Tata Launches Aria Facelift With 'Image Corrections'

Re: Tata Planning To Relaunch Aria With 'Image Corrections'

Better if they price it lower and give features according to the budget.
As far as the looks are concerned, i feel the current design is good-looking.
At last whatever you say, first impression is the best impression and Aria did not step on it for the stupid company's behavior, else it is a very good product from Tata's stable.

Last edited:

Request to all the members

Please read the thread title properly before posting your views !! It is purely a discussion about Aria image corrections and I really do not understand why XUV,Innova,Scorpio comes into this[surprise], Not only here but wherever there is thread of TATA vehicle, immediately XUV,Scorpio jumps into that and completely the discussion goes into OT, I do not know what is the fun in doing so !!

I again request all of you, please read the thread carefully and proceed with the discussions and please also do not think always with a comparison mood every where and in everything. Do some thought process while doing discussion and to suggest something innovative[:)]

Last edited:

Sure you can create a own thread in technical section and post your views and tips it will be certainly helpfull .

Please don't take me wrong iam not trying to be some teacher here , but seriously off topic discussions will lead us no where .
Im still new to this forum so i guess i wont start any thread.

I have one more view, I want Xenon kind of appeal in ARIA too

Well guys, I am still intact on my point.
Indian customers are matured enough to take a vehicle like Aria, though it feels ahead of it's time but still the vehicle has got it all what it needs to become a hit or at least find a couple of more takers. Issue basically lies with the image of the badge it wears.
Tata needs to work 'first' on its own image not the car.

Indian customers are matured enough to take a vehicle like Aria, though it feels ahead of it's time but still the vehicle has got it all what it needs to become a hit or at least find a couple of more takers. Issue basically lies with the image of the badge it wears.

Rightly said, These things should be managed at the core level, which Tata is improving on now. Because when they bring a change to the product they should anticipate the results on brand too.

Rightly said, These things should be managed at the core level, which Tata is improving on now. Because when they bring a change to the product they should anticipate the results on brand too.
Actually I have seen people saying "19 lakh me Tata"!!(A Tata for 19 lac!!). It looks like they wanted to build a car for a person who has money for a Safari but likes a Fortuner, but instead of hitting the sweet spot, the car landed nowhere.
Now see, a person who has 15 lacs goes for XUV and the one who has even 21 lacs goes for Fortuner, then where is Aria??
Aria is right at its place and the car deserves some extra cash too as compared to XUV but the badge needs to justify that price.

Excellent move by Tata. I hope they work on the QC department which will do wonders for sure. Tata Motors has the capability, its just that they sometimes do get wrong. I just hope the "Image correction" comes with some facelift too.

PS: This is a gentle reminder to all that this is a Tata Aria based thread. Kindly stick to the topic.:smile:

I cant just stop laughing at "Image Correction"

first offer a 100% glitch free product and then talk about image. agree the dealers have been told to replace any part that fails but why should any part fail and cause issues to the customers. the day tata stops treating its customers as test dummies is when i will proudly say TATA has grown up.

first step should be image building for tata and its vehicles and train its service staff and then move ahead with image correction/brand positioning and what not.

The only thing they need to do is to correct the prices and promote it well.No,even after that it won't sell 5000 units per month like XUV,but atleast it will sell in respectable no.s.

I was thinking to give some important TIPS for engine care and how to prevent it by seizing proactively by owner, it may looks OT, if you permits I can post or else No issue.

By the way I feel ARIA is a decent looking car i prefer TATA to make it more sporty rather than family car.
Sure Aria looks great, but that doesnt helps in sale. Low sale means nobody would be interested.India doesnt run behind good looks but practicality and returns. Look at the Duster anybody seen an suv uglier ?

Sure Aria looks great, but that doesnt helps in sale. Low sale means nobody would be interested.India doesnt run behind good looks but practicality and returns. Look at the Duster anybody seen an suv uglier ?
Definitely not [lol], let us see what Tata does for Aria this time.All the best Tata, play well at-least this time.

