Tata Indigo Marina TDi Report.

congratulations on your marina mate, looks quite good and well maintained.Tata vehicles if maintained well can go 2.5 to 3 lacs of kms without much hiccups.As like you me too dont take my indica to any TASS after first year,pvt service centre is much better for me and my car.

Thread Starter #19
SC screw us due to the pressure on them. Yes they do have targets. To achieve the target they do anything , just to get a 5 digit number on the bill.

Tata people speaks so rude, so we get caution immediately. Toyoto and Hyundai peoples speak so soft and gentle and make us believe that our car has got some major fault.

If you are rich enough try this on a 40k+ driven good car. Especially for tata, remove the wheel balancing pegs in either of the front wheel.

CASE 1
Go to the service center and say that there is wobbling in steering and just one particular front wheel needs needs balancing.

CASE 2
Go to the service center and say that there is steering wheel wobbling and you cant drive above 70kmph.

Results of this can be discussed . I'll conclude later.

Mod Note:
Please take time to format your posts properly for easy readability by other members. Also, please do avoid posting in SMS lingo & shortforms. Thanks.

Regards,
TAI TEAM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arun

Suspended
A well maintained car I must admit!

I don't understand why few TATA's break down in front of the showroom while others tour the Himalayas and nothing happens to them![suspect]

By the way, are the panel gaps fine with your Marina?
TATA's are horrible fabricators as far as panel gaps are concerned!

Thread Starter #21
Are you asking about the interior dash gaps ? or the exterior bumper.

Interior is fine, They do come with some gap.
Exteriors there were gaps earlier, now rectified.

A well maintained car I must admit!

I don't understand why few TATA's break down in front of the showroom while others tour the Himalayas and nothing happens to them![suspect]

By the way, are the panel gaps fine with your Marina?
TATA's are horrible fabricators as far as panel gaps are concerned!
ilango[speed thirst];2808 said:
Are you asking about the interior dash gaps ? or the exterior bumper.

Interior is fine, They do come with some gap.
Exteriors there were gaps earlier, now rectified.
no i guess he's talking about exteriors panel gaps found on tata's cars, which are much more then other car manufactureers and surely they dont take this part much perfectly, but saying this, new indica vista has much better fabrication done then previous ones.Still needs to improve.

Buddy why dont you get black taping done to your cars pillar. Its will look great and will cost merely rs.500-700/-

deville_56

Honoured Member
I'm too planning to get same thing done on my car.
Deville, Can you post the DIY here?

Drive Safe!
350Z
Don't have DIY pix for that.

[amateur way]
Get 4 sq feet vinyl. cut into required size. remove the rubber beadings of the pillar. Stick the vinyl starting from one end to other slowly. stretch the vinyl in bend surfaces. Cut and shape joints with a paper cutter. Put back the beading. Done. Chances of air bubbles will be there. So be careful.

[bit pro way]
spray collin glass cleaner on the pillars. Stick the vinyl on wet pillars. Squeeze out the glass cleaner with a squeezer. Improper squeeze can cause air bubbles in long run. Same way they fix sun control film.

[shock]

DIY way costs only 50 bucks [evil]
Buddy i got it done at 250/-.My frnd got it done at Rs.500/- from MASS(Arya Motors,Nagpur). BTW here in nagpur, you wont get 4mts vinyl at the price(50 bucks) quoted by you.Even the number plate guy here takes Rs60-120 for vinyl writing on the two plates.

350Z

Core Team
Don't have DIY pix for that.

[amateur way]
Get 4 sq feet vinyl. cut into required size. remove the rubber beadings of the pillar. Stick the vinyl starting from one end to other slowly. stretch the vinyl in bend surfaces. Cut and shape joints with a paper cutter. Put back the beading. Done. Chances of air bubbles will be there. So be careful.

[bit pro way]
spray collin glass cleaner on the pillars. Stick the vinyl on wet pillars. Squeeze out the glass cleaner with a squeezer. Improper squeeze can cause air bubbles in long run. Same way they fix sun control film.
Thank you. Seems like it would need care while installing.
I'll better check with my local Accessory Guy.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #30
blackening the pillar will be free for me , the sticker shop will do free for me !

And i myself have done this on my uncle's zen (old model). it cost just 200 to buy a roll of 4 meter . enough to cover the whole car.
it was done a 1.5 year before and still in good shape

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom