Tata Manza QJD 80,000 Kms Ownership Review (Finally, Clutch Issue Resolved)

Thread Starter #31
Re: 9 Months Old Tata Manza – 3,000 Kms Ownership Review

Please, decode the tyre manufacturing date , it's on the tyre side wall. It's must be more than 1 year.
Rubber of the tyres manufactured >6 months back especially if the car was parked under sun, for 1 year, is bound to harden alot, leading to
1) bumpy ride, especially on the undulated repaired pot holes . This reducd ride comfort is due to reduced flexibility of rubber.
2) cuts on sidewall while passing through pot holes,
Both problems demand tyrechange ( Rs 40 k/set) nullification of discount.

What about 'special maintenance\ service PRESCRIBED BY TML ' to be carried out for vehicle stored for >6 months/long storage.
If the dealer is not copertive, then contact TML ,urgently.

TML has issued notice in my owners manual ( page169) that if the'Long storage special maintenance/service as prescibed by TML' is not carried out, can seriously damage the car.

General manager of TASS has told me that it constitutes following things
1] change all rubber all plastic, housings as hard rubber/plastic leads to leakages in monsoon.
2 ] change tyres for reasons mentioned above
3] engine foundation rubber s,
4] all types of oils.
My concern is that you should not get lemon amongst many arias stored for > 6 months, in lieu of socalled heavy discount.and not to frighten you.
After all its a question of 10 lakh.

Thanks a lot again,

I dont know how to check the tyre dates please tell me how to check.

All fluids are checked and a proper PDI is done by the trained ARIA mechanic.

The same is confirmed by TML also (as i have lodged my complaint/query on their site).

Wipers are also working fine, all rubbers parts are checked personally, fluids are also checked personally too.

So i guess if the vehicle turn out to be lemon than its my baddest luck....

Rest is fine as iam also taking maintainence package and extended warranty to cover all the issues if arises in future...

Thread Starter #33

1] to4 ] points mentioned by me in my last post are prescribed by TML. Those rubber plastics hose and joints might be in good shape now, but their life span gets reduced, so you might need to change them earlier as compared to newly manufacture d cars.

If the 'additional' discount amount justifies the forseen' early' plastic /rubber{ read tyres } replace ments then only your deal is o k.
Please get the user manual xerox copy. it will tell you 'Pdi 'and 'special service/ Maintainance for long storage car' are different things.

Tyre manufacture code is ' itched ' on the side wall of the tyre , while all other info is embossend on the remaining sidewall. Notedown the' itched' code .It has frist few letters such as CHO, last four digits are number such as 3410.
These last four digits indicate the manufacture date.
Initial' two 'digits of the total four digits, indicate week of manufacture.
In case of 3410 , initial two digits are 34, so the tyre is manufactured in 34 th week.

The last two digits indicate year of manufacture.
In case of 3410 , last two digits are' 10' so the tyre is manufactured in year 2010.
In summary code 3410 , means 34 th week of 2010.

Iam stressing too much on tyres because it is going to be used as suv on rough terrian.
Best luck.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34

@ tornado 78, please note ,extended warranty and maintenance packages does not cover plastic and rubber, tyres

BTW , I have already taken delivery of manza in december 2011.

Right, Tornado. Now that you have driven the car for 3000Kms, can you tell us more about your driving experience and post some photos?

Thread Starter #36

Yes, @highway Ranger, I am using my mobile to post here, its very difficult to post the pics.
pics. also, tornado 78 needs some info. Its our duty to help him,
My schedule is unpredictable, will post ASAP,
Please inform me, if my posts are too much exhaust ive[sleep] , I will try to be precise.

Being exhaustive is also good. pls carry on in your own style as this is your thread. 3000 kms in one month itself. you covered good. Mine i have driven only 2600 km for 4 months.

Thread Starter #38

Ownership thread continued...

I said , let me think, salesmam called up again & said ,tata has agreed for 5k additional discount, and has asked dealer to contribute 5 k, more.
I said ,will think,
I was expecting 10 k more, but my father whose wagonr I was using, said now take the delivery, he needs wagonr.

A CLASS APART DELIVERY...

I said ok, On thursday morning,salesmam said that he wants holiday on sunday. Sat. was saturn nomoon, so coming monday (26 december 11 am) was finalised as delivery date.

On monday, when I was on my way to showroom, salesmam called up and said delivery is arrange d at workshop, he will call as soon as the car is ready,
registration being done 3 days back.
I had insisted on registration.to avoid insurance problems, it also brings RTO in to the legal scenario, later on, if problems like left 'pull' occurs at the time of delivery.

