
also traffic.
so break and drive.

from vandavasi it was four lane.
so in four lane the car was flying in 120kmph as standard.
the average in four lane must be 90 to 100kmph.

Thread Starter #160
Update time.

3rd free service and car birthday and hmmm insurance all in one day!! hehe

paid the insurance a week before.

it was 10300/- @ new india insurance.

also got the copy of 2nd free service bill , last time they hold it due to the diesel problem that i have mentioned in previous post.

will type in the detail very soon , though i was free and started typing this post , but got a urgent work

Thread Starter #162
This car had to be petrol!! its running is less. But so far no issues.

this is used by uncle and i drive it only when a tour kind of is planned.

What i liked much is rear seat. didnt expect this much space and comfort and everytime i am in drivers seat , it was kind of surprise for me.

last service details[3rd free service]
1. Oil , 1022.22 per lit and total was 3271/-
2.oil filter 376/-
They have charged 15rs for locking wire , 9 rs for 10gm wheel weight and 15gm for 6rs

I asked them to change the wiper blade since it was a year and they replaced in warranty. strange!

and other details in bill as foc

monsoon check up camp

head lamp need to be adjusted- no device with them

accelator cable adjusted - god only knows where is accelator pedal in manza - there is one potentiometer that is all

washing and vaccuming and wiper blade replaced.

This is all about 3rd service

the combination switch need to be replaced , since when turning on the indicatiors , the whole of parking lights , interior cluster lights goes blank for a sec. and is mentioned in service bill - need to be placed , out of stock.

the Bill on the whole was 4122/-

Thread Starter #163
And about the issue that i mentioned long back , that i get a thud kind of sound on full steering turn.
they had car for some 4 full days.
they did some 200 kms odd trial runs when the issue croped up only on first move of a stationary car.

Now the bill as such

1. ang.contact brg [hub end] - warranty - 1117.92/-
2.ang.contact brg [hub end] - warranty - 1117.92/- yes repeated. may be 2 parts

3.steering knuckle - warranty - 1373.58/-
4.steering knuckle - warranty - 1373.58/- - again repeated

5.assy window winding switch co dr warranty 433/- [no issues why they changed ?]

6.second free service - 0/-
front wheel alignment - paid - 240/-

and replacing above said items at warranty.

Total bill was 264 , as 10% on service tax and 3% on education cess

Thread Starter #164
anti roll bar bush - couldnt not be changed! - shock , Rude responce by manakular

left manza at service for unscheduled one.

the ac was struggling hard to keep us cool. like there was feeble air in blower and only the vent was kind of chilling.

also the previous combination switch was not changed and the head lights are still not adjusted.

for ac they said the ac air filter needs replacement cost 230/- kind of.

rest 2 is under warrenty.

car could be got at evening.

The shocking thing is , when tata spoke man says about the anti roll bar bush in all channels and forums , he should say to dealers too.
i was in rude shock when the "MANAKULAR MOTORS" - pondicherry said , they could not replace them since there is no such order from tata.

are manza owners taken for ride - i hope issues started in owning the tata car ?[frustration]

Top Bottom