Tata Manza QJD 80,000 Kms Ownership Review (Finally, Clutch Issue Resolved)

re: 9 Months Old Tata Manza – 3,000 Kms Ownership Review

Why is the BS3 variant offered for a lower price compared to the BS4 variant? Because it's a 9 month old car?

Thread Starter #17
Re: Nine months back manufactured manza delivered, 3 k km ownership review

They have given huge discount because of the 1 9 months old manufactured car. I think . Also in the PDI you found out that there were many problems.
No, its 9 months only. It was manufactured in march 2011 & delivered in december 2011, (same year), and today is feb 2012.
BTW It was PRI, not PDI, PDI is yet to be described.
PRI allows customer to refuse the car with ease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #18
Re: Got 9 Months Old Tata Manza – 3,000 Kms Ownership Review

Why did you accept for the BS3 model , to save some cash?

Did you report the issues you found during PDI to the dealer? What did they say?
Why is the BS3 variant offered for a lower price compared to the BS4 variant? Because it's a 9 month old car?
Thanks for the intrest showed

No, not to save some cash, but to save myself from continous eyewash by pollution norms authority of India, [frustration]details in next post.

It was PRI, I reported the PRI issues to GM of showroom. Part of the details are mentioned in my second post, remaining will be posted in upcoming post.

Bs3 varient is cheaper by Rs 33,000 than Bs4 varient by default, as per tata price list irrespective of version, varient, model, segment, manufacturing date.

Reason for price difference is that Rs 33 k is the cost of catalytic converter [frustration]located in the exaust systems of bs4 cars , elaborated in upcoming the post.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

Dilemma- TO ACCEPT THE CAR MANUFACTURED >6 MONTHS BACK OR NOT continued.

Bs3 Vs BS4 battle fought on google umpired by me-

Following facts were found
# bs3 = euro3 , bs4 = euro4
# bs4 means a ' catalytic converter' is a mandatory adition to the exhaust system .

It is located little away from engine beneath the front seat.
It can be removed easily by thieves , same car can run without catalytic converter
but suffers from incresed noise and powerloss unless ECM is retuned by an expert, however, it is illegal to do so, both the theft and the car use. Cops are often (read always)unable to detect both the things, unless you report to them.

# catalytic converters are costly (Rs 33 k to Rs 60 k , in this segment of car) because it contains precious metals like platinum & gold (~ gold prices trend in last 2 years) hence prone for theft.

Gold and platinum accelerate the process of splitting the toxic gas in to relatively harmless gas .

Bs4 norms are compulsory in 13 or 16 large cities of India only for the purpose of RTO
Registration, Bs3 registration is allowed in the rest of India.However Bs3 & bs4 cars can run anywhere in India.

# bs4 cars require special bs4 compliant Bs4 diesel( containing low sulfer i.e.50ppm) , while Bs3 cars can run on high sulfer (500 ppm) containing bs3 complaint or bs4 comlaint diesel.

# bs4 complaint diesel is made available in those 16 cities only . Rest of India receives Bs3 diesel only. [frustration]

# reasons for not making Bs4 pollution norms mandatory all over India is that govt. feels that increase in the cost of vehicles will slowdown the auto industry.

# using bs3 diesel in bs4 diesel car can damage the precious metals of catalytic converter , but to a lesser extent, at the cost of owner.

# It is neither covered under insurance nor under warranty IMO.

BTW few of my friends found that their Jan/feb registered cars are manufactured in nov/december .
To be continued...

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent writeup buddy, How about posting some teaser pics of your ride buddy?

Re: Nine months back manufactured manza delivered, 3 k km ownership review

No, its 9 months only. It was manufactured in march 2011 & delivered in december 2011, (same year), and today is feb 2012.
BTW It was PRI, not PDI, PDI is yet to be described.
PRI allows customer to refuse the car with ease.
I also meant 9 months. It was mistake i typed extra 1 before. You have got a good offer in terms of discount. When I purchased in September the OTR price in TN, for AURA QJD BS4 was 7.35L after discounts.

