Tata Launches Aria Facelift With 'Image Corrections'

Re: Tata Planning To Relaunch Aria With 'Image Corrections'

Tata should have opted the current pricing strategy at the time of launch. They kept on bringing lower specced variants as sales never took off. Now they even plan to launch the pure LX version at 9.95L ex-showroom. If they would have done it at the time of launch, people would have atleast considered it as a value for money alternative to the Innova. Tata is even offering massive discounts of upto 2L on the Aria presently.

One good thing, they haven't given up. Let us hope this does not end us as Grande MK2.

To launch it in December they might have started testing test mules before months. But we haven't spotted one. Then the December launch is un realistic atleast for me. Lets hope this is will be a thorough makeover and nothing like Grande as vinu said. Late 2013 launch as Raja said is more realistic...

I don't think a hige make-over aka completely revamped front and rear is possible in next two months.I think its the A/T Aria that will be launched this december(with mild facelift,roof rails etc.),while the revamped Aria will be launched at the end of next calender year.

I Feel ARIA AT with little bit Photo presence and same price as current ARIA is an ICE on eyes .
I guess TATA as gained some reputation by developing STORME in quality and engineering, in fact Im more confident in TATA than TATA before STORME.
now new AT Gear box displayed in AUTOexpo 2012 is looks more promising to shut few peoples mouth who always takes the tail of tata in the name of Low range torque.

With the company consistently dishing out lemons with their older aria, i am not sure if that image makeover is going to help a lot.
PS: this is a generalised statement, please do not ask me for proofs of my statements. There is google and various forums to help you see all the details since everything is well documented.
generalized in what sense buddy, I became bored to see such post from you I always expects some chilled posts atleast from you, come on buddy give some deep thoughts lets chill. [clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tata planning to re-launch Aria with image corrections .

generalized in what sense buddy, I became bored to see such post from you I always expects some chilled posts atleast from you, come on buddy give some deep thoughts lets chill. [clap]
its ok buddy.
I cannot entertain you .

If you could keep track of what happens with those vehicles during their ownership, you would get to know what problems the real world owners face.

So as an owner i always like to be aware of problems which might arise in due course of my ownership.

During such research i do accidently notice those rare breed who own a slow moving product.

One such user mentions that apart from the interiors of the aria almost everything had to be replaced.

Such articles do make for a sad reading and instill a lot of bad reputation for the product and in turn the manufacturer too.

@ Superbad , do you believe such readings or how much would you?

There is lot of thing going into a car apart from interiors. Let us noy forget people exagerate to ridiculuous levels.car enthusiat like you is not be conclusive with such comments. There is lot more to it than bad reputation and sad readings.

I feel sad when people exagerate on inferior product and claim it to be impeccable.eg getting an FE of 14 and endlessly ranting 20+ I dont know for what but to maintain high resale value or collectively supporting fake Image.

Things like engine seizing, its replacement are no small matters by any stretch of imagination.

Exaggeration can be made with the rpm reading to the speed obtained, average fuel economy, handling of the cars, but one expects a mechanically sound car from a manufacturer.
Niggles can be managed.
Engine seizing cannot especially when you are left stray in no mans land.

I guess it was few isolated cases which was proactively taken care off by Tata. engine siezure is sure a serious matter but we should give some consideration for Tata with a new car. More serious and notrious issues are happemming with companies like ford and Toyota's which says these are trivial matter to be raised as a generalized issues.
what I would prefer to appreciate is how well company responded to such concerns.

of course Tata is seasoned lemon seller as pointed out by you elsewhere and I was one of the victim .

Re: Tata planning to re-launch Aria with image corrections .

its ok buddy.
I cannot entertain you .

If you could keep track of what happens with those vehicles during their ownership, you would get to know what problems the real world owners face.

So as an owner i always like to be aware of problems which might arise in due course of my ownership.

During such research i do accidently notice those rare breed who own a slow moving product.

One such user mentions that apart from the interiors of the aria almost everything had to be replaced.

Such articles do make for a sad reading and instill a lot of bad reputation for the product and in turn the manufacturer too.
Ok, but I do read so many bad reviews of all cars of all manufacturer but we cannot decide on piece articles.
I even witnessed my friend is a very happy owner of ARIA, but i should not mention here that other friend replaced entire info system of XUV under warranty but if you find online its only full of XUV +ve reviews.[confused]

To be a happy owner of any car you should know its limitations and you should know the car.

For me the reason looks very simple. though the ARIA is a good product but when it launched people were mostly unaware of this vehicle and marketing of tata was also very poor, media support also very poor.
few owners faced some issues and tata also helped then under warranty but still every one hyped the -ve sides of ARIA than its +ve, but I sense the same thing with XUV but surprisingly most of the owners looked hiding the facts rather then discussing them, some times I suspect a STRONG MnM fan following is also played an important role.

Most importantly Every one projected ARIA as costly vehicle rather than highlighting its tons of features this is due to TATAs low marketing strategy but XUV got cheap badge on its tail and covered it by showing features equal to ARIA

Otherwise I still say ARIA is best engineered Indian Vehicle so far.

I maybe wrong to represent the whole story.
But as far as my thinking goes.
It is a slow moving product.
The assembly line is under no pressure to meet deadlines, hence a better QC is expected for a flagship product.

Since they are directly in competition with a product which sells several times its nearest rival, it can only hope of a comeback only if the product is niggle and trouble free.

Thread Starter #27

Since the thread is about relaunching aria with image corrections can we stick to the point of what kind of image corrections are needed in aria and post our views .

Posting things without source and something which no 1 can prove will lead this thread to off topic discussions and brand wars . Hope mods take note of this .

Mr. Ranger. i am hardpushed to believe that it is mere psycological than real due to ignorance. Simultaneously I am sometime shocked to notice person like Superbad whom I believe is welleducated and knowledgeable too geting carried away .

I was thinking to give some important TIPS for engine care and how to prevent it by seizing proactively by owner, it may looks OT, if you permits I can post or else No issue.

By the way I feel ARIA is a decent looking car i prefer TATA to make it more sporty rather than family car.

Thread Starter #30

I was thinking to give some important TIPS for engine care and how to prevent it by seizing proactively by owner, it may looks OT, if you permits I can post or else No issue.

By the way I feel ARIA is a decent looking car i prefer TATA to make it more sporty rather than family car.
Sure you can create a own thread in technical section and post your views and tips it will be certainly helpfull .

Please don't take me wrong iam not trying to be some teacher here , but seriously off topic discussions will lead us no where .

Top Bottom