Tata Indigo Manza Compact Sedan (CS)

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors is in the process of bringing a new Tata Manza CS model in the domestic market. The model will be an increasingly compact sedan compared to its predecessors but will be powered by the same diesel engine which features in the current version of Vista and Manza. It will be a little less than 4 m in length, compromising a little on the car’s boot space. This means that it will have the same interior space but only a small luggage space at the back. Tata Indigo Manza CS will have fresh exteriors with new grill and lights, featuring a sportier look. The Indian Government will also offer an excise duty cut, making Indigo Manza CS cheaper than before. The lighter car with a little less wheelbase will be more fuel efficient and yet it will have the same 3-box sedan shape to give impression of a big, long car. The CS stands for “compact sedan”, in Tata’s words, a sedan car must fulfil the length criteria at or under 4 meters. The car promises to be a good value for money model in terms of space, features, engine and fuel efficiency. source- cartradeindia

This move was quite expected. Right after Indigo CS the Manza CS was expected. Hope they maintain the same quality levels as in Manza!

Are you sure ???? Is this for the TAXI market ?????

Wrong move i guess. I love the Manza ... really one wonder car from TATA in past 20 years. Love the looks of the car......
Apart from the evergreen Safari :).....

i dont believe tata could possibly come out with manza CS, as already vista CS was not possible with vista already near 4 meter range, so with manza cutting down boot pretty much not possible, if so might be wonderful.I have seen one picture on net a PS one of manza CS possibility.

The CS was such a brilliant idea. A wonderful example of Indian ingenuity, it taught the competition about the virtues of knowing the aspirations of the target market[thumbsup].

That is an expected move from Tata. To be honest, its been the Indica, the CS and the Marina that found a place in my books, the Indigo never really looked any great. With the Manza too, Tata has gone ahead and done the same thing - i.e. gave the Manza a weird rear end. This i hope will be corrected in the CS and 'Marina' versions.

Just my two cents :)

350Z

Core Team
  • Maruti Suzuki
  • Tata Motors
  • Hyundai India
This is the list of top-three clever mass-selling car manufacturers in India who know their business well, or I should say very well. The formula is quite simple, launch a model by cleverly placing it at cheap price (Grabbing the mindset of Indians). When the right time comes, launch a facelift by replicating previous range, but still keep selling those old models along side. Literally I am about to lost the count of how many Indigos Tata have, and how many hatchbacks Maruti Suzuki have in the market. If you introduce most of the models targeting the same segment, certainly, the probability will increase and out of the 10, at least 8 cars the buyer have to choose from would belong to a single manufacturer itself, resulting in most of the market share.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Most interesting fact about Tata Indigo Manza CS is that it will not cut down on the interior comfort of the car as the interior dimension of the passenger compartment will not be changed. Tata designers will contract the front and boot of the car to bring it to less than 4 meters in length from current length of 4.413 m. This reduction of about 42 cm in length will be achieved by cutting down space near the front grille of the car.

Attachments

As expected by Tatas, again pricing would be very competitive i guess. The pricing will be close to hatchback segment pricing which should make the auto market very interesting. Hope it is not tarnished by the 'taxi image'

An advantage that Manza CS has over Etios would be unlike Toyota, Tata most probably would launch diesel version also right from the day 1. Where as date for Etios diesel version launch is yet to be confirmed.
Major hitch for Manza CS would be the quality of interiors. If Tata can manage to sort this issue, then it will be a sure winner in the segment. It might very well draw the attention of hatchback buyers as well due to its competitive pricing

Re: Tata Launches Facelifted Manza Elan

Hi guys, any idea when an actual CS version of Manza expected? I am very much looking forward to it. I somehow thought that Elan is going to be the Manza CS.

Re: Tata Launches Facelifted Manza Elan

Hi guys, any idea when an actual CS version of Manza expected? I am very much looking forward to it. I somehow thought that Elan is going to be the Manza CS.
well i dont think tata is going to launch CS version of manza any time soon atleast not till 2012 for sure.Manza is doing pretty good and so is its current CS version with tdi and CR4 engines.So if you are looking to buy manza, go for current version.

Top Bottom