COngrats TORNADO

SO another Tornado is buying a TATA car and that is from an old lot.
Same here buddy, just check the followings:
1.) Engine oil quality and quantity
2.) Battery (as u'll be issued a new one) check
3.) Tyres
4.) All the rubber parts
5.) Power windows
6.) Engine Sound
7.) Look at the underbody of the vehicle and paint job
8.) If possible try to have a test drive

See i have gone for a TATA ARIA Pleasure 4x4 Jan 2011 manufactured and (BS4) and get a huge discount and i also chekced all the items mentioned above.

TASS will change the engine oil at 5k interval. SO if possible try to get the mainataince package along with the purchase.

All the best and keep driving....

You got nice discounts man , congrats. Which is the dealer ? Pandit ?

Tornado, Congrats for your new Manza.
Manza is real time Value For Money product by TATA.
You have purchased the BS3 variant with huge cash discount I really appreciate your decision and thought process behind it.[thumbsup]

Whr r the pictures !

@Moderators,
Title’’Got 9 Months Old Tata Manza – 3,000 Kms Ownership Review ''
Is misleading could you please change it to like Purchased March 11 manufactured Maza or something like that.

Thread Starter #25
Re: 9 Months Old Tata Manza – 3,000 Kms Ownership Review

You got nice discounts man , congrats. Which is the dealer ? Pandit ?
Dealership - National Auto Wheels [ NAW ] ,

showroom address- magar patta city, near noble hospital, Hadpsar, pune.
G M showroom- Mr. Avinash
Salesman- Mr. Yogesh.
Workshop & stockyard address- Uruli devachi village, saswad road.

Inspite of poor reports about Pandit auto,I had gone there, the other day with prior appointment , for TD . He gave me less than 1 km TD, of Qjd read t urbo charged car [frustration],in the narrow lanes of Hirabaug.

After that a new customer came in the showroom, salesman exclaimed, looking at him, oh , no!!:eek:
I thought that it's not Pandit Auto, it's Pathetic Auto. And left the place, to never look back.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26

Excellent writeup buddy, How about posting some teaser pics of your ride buddy?
COngrats TORNADO

SO another Tornado is buying a TATA car and that is from an old lot.
Same here buddy, just check the followings:
1.) Engine oil quality and quantity
2.) Battery (as u'll be issued a new one) check
3.) Tyres
4.) All the rubber parts
5.) Power windows
6.) Engine Sound
7.) Look at the underbody of the vehicle and paint job
8.) If possible try to have a test drive

See i have gone for a TATA ARIA Pleasure 4x4 Jan 2011 manufactured and (BS4) and get a huge discount and i also chekced all the items mentioned above.

TASS will change the engine oil at 5k interval. SO if possible try to get the mainataince package along with the purchase.

All the best and keep driving....
Tornado, Congrats for your new Manza.
Manza is real time Value For Money product by TATA.
You have purchased the BS3 variant with huge cash discount I really appreciate your decision and thought process behind it.[thumbsup]

Whr r the pictures !

@Moderators,
Title’’Got 9 Months Old Tata Manza – 3,000 Kms Ownership Review ''
Is misleading could you please change it to like Purchased March 11 manufactured Maza or something like that.
Thank you very much , dudes
@ akash, thanks again for formatting my post. I am still learning to post, pics are coming soon,
@ tornado 78, I request you to write the buying experience of jan 11 manufactured Aria, 5 k km oil change is for tata engine, not for qjd.
PDI Report is coming soon.

@ powerpack, lot of pics as early as possible, thanks for appreciating thoughts.

Thank you very much , dudes
@ akash, thanks again for formatting my post. I am still learning to post, pics are coming soon,
@ tornado 78, I request you to write the buying experience of jan 11 manufactured Aria, 5 k km oil change is for tata engine, not for qjd.
PDI Report is coming soon.

@ powerpack, lot of pics as early as possible, thanks for appreciating thoughts.

Hi Tornado,

Will sure start an ownership thread in coming weekend,
And regarding Oil Change at 5K service will be precautionary as engine oil is duly filled by TML in Jan 2011 so it will be around 1.5 year when my 5K service will come, hence Dealer has promised me that it will change the engine oil at 5K. Although prescribed oil change interval for aria is also 15k.

Yet to get the delivery of my vehicle due to not been able to registered but will take delivery on friday or sunday morning.

Note: If you are not satisfied with the interior cleaning than ask the delaer to do a dry cleaning prior to delivery. As the same is being asked by me....

