Tata Manza QJD 80,000 Kms Ownership Review (Finally, Clutch Issue Resolved)

Re: Tata Manza QJD 70,000 Kms Ownership Review (Tata Struggles To Solve Clutch Issue)

Difference in the performance of the car after the work is complete. -
1)Timing chain replacement - the engine firing noise became smooth, also the FE seems to be improved, yet to confirm by tankful to tankful method.
Clutch also feels softer since then, don't know if there is any relationship with timing of the car.
Need your suggestion
My car was due for service at 120,000kms
since there is only one Tass now left in my area (Noida) whom I am not so fond of I took the car to carnation where last 2 services were done.
Along with this service I got the clutch assembly changed (last service It was recommended)
Timing belt changed (last service It was recommended)

Got 4 new Tyres Michelin XM-2 from BK tyres Delhi
both Master & slave clutch cylinders changed just few days before as one of them was broken & oil leaked & I got stranded on highway, the car had to be towed to a TASS in delhi (Tuli motors)

After the regular service job plus the above mentioned parts changed, suddenly my mileage is reduced.
Earlier I used to get with AC 19-20kmpl
after service & major parts change its reduced to 15-16kmpl

What could be the probable reason for lower mileage in spite of new tyres, new clutch new timing belt?
I am taking the car back to carnation tomorrow, hence need pointer what they should be doing to fine tune the mileage.

As of now what they have done is changed the oil, earlier they used Mobil1 5W-40 from bulk drum this time they used a sealed 3.5lt Mobil super 3000 5W-40, the last 2 days average has improved but I had a discussion with Wurth product manager & discussed Engine flush and cleaner which I had used during oil change this time, he said that we do not recommend Engine flush after 80000kms as the engine can degrade due to what the flushing will do to the metal wall.
I had done engine flush at 40K/ 80K / now on 121K, I was not aware of this but this engine flush could be the reason for low mileage in spite of new clutch, new timing belt & new tyre.
The Service engineer says that before removing the timing belt its stopped with spanner at 0 degrees to ensure that the gear teeth dont move & then the belt is changed.

Now to test the wurth engine flush theory I am now driving in 1 gear less, so if I drive in 4th at 90km its giving me higher average, if I shift to 5th at 90km then mileage drops, so it seems that the flushing has made gaps inside the engine & the piston now needs more power to give same output which is not happening (I hope this makes sense)

Thread Starter #352
Oh... It seems you are right Now I remember, I too had experienced mileage drop after using wurth or some other product which was added in the existing engine oil.

Top Bottom