Tata Indigo Marina TDi Report.

Thread Starter #1
Hello every one, I own a marina bought it as 2nd hand but was a known car to me, It had stock engines and filter as for now, will change after i start my own store.

It has clocked 109500 kms till now.
First of all I love this car for its space and diesel engine, the huge space in this sedan type is so good that every one must feel. also the stylish looks it has is great.

I have a 14incher alloys from aura and 185/65 shoes on them.
Till now i have done just a regular service. Some of the other things did are, diesel pump service, front ball joint and rubber bush replacement and now rear shocks replacements .

I got my car with front suspension replaced and a new amaron battery, The engine is smooth and the presence of turbo is so useful. you must have driven an indica to know the greatness of turbo in this engine, You can actually feel the turbo only after the RPM needle touches 2000 mark.
Overall the car is good and it is 5 years old.

I dont give my car to the Tata service centre as I know about them (not only them other sc too).

I have a mech friend for 18 long years, He is actually my dad's friend and we leave our cars to him.

Also during my college days in holidays I have worked with him, Really its an interesting job .

This is all about my marina and to add to this you can carry your world with you in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
A good maintained engine in indigo and indicas will have a life of 2.5 to 3L kms.
The life comes down as the bore becomes bigger!
A simple and correct overhaul will give another 2.5L kms .

will upload images soon.

Thread Starter #5
I plan to start a mod and performance store.
works include custom painting, 2 tone painting, modification, fibre parts , like body kits and spoilers, fibre enclosure for speakers, woofer, and fixing performace parts. and lot more.

My cars picture

cool, all the best for your proposed biz! Don't forget to give us fellow members a good discount ;)

Thread Starter #8
Thanks man.
Sure discount for all TAI members.

and now about the car.
last week trip to coimbatore gave a milage of 19kmpl with ac.
The speed was 100 to 120 at possible place.
At the 2300 rpm i get a constant milage of 19with ac.
And with 5 person with full luccage at back and speed of 100 + in ac gave 18+ some point kmpl. this was the trip to kodaikanal.
This 18 kmpl was before the diesel pump service. i serviced the pump as the initial pick up went down, changed the 2 bearings in them. now the pick up is rocking as new. also the milage has increased by one.
in city though i don't measure by full to full method by the meter reading i can conclude it gives a milage of 15 kmpl in ac.

And regarding the tyres. It has brigstone turanza in front and potenza at rear. Front is tube less and rear is tube type. The rear are waiting for a change. its life is almost over. It has covered a distance of 60000 kms. It need a change immediatly. will go for goodyear this time as one of my accessory dealers deals with goodyear tyres too and so i get a discount.
----------Next Post------------
What all performance mod's are you planning to do ?
To start all basic performance parts.
headers, free flow , filters etc.
Rest major and nos kit ups based on order.
Actually normal performance order will be 1 per month.
Filters may fetch 3 to 4 cars a month.
In all these i need to attend a training session in coimbatore.

Last edited:
Hey that really great & impressive figures from your machine!!

Ilango waiting for your updates on your store :)

Top Bottom