Tata Indica Vista: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: indica vista clutch disc worn out by 21000km

Try again complaining to the manager, if he doesn't respond then try Them through mail or a phone call to HQ, IMO a normal clutch life should come upto 30-50k.
Got an email from tata motors saying cochin regional office will take up the issue.next day morning got clutch replaced free of cost except release bearing of clutch.thanks to automotive india.

Got an email from tata motors saying cochin regional office will take up the issue.next day morning got clutch replaced free of cost except release bearing of clutch.thanks to automotive india.
That's a very good new's, but why didn't TATA honour the warranty at the first time itself,these simple things if taken care the ownership experience with the brand will be much more sweeter which leads to repeat sales from that customer.

Re: Tata Indica Vista VX 2011 - Ownership Issues

only the crying child gets milk old saying. if u dont complain dealer gets the spare parts margin. labour cost is chargeable under extended warranty.

only the crying child gets milk old saying. if u dont complain dealer gets the spare parts margin. labour cost is chargeable under extended warranty.
Such attitude by a few individual dealer's are bringing the whole companies reputation down.

Last week had a breakdown of my indica vista suddenly after parking at a supermarket found it difficult to engage gears some how shifted gears as clutch pedal was down reached service centre they said ur clutch disc is worn that too at 21000km.i dont ride on the clutch nor use half clutch to ride on up hills. i had no prior vehicle stalling prior as should occur with worn out clutch.Dealer refuses to get clutch replaced under extended warranty. extended warranty brochure gives for clutch replacement till 30,000km. reason is extended warranty is not by tata its by a company called global they deny saying clutch disc goes by wear and tear. how do i prove about my clutch usage. i suspect a manufacturing defect, vehicle is just 3 months past warranty of 2yrs.

@kenlitting - Good that you took up the issue with TATA motors. Extended Warrant should cover the clutch assembly partsh. BTW did you or the dealer try to find out as to why the issue arised in the first place? I am surprised that this has occured at 21K kms.

@kenlitting - Good that you took up the issue with TATA motors. Extended Warrant should cover the clutch assembly partsh. BTW did you or the dealer try to find out as to why the issue arised in the first place? I am surprised that this has occured at 21K kms.
ya tried talking with dealer works manager he gave lame excuses as it has hydraulic clutch so even if while driving u keep ur foot on it clutch wears off. but i swear never i keep leg constantly on clutch. my rides are usually long rides so less clutch usage also.he also told that unused vehicle clutch becomes hard so later can wear off easily.i dont have any idea of this.

You get in direct touch with the extended warranty personnel attached with a particular dealership for this particular issue. Normally no dealers honours the warranty for clutch as it is a wear and tear item, however you need to convince the insurance personnel on your own. I will suggest to contact him personally.

Above incidence is a clear example showing the attitude of TATA motors and that of the dealers.
While TATA is trying hard to erase the black spots on its After Sales Service, the dealers are sparing no efforts in putting more black spots. We welcome such gesture from TATA motors.

Hey folks, I hope this is the right section to ask this. Just wanted some clarification for present owners of the Vista VX.

I just had a test drive of the Vista VX today and was quite pleased with the car overall.
One thing that really is bothering me though is the seek buttons on the steering mounted controls. When seek is pressed it goes to the next frequency. For example from 94.3 it goes to 94.4
This is pretty stupid considering it should ideally jump to the next saved radio station.

Can any of the current owners please confirm if this is how it is or is there a way you can set it to cycle between pre set stations.

Hey folks, I hope this is the right section to ask this. Just wanted some clarification for present owners of the Vista VX.

I just had a test drive of the Vista VX today and was quite pleased with the car overall.
One thing that really is bothering me though is the seek buttons on the steering mounted controls. When seek is pressed it goes to the next frequency. For example from 94.3 it goes to 94.4
This is pretty stupid considering it should ideally jump to the next saved radio station.

Can any of the current owners please confirm if this is how it is or is there a way you can set it to cycle between pre set stations.
I have a 2009 Vista Q'Jet Aura. In that it goes to the next recognized station. I am not sure if there is an option of saving a radio station. At least this option is not available in 2009 model.

I have a 2009 Vista Q'Jet Aura. In that it goes to the next recognized station. I am not sure if there is an option of saving a radio station. At least this option is not available in 2009 model.
Thanks for your help mate :)

Hi, I hope this is the right section to ask this.
I am having Vista Aura abs safire 2010 model.
nearly 2 yrs of ownership without any major problems.
But now days when i cross road hump at a speed of around 10-15kms speed
i can hear metal sound, has anybody experienced?

Hi, I hope this is the right section to ask this.
I am having Vista Aura abs safire 2010 model.
nearly 2 yrs of ownership without any major problems.
But now days when i cross road hump at a speed of around 10-15kms speed
i can hear metal sound, has anybody experienced?
From where do you get this metal sound? Is it from the front or the rear?

Could you please be more specific?

From where do you get this metal sound? Is it from the front or the rear?

Could you please be more specific?
hi,
i am getting sound from front right side wheel .

once i have complained regarding the sound,and was solved in regular service.
Service Advisor didn't told the solution.
and he told it is common in Manza.

Top Bottom