Tata Manza Booking Cancellation!

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I had booked Tata Indigo Manza few weeks back because of personal reasons I am having to cancel it. But the K H T Motors where I had booked the car are charging Rs 2000 cancellation charges. Is this normal practice or they playing tricks? Please let me know.

Thanks for help.

Raghu

Normally the dealer do charge on cancellation, i am not sure about the amount. 2000 looks reasonable to me. How much you payed for booking?

350Z

Core Team
Ragha2010, First of all welcome to The Automotive India. Which variant of Manza did you booked? The cancellation amount is generally applicable if you choose to cancel the booking at any point of time before delivery. Amount of Rs.2,000 seems to be reasonable for a car worth Rs.5+ Lakhs, I say this because I’ve seen people paying a lot more than this. Good luck!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Ragha2010! I'll tell you an experience I had with Ashtavinayak Motors (Chevrolet) in Mumbai. We had booked a Chevy Spark LS with them and had paid Rs.10000 as the booking amount. Later after some reconsiderations and some problem, we had to cancel our booking. We were purchasing the car through finance and the documents had not been processed yet. There was no dealing with the bank whatsoever, and the loan was not even arranged for. When we went to collect the booking amount, they handed us a cheque of Rs.7500 (-Rs.2500). They cut that amount of money saying that they are cancellation charges. But when I inquired with many people, I came to know that they cannot deduct cancellation charges on a car bought through finance (and that too for a car which was not even allotted to us!). They can only deduct money if the transaction was in cash. If you were buying it in cash, then i suppose it is right for them to deduct the money.

Normally they do charge for cancellation of booking ,

But any how they are gonna sell that car even if they have placed order .

A simple chart paper for filling the name details cost that much.?

Thread Starter #7
Ragha2010, First of all welcome to The Automotive India. Which variant of Manza did you booked? The cancellation amount is generally applicable if you choose to cancel the booking at any point of time before delivery. Amount of Rs.2,000 seems to be reasonable for a car worth Rs.5+ Lakhs, I say this because I’ve seen people paying a lot more than this. Good luck!

Drive Safe,
350Z
I had booked top end Aura+. I had heard good things about K H T Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore. But in the end it turned out to be a deal breaker :(

I had booked top end Aura+. I had heard good things about K H T Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore. But in the end it turned out to be a deal breaker :(
Hey buddy he can't cancel a single Re he should refund you the full amount.
So don't nod to what they say.
Just tell them you have postponed your purchase and demand him full refund.

Hi Ragha2010! I'll tell you an experience I had with Ashtavinayak Motors (Chevrolet) in Mumbai. We had booked a Chevy Spark LS with them and had paid Rs.10000 as the booking amount. Later after some reconsiderations and some problem, we had to cancel our booking. We were purchasing the car through finance and the documents had not been processed yet. There was no dealing with the bank whatsoever, and the loan was not even arranged for. When we went to collect the booking amount, they handed us a cheque of Rs.7500 (-Rs.2500). They cut that amount of money saying that they are cancellation charges. But when I inquired with many people, I came to know that they cannot deduct cancellation charges on a car bought through finance (and that too for a car which was not even allotted to us!). They can only deduct money if the transaction was in cash. If you were buying it in cash, then i suppose it is right for them to deduct the money.

Hey amaan when we were about to purchase Scorpio i had given the dealer Vijai Auto 25,000 as booking amount.
As he couldn't provide me the car on the required date.
I cancelled the booking and went to other dealer .
The 1 st dealer said he will deduct the money , I blasted him .
Then came a cheque with full refund.
As we had purchased through full cash and not through finance he just nodded and refunded the whole amount.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Mukesh, Your case was a bit different.

1) It was dealer's fault that he couldn't provide you delivery on time.
2) It depends upon the dealer.

If we speak in general, then booking cancellation charges are applicable AND this is not only with the case of cars but other big products too. However, If OP has some approach, then he could probably get the full refund.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Mukesh, Your case was a bit different.

1) It was dealer's fault that he couldn't provide you delivery on time.
2) It depends upon the dealer.

If we speak in general, then booking cancellation charges are applicable AND this is not only with the case of cars but other big products too. However, If OP has some approach, then he could probably get the full refund.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes Vibhor i know that mine was a different case.
The dealer is not going to loose anything he will sell it to other buyer.
So why should they deduct the amount for the sake of booking.
What loss they are reimbursing through customer's amount.

Well yeah even i suggest not to agree paying cancellation charges. Try to speak with the dealer and do not agree to pay cancellation charges. After all cancellation means no loss to them and Manza being a good seller will be sold out in no time.

350Z

Core Team
Though I’m not favoring the dealer but it is not all about the car for which cancellation charges apply. It is obvious that the car would be sold to another person if not to ragha2010 but actual matter is about the time and efforts spent, but what would be better than if dealer can refund full amount? :smile: I doubt they will.

Drive Safe,
350Z

My friend booked an i20 for his younger brother at the Pondicherry Hyundai showroom by paying an amount of Rs 5,000 for booking charges,which was said that it will be refunded.After a few days,they said that the waiting period will be around 2 to 3 months,as he booked for a white color i20.Then,his brother said that in the Hyundai showroom at Tirunelveli,they have an i20,which can be bought in 3 days.So,my friend cancelled the booking stating the above reason,and the sales supervisor said that the amount will be refunded in a week's time.After a week,the supervisor said only half of the amount will be given,as he has to pay for cancellation charges.At first,they said it will be refunded,but now he says only half the amount will be refunded.
Then,my friend spoke to the branch manager and the higher officials said to refund the full amount of Rs 5,000.Then the sales supervisor called my friend personally and said that he will give Rs 2,500 from his own money,as the company will deduct from his salary.After hearing his plea,my friend felt pity for him hearing his words,and left the issue after getting half of the amount.
The supervisor doesn't know that i know the whole story,and once when i asked him about the booking issue,he said that the full amount of Rs 5,000 was refunded within the given period of time.I was just laughing by seeing him lie to me.
And,this issue was done long time ago,now,my friend's brother has bought an i20 with heavy audio installed in it.

hi everyone

Hi Everyone,

I had booked Tata Indigo Manza few weeks back because of personal reasons I am having to cancel it. But the K H T Motors where I had booked the car are charging Rs 2000 cancellation charges. Is this normal practice or they playing tricks? Please let me know.

Thanks for help.

Raghu
Hi Everyone.

Hi Raghu,
In August 2007, I booked a Maruti 800 at Bimal Maruti showroom located in Mahadevapura, Bangalore. I payed 45,000/- as booking amount. As I payed through credit card, they had charged me 2% extra. Later, after 10 days due to personal reasons I cancelled the booking. Without deducting any amount, they had given me a cheque of 45,000/-, within 2 days.

Later in Nov 2007 I brought a Wagon R from the same showroom.

I suggest you to check with KHT motors once again, on what basis they are deducting the amount, as this is not a normal practice with other dealers.

I checked with Amman Motors Hosur (Maruti dealer), Advaith Hyundai Bangalore, Concorde Motors Bangalore, Varun Motors Hyderabad & also with Malik Motors Hyderabad (Tata cars dealer) at different situations.

If they still insist on cancellation amount without proper reason, borrow sometime and directly contact TATA Motors. That would be one better option to check.

Hello Ravi kiran , welcome to TAI , have a great stay here! Why don you start an introduction thread and tell us more about yourself and BTW thanks for your valuable input.

Top Bottom