TATA Manza Aqua - Pretty Much the Perfect Car.

Thread Starter #1
My uncle used to have an Indica. He was pretty satisfied with it. It kept serving him well until last year where it would require a lot of works to fix it so he decided to get rid of it and get a new car. He was initially thinking of getting Punto 1.3 Emotion. He actually did book the car also in tuscan wine color. But just one day he came across Manza and he was getting a really really awesome deal after exchanging his Indica. He decided to go for Manza as it was more per car. [;)] and he got it same price as the Punto Emo. Color was the dilemma. My Aunt wanted red. My cousins wanted golden. But my Uncle decided to go for this dark blue color. It stands out because i have not seen any other Manza with this color. [clap]

Dealership experience:

The dealership experience was ok. Not too great. but more on this later.
Mahindra experience was better.

The Car itself.

The car itself is awesome. Nothing short of this. Power is awesome from the national engine- the 1.3 FIAT Multijet. The turbo boost is quite good and pick up is tremendous. Top speed achieved is 160 km/h. At that speed too, it felt quite stable. Handling is quite good too. Okay its no Fiesta around the corners but grip from the apollo acceleres are good and steering feedback is good if not perfect. Ride is good. Soaks up the bumps really well. But at times, i feel the ride is bouncy. FE is also good. My uncle took it to a recent trip to Deogarh and Tarapeeth and it was happily returning 21 km/pl. Once it was pushed to 150 km/h. other wise in the city, it returns 15-16 kmp/l.

Interior is nice. Plastics are well finished. Layout is nice and everything is in good reach. I like the steering wheel especially though i feel it is on the higher side. The dials are beautiful and look even better at night with the white illumination. Seats are well bolstered. Front seats are good and it is east to find a good seating position. Rear seats are just fab. A lot of legroom and seats itself are comfortable too. Boot is also huge and swallows all luggage without issue.

ISSUES:
As some of you guys may remember, last december, I had taken the car for servicing. And well also reported that shock absorbers were squeeking. The A.S.S quickly changed the right side shock absorber. But they did not have the other side and they made us wait the whole day. Plus the alignment they did was bad and all messed up.
Took to a good A.S.S which is much far away from home and they said it was the bush in the suspension that had to be changed. Now all manzas were recalled for that bush.

Other wise this car is prettty good product. I have seen the TATA range evolve from the first Indica to the previous gen Indigo to this Manza. I can see great change and I absolutely love it. Kudos to Tata for making this gem of a car.

P.S. these are the pics i have so far. will click some more in the coming days. [glasses]

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Nice review. I don’t think this colour is available anymore. Manza also used to come in Black, which was a sure shot looker. I don’t know why Tata discontinued these colors on Manza when it looks rather good in dark shades. The last photograph is fabulous. Keep them coming.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fazer

Suspended
A nice and quick review Type-R. Any mods planned?
BTW, Do you have a rear crash guard in the car? (See 1st pic)
+1 to Vibhor, The Manza looks good in dark shades just like the Micra looks good in bright shades. [:)]
Waiting for more pics.

Cheers.

Thread Starter #5
Nice review. I don’t think this colour is available anymore. Manza also used to come in Black, which was a sure shot looker. I don’t know why Tata discontinued these colors on Manza when it looks rather good in dark shades. The last photograph is fabulous. Keep them coming.

Drive Safe,
350Z
i dont know if this color is available or not because i just saw one a new one with this color yesterday. [;)] thanks for the kind words. not a very good writer. haha also last photo is courtesy instagram.

A nice and quick review Type-R. Any mods planned?
BTW, Do you have a rear crash guard in the car? (See 1st pic)
+1 to Vibhor, The Manza looks good in dark shades just like the Micra looks good in bright shades. [:)]
Waiting for more pics.

Cheers.
yes that is indeed a rear crash guard in the back. no mods. so far only mods are seatcovers and foglamps. [:D] i actually love the Manza in red (same which autosafari has got)

Thread Starter #7
The car is going great guns. Still drives like brand new. Last time i sat in it was on 3rd of August before coming back here on 6th. Love driving this as well. Seats are well bolstered. Gearshifts are still good. i love the dials a lot.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Really they discontinued ?
Taj Krishna hydrebad have black manzas and your are so correct the black manza looks superrrrrrrr hit extremely classy and very upmarket .

Top Bottom