Thread Starter #28

Bs4 vs bs3 battle continued,

Reason for not introducing Bs4 diesel all over india- BS 4 diesel is costlier by few paisas
than Bs3 diesel. The oil companies are already facing heavy losses due to subsidy on diesel approx.Rs 15/lit

General Motors India [chevy] website FAQ page clearly mentioned that Bs3 & bs4 are equal as far as power ,torque, FE, is concerned.

Result of the battle - Bs3 won vs Bs4 Lost. Rs 33 k deposited back on umpire's account.

Now back to the dilemma, TO ACCEPT THE CAR MANUFACTURED>6 MONTHS BACK OR NOT.

Following conclusions were drawn-
As we had visited the stock yard few days prior to arrival of the car, inspite of through personal search not a single Red manza was found.
So, possibility of car being lying at dealership , or driven as a TD CAR, or previous ly registered, rejected was nil. Also on frist visit to dealer , Bs3 manza was not available.

Also the order was placed in front of me .

Form 22 confirmed the same

So I decided to purchase it if they offer good extra discount. Now question arised, HOW MUCH EXTRA DISCOUNT ?

As carwale were in contact with me intermittently since I started the hunt for new car with the help of their car comparison tool, I called up them,. picked up by operator, she transferred me to one expert.
I explained her in brief, she said that if I do not want the car then I should say 'no' to the dealer, as if I was asking her , how to pronounce' NO' no. About discount she said,' no comments'

Again googled, found one thread about > 1 year old swift almost delivered, where the custmer refused to take the delivery i.e. refused to sign the delivery document. He detected the fraud on the day of delivery. The dealer concerned offered him Rs 20 k discount next day, But the custmer took back whole amount and rejected the REGISTERED CAR on his name. Salesmam was fired.

I learnt from the case that, car can be rejected even if it is registered at the time of delivery.
Suit can be filed even after delivery.
Minimum of rs 20k additional discount can be expected.

No response from dealer, tata for 2 days. I called up, salesman said ,'no discount'
to be continued...

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29

Hi Tornado,

Will sure start an ownership thread in coming weekend,
And regarding Oil Change at 5K service will be precautionary as engine oil is duly filled by TML in Jan 2011 so it will be around 1.5 year when my 5K service will come, hence Dealer has promised me that it will change the engine oil at 5K. Although prescribed oil change interval for aria is also 15k.

Yet to get the delivery of my vehicle due to not been able to registered but will take delivery on friday or sunday morning.

Note: If you are not satisfied with the interior cleaning than ask the delaer to do a dry cleaning prior to delivery. As the same is being asked by me....
Please hold on the registration process, unless you confirm and find out following things
1) date of dispatch of the vehicle from factory
2) date of arrival of vehicle at factory
3) date of manufacture of tyres
4) form 22
5) road worthiness cerificate
6) dealer done pdi on paper and talk with the engineer performed it.
7) xerox copy of User manual, read all notices given in it.

And most important ly Tata has prescribed special maintenance/service procedure(to be carried out by dealer) for long storage vehicle s, it is different from routine dealer pdi,get copy of it .

Why do you want to dry clean the interior, if it is dirty or unclean that means car has been used previosly by dealer/his children/td/staff,/previous custemer.

Absence of seat covering plastic is highly questionable /suspicious
Come on do it before registration. Dont get bullied by discount.

Last edited:

And most important ly Tata has prescribed special maintenance/service procedure(to be carried out by dealer) for long storage vehicle s, it is different from routine dealer pdi,get copy of it .

Why do you want to dry clean the interior, if it is dirty or unclean that means car has been used previosly by dealer/his children/td/staff,/previous custemer.

Most of the things have been checked and vin no is also cross checked with TML for safety purpose and their reply was positive about this particular car.

Interiors are clean,seat covers plastics are intact. dash is clean. but only few marks on dash. maybe becaause it has been driven to a mall foe display and also to and fro to stockyard. even it is standing in showroom from last eight days so people are seeing this vehicle inside out so cause of this mats are a bit dirty and signs of fingerprints are therr on door. drycleaning is required for that.

Will surely ask for a copy of form 22.
This was billed in march to dealer and due to low demand of 4*4 pleasure variant they were unable to sell this off. people buy higher variants in 4*4.

Absence of seat covering plastic is highly questionable /suspicious
Come on do it before registration. Dont get bullied by discount.[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom