Tata Manza Ownership Experience: Eighth Year

Re: After One Year - Manza Ownership Experience

Buying Experience:

This should be a unique buying experience.

Not a recommended practice.
Do it on your own risk.

I have ordered the car over phone [:)]
No TD
No PDI
I have not gone to the show room at all.

Car was door delivered to my Home.

(One guy came to my office to confirm the model and colour, collect the documents and cheque.)
Man i am hearing this for the first time. wow. what in the first place encouraged you to do that anyways[:)] And how's youe eye buddy?

Auto which were your previous owned cars?Please throw some light on them as well ! And how is your eye after surgery?

Thread Starter #33

Thanks Tornado, singh890 and The Xover.

My eyes are alright now.

Auto which were your previous owned cars?Please throw some light on them as well !
Our first car was an Ambassador, then Fiat (it was a Premier Padmini).
I bought an Indica V2 in 2004 which is still with us.

Man i am hearing this for the first time. wow. what in the first place encouraged you to do that anyways[:)]
Yes I know that not many people in their good senses would do that.
But I opted that because of the circumstances.

Later while thinking about that I arrived at a logical conclusion:

Even if I had gone to the showroom mutiple times, had endless discussions and arguements with TATA Sales persons and checked the Car multiple times before delivery; the end result would have been the same.[;)]

Don't you agree?

Auto safari,

Yes this is a unique buying experience, just like flipkart.com.

Anyway lucky enough that you got the original and better product.

I am also looking for new version of safari, since as you have mentioned that fit and finish of the current version is not reliable. After three- four years it looks like that all the fasteners have loosened and uneven gaps start appearing. Though I am also die hard fan of safari, looking for the launch of storme, expected in End of March??. Even the dealers of Tata Motors are not aware of the exact launch date. But I will check the road look of the vehicle and fit and finish before going for it. Let us hope it should be able to beat the XUV 500 atleast in the finish.

Thread Starter #35

Since I was not able to drive (due to the eye operation), appointed a driver for two months.
He was OK. (one issue was he used to talk non stop about his experience in driving cars like Rolls Royce. But I know that he was driving only Ambassador taxis.)
He cleaned the car regularly and kept it shining to please me. But that was the cause for a number of scratches (from his steel bangles and finger rings).
He used to revv high while starting and parking after a trip. Noticed this only after one week and immediately stopped that.
He adviced me not to drive for another 6 months. [lol]
But finally I could avoid and send him out when a long trip was planned.

Thread Starter #36

Freebies along with the car - Teflon coating, mats, steering wheel cover.

There was no visible issues with the car and everything was looking fine.

Accessories done at interior shops in Vapi:

Seat covers - velvet
Sun film
Pioneer HU
JBL Speakers
additional set of mats

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

I didnt got a single thing free after I got a 15k discount by negotiating from the dealer!

Nice write up. Keep it up!

Waiting eagerly for the pics of the SUPER SEDAN.

Thread Starter #38

Now the first free service:

No issues to report.

Authorised Service Center - Rathod Motors, Vapi.

Telephonic booking done for the service and they confirmed appointment for the next day morning - 09:30

While going there I was apprehensive because of the pervious experience while enquiring for a new car.

However, this was different - Service guys are far better than the Sales team.

Parked the car as guided by the security guard and left the key in the car.

Thought of utilising the waiting time to see the facility. Before we could move out of the front parking bay, SA came and enquired about the car and issues faced if any. He was having printed papers with him with details of our car and job card.

So there is not much of a problem with TASS in terms of systems and procedures. So where is the catch - which makes TASS a villain - need to find out in due course.

Went inside the showroom, checked some display cars including Manza Elan in Tyrian Wine colour, Punto and Linea.

Not much of a difference in the working style of Sales persons than what I was expected. So no regrets in getting the car from Mumbai through a telephonic order.

And the lounge: There are two lounges - one for the drivers and one for the owners.
In driver's lounge other than two old sofas, there were some carton boxes and some old stuff stored.
In the lounge (AC) for owners there was a TV and also there is a big glass window to watch the actions at the workshop.
Other than these two small rooms and a water dispenser at one corner of the hall, and a washroom (common for Showroom and Service center)there is no other facility at the area for service center customers.

They will not offer you a tea or coffee even if you are waiting there for one full day.

Now these lounges are for those who prefer to sit idle. Those who are curious and passionate about their cars are all scattered all over and mingling with the technicians and supervisors in workshop, bodyshop and washing area.

Car was delivered to us by 12:30 pm - earlier than the time promised by SA.

Charges for the first service - Rs 0

Last edited:

So you also own V2 like me !! Was your experience with V2 instrumental in choosing a Tata product again?

Also where are the pics?

Thread Starter #40

I didnt got a single thing free after I got a 15k discount by negotiating from the dealer!

Nice write up. Keep it up!

Waiting eagerly for the pics of the SUPER SEDAN.
Also where are the pics?
Pictures are on the way.

lxi,
Freebies depend on how hard you negotiate with the dealer.

I too got a discount of Rs 15000.
Demand for Manza has gone up during the month when I purchased. So could not extract a better discount.

So you also own V2 like me !! Was your experience with V2 instrumental in choosing a Tata product again?
Mine is a 2004 V2 diesel. Yes the car is serving well at our native place and maintained in an excellent condition.

I look at Value for money products and TATA gives the best VFM products.

When I bought Manza, expected a sedate driving experience. However, as pointed out by Highway Ranger in his ownership thread, me too found out that Manza performs well and can provide some spirited driving experience. More about that later.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

Nope buddy, I got the car for 2.72 on road. And the ex showroom price was 2.62 L!
I got 15000Rs. discount on the car(Which anyone would get on a Maruti Car), and got 15k after i negotiated with the dealer(Which I got).

Thread Starter #42

Here are some pictures.

This Manza reached our home one year ago on 26th Feb 2011 at 8.00 PM

Pictures shown below are recent (taken one week ago)

4.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

9.jpg

8a.jpg

11a.jpg

10a.jpg

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

Awesome Pics! Just remove the Rathod motors sticker from the Headlight. I also had the Vipul on my rear glass just in front of the Third stop lamp, so whenever i braked, the Vipul Automobiles glowed! Scolded the person for it and when i asked him to remove it, there were some marks on the glass, so all the glasses were cleaned again!

Where are the fogs? Get them please. Its looking to much plain without them! Also, Post some pics from side and rear too!

Planning some upgrades? Alloys, Roots Wind tones, Lip Spoiler?

Thread Starter #44

Awesome Pics! Just remove the Rathod motors sticker from the Headlight.
Where are the fogs? Get them please. Its looking to much plain without them! Also, Post some pics from side and rear too!
Planning some upgrades? Alloys, Roots Wind tones, Lip Spoiler?
Thanks lxi.

Removed the sticker from rear glass while doing sunfilm.

In our place, that sticker in right headlight is required as per RTO. Service center guys paste it properly according to the vehicle-headlight type.

Yet to find a good spoiler suiting Manza. There is one in a brochure from TATA Motors but its not available with dealers.

Also interested in Manza Elan stock alloys. May do it later.

Top Bottom