Tata Indica Vista TDi Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Again a new tata vehicle in our family[frustration].
It joined 2 days back.

This time its my aunt who bought this.
Presently am driving it , till my aunt and uncle master it[shock]

This is tdi engine , terra model . In simple the very basic model in vista.
Its a marine silver colour car.

The very first annoying thing is the speedo and others in the center of the dash.
Driving in night is sometimes scary as there is pitch black behind the steering , which am not used to.
Also reading the speedo is difficult. No tachy in this model.

The very first difference from my marina is the ride height . this one is some what higher. Also the door panels are higher and windows are smaller , so resting the hand in window pane is difficult also during reverse in tight spot you cannot put your heads out.

Regarding the engine , its same as my marina . 1.4 tdi engine with an inter cooler.
The pick up and smoothness is exactly the same as in my marina.
It is said that it has same suspensions as in indigo with an extra twisted rear beam. But no difference. Its same.

The rear seats are as in indigo. Its comfortable and not awkward as in indica.
Though designed for 3 , it can accommodate 4 persons.
So in simple 6 of them can travel with ease in this.
But where do the 6 of them keep there luggages ?
The rear dicky is so small , smaller than the indica.

The dealer delivered it exactly on 14th day from booking. his promise was 15 days. It would have been 12th day , had they been auspicious. Grand ma's strict condition. so cant do anything.

Tata knows its customers very well- That they leave there vehicles outside for service. So they have given numerous coupons . All are effective from 1st paid service. Each has its own percent of discount on service. Some membership coupons are also available , where they reduce the bill some percent on each service. In simple words all are utter waste.

Tata is tata, as the saying goes , the bonnet doesn't open .Its just the 3rd day today. The release lever is working fine , but nothing happens in front. [frustration].

Also there is numerous panel gaps visible easily. some are not even . Bigger at start and smaller in end . I'll upload the pictures soon.

The accesories that are fixed are
1. Korean grade 1 dvd players.
2.Pioneer 5 inch and a pair of tweeters at back .
3.Jvc rear 6x9 speakers(Free with car, 3000rs worth accesories are free and we chose this)
4.Crush leather type seat covers .
5.Full floor vinyl mat and rubber mats above them .
6.Auto cop central lock and security system.
7.Roots vibrosonic horns with musical relay.
8.ER antenna.

Hope the bonnet issue will be fixed in the first service .

Oh God don't make me hear them saying 'All vista terra models have bonnet opening problems'

Kudos for your new ride!!

Sad to hear too many problems at 3rd day itself :(

But i never knew that Paid services starts from 1st ?? This is really absurd

thats a real neat review buddy. sad to know about the problem in such a new car. is the QC dept of tata sleeping?

congrats on your car.

Arun

Suspended
The panel gaps are a problem in every TATA car.

Nice and crisp review buddy!!

How many kilometers has it clocked?

Marina is a much better car. The only problem is that it doesn't sell here. [lol!]

My friend has got a Vista Safire Terra. That car is my current avatar. All Safire's has got braking problems. No other problems till date.
And not all Terra's have bonnet opening problem. Ours open always...[lol!]
I'll try and write a report some other time..[:)]

Thread Starter #6
Today the odo has clocked 188.

Today i was driving it with full load. 6 people on board.
The first ever drive outside the city .

The pick up and response was good compared to the indica , but the acceleration suffered a bit comparing to my marina at full load.

Just then i remembered , that i have serviced my diesel pump. Yes i have tweaked it a bit. The friendly pump service man at tvs was kind enough to service my marina's pump thrice.
At first the pump was like a rocket. innovas will loose to me. Even the petrol zen. It was fun to drive , but he himself said its not correct and need to decrease the timing and pressure setting. after this there was slight vibration, reason wrong pressure at nozzle. At last the third time all was perfect.

My marina at full load with 5 or 6 with there tour luggage has a good acceleration than this tdi vista, hope mine will be better than the new indigo's too.

Yeah marina doesn't sell much as its near 6L. Not many people will buy a tata station wagon for 6L. for same price you get a sumo base model

Now the pictures of vista

First days picture

The accessories

Also there is no day/night rear view mirror. This comes with basic mirror.
For last 2 years i am used to it and find strange in going back to my omni days

The cabin light too looks dated in this. Though it does it job correctly , the looks is like dated one

Panel gap pictures

Last edited:
hey congratulations on another tata vehicle in your family.Tdi seems more selling models as compared to quadrajet.Hope to see your issues with new car getting sorted out soon.

Thread Starter #13
Thanks!
Today 1st service for vista.

Believe me i was shocked to hear that the engine oil will not be changed in first 2 service. It will be changed only on 10000 KMs

immediately i checked the manual and it too said the same.

So why the 1st service?also the 2nd?

1st service

Just to tune your clutch plate settings & Gearing ratios.

Clean the car.

2nd Service

But almost all manufacturers do oil change here! shocked to here that its only in 3rd service!

Is it only for Vista or all TATA cars ?

I suggest you do change the engine oil in 2nd servicing. Then follow the manual, to change every 10K KM.
Now a days the oil change interval has been increased by all vehicles. For my Punto, the oil change interval is 15K KM. But i am planning to get it changed in 1st servicing, which is 3K KM.

Top Bottom