Rto is supposed to take a TD (Amitabh's Bentley issue) as a [rules]

We were called again at 1:30 pm, After waiting 2 more hrs, he came and said the staff is unable to clean the car exterior,
I went there. To my horror ,Isaw, the boys were creating swirl marks with dirty cloath, in an attempt to clean some pity stains on bonnet. I stopped them.
I found that mud was not cleared from creases , under bonnet was dusty.
I call ed up GM showroom, then under bonnet was washed,
There were hard water stains all over glasses. [frustration]
I myself started cleaning the car with 'colin 'and cloth [own] soon salesmam joined me

Later , salesmam asked for signatures on delivery docs.he had left the insurance, registration docs at showroom, I refused to sign without checking them,
Nothing could be done for an hr. Meanwhile I went ahead with Pdi check as per downloaded list.
To my surprise,loose plastics noted in PRI were not replaced, small patch of colourloss was not painted since thursday!.
Salesman promised written binding s on dealer. and said that we need to go to showroom to get docs in this car only.
I drove the manza to showroom, I checked all docs , they were ok as per list,
I did not signed the' satisfaction' part of documents.

Salesmam distributed sweets bought by him, my son did the same.
My son handed over the gift to the salesmam.
It was 7: 30 pm by now, all had left , all lights off, salesmam garlanded the car,
appolised me for not having lemon,with him, I thanked him for the same in anticipation.
my son had them, he put them under tyres, puja performed in the dark, handed over Rs 100 to watchman for allowing the same in the darkness.
My accompanied doctor friend had left alone , in the evening it self,
My son & me took off in the car at 8 pm. leaving behind the crushed lemons

To be contd...

Thread Starter #39

FRIST DRIVE REPORT-
Car moved smoothly, silently,
Gear shift was ok,
Headlights were just adequate.
DIS was showing ' instant F E, avg 7 km/lit, so, fueled up the car,
took halt at friend's home, his family was exited, they loved the car. I felt nice for the frist time in the day.
Then we left for home, on state highway, drive was smooth, car glided nicely on the undulations smoothly. DIS -9 km/lit.
Parked the car , after puja, at 10 pm,we had our frist meal of the day, as my son was not ready to leave the car alone @ dealer's premises even for lunch time.

Next day, I took the car to local tyre puncture shop to check the air pressure, as TASS
known for poor practices. , found that tyres were under inflated, hence corrected.

Took the car to accessories shop at nibm, as I was researching since last month, It was easy to shop,
Following things were done
1) xenos reverse rear view camera with dashboard mounted Lcd screen,
2) blaupunkt rto comlaint sunfilms
3) rubber mats with raised edges
4) mud flaps
5) digital air inflater,
6) tube less puncture repair kit.
7) car vaccum cleaner.
8) roof mounted dvd player cum video game player with lcd screen.

While coming back , test ed fog lamps, are average quality.
No , :smile:abnormal noise or vibrations noted. DIS - 11 km/lit,
To be continued...

Thread Starter #40

...contd
While coming back, I felt that the ride is hard, i.e. small and medium undulations on the
Road were felt inside , the road was same ( yesterday ) In realised, that it was the corrected, air pressure was the culprit.
I was driving in a sedate manner, as I had to follow the' running in' instructions given on the sticker on the windscreen.
i.e. not to exceed 80 km/hr. for 1000 km.

At home, I went through the owners manual, came to know that Running in period is
1500 to 1800 km, and not 1000 km!, thanked god for saving my car

Next day, I inflated all tyres with nitrogen,(Rs 200 ) it came with 6 months free top ups.
Kept 30 psi instead of tata recommended 32.

Result, super smooth ride.

I could not go for long drive to Goa as per the plan.

The remote central locking works nicely, but it is not eqipped with volumetric support,
Next day when, I was travelling at 2pm that AC is taking time to cool the cabin,
so went to accessories shop, got the following things done,
1) volumetric support, reverse horn,
2) front sunfilm
3) genuine leather steering wheel cover.
4) chrome inserts in rubrails
5) power steering knob
6) ' elegance' suede top and art leather side wall seat covers.

Result,
1) instant cooling of cabin
2) audible alarm if children press the remote button, and open the car inadvertently.
3) leather st. wheel cover , feels warm in winter
4) rest improved looks.

While driving I was comparing the car with my old Indigo LS ,

To be continued...