Completely agree Vipul

TML should first analyse what is WRONG about their company's image. It is called the customers perception of a Automotive company

I am 100% sure that TML would be rated the lowest when it comes to Customer perception of the Brand image of TML

But the thread is not about analysing and finding answers to this question, yes but the image / customer perception of brand TML is closely linked to the failure of ARIA and over and above that TML wants 10+ lakhs for the ARIA [frustration]

Come On TML,,, Customers double think,, No Triple think on even plonking 4-5 lakhs on an Vista. How would you even expect the market to TRUST your new products if they perceive niggles in even 4 lakh rupee products

Gear up, take bold decisions, improve your QC on small cars, then on biger cars. Paralelly work on your dealership attitude and TASS skillsets and CORRECT the image of TML rather than the image of ARIA

Have you realized other than age old dated Safari Tata has no product to cater upper middle class Indians? And those who look forward something from Tata they always got better option from other brands.
Aria was good effort but Tata miserably failed to please the expected segment of buyers just out of poor planning. imagine if storme was launched in Arias time and aria was launched now. They over estimated the Market.

This is the time they are suppose to be selling mini Suv but they seems to be gambling with vans like winger and venture.
presently Aria is at verge of extinction and storme looks struggling to make an impact.
I dont find issue is image but over all marketing technique is flawed ,they are acting as if competetion is non existential myth.

Thread Starter #44

Have you realized other than age old dated Safari Tata has no product to cater upper middle class Indians? And those who look forward something from Tata they always got better option from other brands.
Aria was good effort but Tata miserably failed to please the expected segment of buyers just out of poor planning. imagine if storme was launched in Arias time and aria was launched now. They over estimated the Market.

This is the time they are suppose to be selling mini Suv but they seems to be gambling with vans like winger and venture.
presently Aria is at verge of extinction and storme looks struggling to make an impact.
I dont find issue is image but over all marketing technique is flawed ,they are acting as if competetion is non existential myth.
aria is a good vehicle no doubt , but no matter what image correction they make it will never sell like hot cakes , maybe some people might buy it but there will be no waiting period kind of scenarios .

infact tata motors needs a complete desgin over-haul for their all vehicles from sumo gold to aria IMHO, there is no new age kind of look in any of their cars .
to some extent storme looks nice ( subjective ) but rest all cars need a major desgin change.

when i was covering the manza club class event for our forum , 1 jounalist asked karl slym what strategy does he have to change the perception of the brand , since majority of youngsters dont find tata cars sexy or deisreable .
mr slym had replied yes that is major part which we need to change and in 1 years time the brand as whole will be overhauled , but it is not a over-night process but something which is kind of mid to long term plan .

Actually Aria looks like a proper premium people mover. And then, it is. It offers practicality and returns too. But issue is "19 lakh ka Tata"??!!??
People still find Tata not as a brand premium enough to build anything above Safari. Sometimes it happens that a good product takes a royal beating only because it's either unfit as per the wide customer ground's taste or is priced rediculously or the product does not carry a badge which has enough appeal and I guess Aria suffers with nearly all three and third one being most serious. Hence Tata needs to work on the badge.
RELAUNCH ARIA 100 TIMES I AM SURE IT WILL NEVER SELL IN NUMBERS THOSE ARE EQUAL TO EVEN SAFARI, LEAVE THE SCORPIO OR XUV OR INNOVA ASIDE.And yes, don't tell me that Aria and Innova have no comparo, both are people movers. Why Aria won't sell? Simple, the image of "19 lakh ka Tata"??!!?? The day people will feel that "19 lakh ka Tata" can be a good vehicle, that day Aria will sell. Hence I strongly believe that Tata needs to work on it's own image, it's A.S.S. and it's marketing strategy. After that they must touch Aria. They need to win the confidence of customers..

BTW, I like the way the Duster's front looks as well as the way it drives.

Completely agree Vipul

TML should first analyse what is WRONG about their company's image. It is called the customers perception of a Automotive company

I am 100% sure that TML would be rated the lowest when it comes to Customer perception of the Brand image of TML

But the thread is not about analysing and finding answers to this question, yes but the image / customer perception of brand TML is closely linked to the failure of ARIA and over and above that TML wants 10+ lakhs for the ARIA [frustration]

Come On TML,,, Customers double think,, No Triple think on even plonking 4-5 lakhs on an Vista. How would you even expect the market to TRUST your new products if they perceive niggles in even 4 lakh rupee products

Gear up, take bold decisions, improve your QC on small cars, then on biger cars. Paralelly work on your dealership attitude and TASS skillsets and CORRECT the image of TML rather than the image of ARIA
+1000...every point is valid.

Top Bottom