Congrats tornado

yes sunfilm is very important to keep your fuel bill low and comfort level high.
Howz your xenos camera. reliance autozone in gurgaon declined the performance of xenos.

One thing just keep tyre pressure to 32 as that is prescribed by tml and in that way shock absorber and fuel bills remain intact.

I know upgrading from indigo to manza is a big leap.

As i have also driven the indigo for more than 1.2 lac kms.

All the best for the new possesion and have a safe and succesful ride in future.

Amc does covers all the parts and consumable items. rubber and other plastic parts.

Thread Starter #42

Driving experience of manza vs old indigo

Pick up- obviously 30% better than old one

Engine noise- the notorious belt noise of indigo has gone[clap]

Front seat comfort - I found that forehead room is bit reduced in manza, leading to
obstruction of movement of routine 1 L mineral water bottle, while drinking, for a person who is 180 cm tall. Cup holder size is also small.

Front seat Size, i.e. thickness of seat, width of seat , underthigh support is less in manza as compared to old indigo.
Rear seat comfort is way ahead in manza almost like m. benz.

Manza overtakes the trucks , and climbs the ghat section- no need to swithoff the AC. it's a truly a class apart experience.[clap]

the exterior metal of manza is a bit thinner than old indigo.

RHS drivers elbow rest is a bit low placed in manza as compared to indigo for my height, so I was little uncomfortable after half an hour drive. But they have provided the Aura with steering wheel adjust ments. So I keep it high for ultrashort drives as it makes
ingress egress easier, and low whenever I need elbow rest. [:D]

to be cont....

Thread Starter #43

Congrats tornado

yes sunfilm is very important to keep your fuel bill low and comfort level high.
Howz your xenos camera. reliance autozone in gurgaon declined the performance of xenos.

One thing just keep tyre pressure to 32 as that is prescribed by tml and in that way shock absorber and fuel bills remain intact.

I know upgrading from indigo to manza is a big leap.
Please ask reliance men to explain their view about xenos.

I am satisfied about xenos rsolution, as you reach near the object , magnification improves incredibly for eg. As it reaches closer and closer, if there is wall behind , it can show you wheather the wall has cement paint or luster paint & its details. I mean to say that you come to know , when to stop reversing. But when the camera reach closer to the object, image starts to become convex, i.e. person with flat belly looks obese. Still,overall satisfactory.And it has dash mounted screen,[ irvm mounted screens spoils the day-night feature of irvm.]

Iam also thinking of fitting front parking sensors to prevent scratches on bumper while
taking 'close shave' type turns.

On air pressure and fuel bills I :agree:
with you, but with 32 psi, ride quality is getting hampered due to [anger]severely undulated & poorly banked stretch of 50 km of my daily drive.

Indigo vs manza comparison is going on ...

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44

Ownership thread contd...

There is a certain blind spot near the lower end of then A pillar, in manza. It is not there in old indigo, because it is provided with a seperate small glass there,

I also missed sturdy net pockets provied in the boot.

The quality of manza day -night irvm is 2 notches bellow the old indigo.[surprise]

AC vents can be compleyely closed in manza, so no dust enters in side them.

Manza has rear mobile charger point provided on rear parsel tray.

All these things have made this car , a rear comfy car, as compared to old indigo, at the cost of front comfort.[very small cost], but it makes my better half happy,that is enough for me to be satisfied with manza.

I also compared it with dezire , fiesta verito,
Coming back soon...

Driving experience of manza vs old indigo

Pick up- obviously 30% better than old one

Engine noise- the notorious belt noise of indigo has gone[clap]
I see this in my AURA when cold in idling. But after running long distance and whne warm I dodnot noytice this. The emcahnic in TASS told this is normal diesel behaviour. Is that so. I m new to diesel cars. Can you pls clarify.

RHS drivers elbow rest is a bit low placed in manza as compared to indigo for my height, so I was little uncomfortable after half an hour drive. But they have provided the Aura with steering wheel adjust ments.
Do you mean Driver arm rest and steering height adjustments. Is yours Aura ABS model. There is nor Driver arm/elbow rest and no Steering wheel height adjustments in my AURA June 2011 manufactured . When I purchased in month of September teh TATA Manza website showed these features as available. But in stockyard vehicles all were different. The SE told that features given in website would be for future manufactured vehicles. Mine was June 2011 so it did not have. If yours was AURA and March 2011 manufactured, how come yours ahve those features. Does the cars manufactured in differect plants have different procedures. I was thinking that all weremanufactred in Pune plant.

Top Bottom