Tata Indica VISTA Quadrajet - Ownership Report

@Cooldahya, sure, you have the right to disgaree.[:)]

All this is with our experience/perception or hearing the things with others. I am not sure if we can find the data to compare these.

From some other forum's comment -
A crash can sometimes be a very misleading input on the vehicle build!!
I saw the pics of a crash between a Harley V-ROD and a HH CD100 in some other forum, the HH did not look too badly off, the HD looked like it had been run over by a truck!!

Thread Starter #17
Hey biker can you post some more pictures of your car showing the interiors and also the panel gaps seen if possible?
Bit delayed ,But Today While washing and Cleaning the Car ,I took few snaps of the panel gaps et al with My mobile.
Here it is:

Attachments

i think all these are minor things for a tata car buddy. you knew it well before buying the vista that it will have such panel gaps. after all, you got such a big car for a small price, so other compromises are expected.

Panels Gaps are no surprise in the Indica.
The Vista is an improvement, but nowhere near the standards set by the Koreans and the Japanese in India.

How come i missed this thread?

good to know that you got a vista , congrats man.

though i have put up the picture , you have taken addition pain of pointing the exact gaps ! congrats for that good work.

Each car has its own set of panel gaps. Must be tata's speciality .

hows the performance of your quadrajet.

i feel our vista is more sluggish than my marina(remember , i have tricked my diesel pump , no other modification)

i think the quadrajet must have very good pick up even if its loaded full. i just test drove one long back.

And 1300 is 200rs more than what i charge here , (err sorry what i did earlier)

I am not sure about other panel gaps, but the gaps present in inside cover can be tightened easily.
Would assume that that is equally or more difficult to eliminate, it is due to the plastic warping post moulding, and it is actually "set" in that shape.

Hey buddy all these gaps can be seen in my Safari also! So this is a common thing present in all TATA vehicles. Just ignore these and enjoy the car!!

But isnt the mat a little slippery?? I have the same flooring in Safari and dint like it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #24
I am not sure about other panel gaps, but the gaps present in inside cover can be tightened easily.
^You Mean the Cover on Dashboard?This cover is secured by a plastic Screw(?) in the Middle which we see commonly used in panels pressed into Body Pillars as well as two metal Lock(not exactly) on top left and right.

Hey buddy all these gaps can be seen in my Safari also! So this is a common thing present in all TATA vehicles. Just ignore these and enjoy the car!!

But isnt the mat a little slippery?? I have the same flooring in Safari and dint like it!!
Floor Cover may be slippery.but Of Course ,Floor Mats are above it;right?

ilango[speed thirst];22811 said:
How come i missed this thread?

good to know that you got a vista , congrats man.

though i have put up the picture , you have taken addition pain of pointing the exact gaps ! congrats for that good work.

Each car has its own set of panel gaps. Must be tata's speciality .

hows the performance of your quadrajet.

i feel our vista is more sluggish than my marina(remember , i have tricked my diesel pump , no other modification)

i think the quadrajet must have very good pick up even if its loaded full. i just test drove one long back.

And 1300 is 200rs more than what i charge here , (err sorry what i did earlier)
Panel Gaps and More.Why TATA cannot improve after almost 12 Years Manufacturing Cars?[frustration]

Thanks.Quadrajet is Fun to Drive and Returns a Good Mileage(17-20kmpl as of now-rough approximation!).Only Pain to Do Thing is ,I try My maximum to Idle the Car When Started and Before Switching off.Both For Approximately 1 minute(Hopefully to prevent Turbo "Cocking" whatever.)

Regarding TDi ,
If You Checked My Thread Earlier ,I was discouraged from buying it by many,since they claims it needs more maintenance.May be, These Guys(TDI) Don't Idle the Car Religiously(While Starting and Before Switching OFF- It is Termed Necessary for TDI TATA Engine's Life as Turbo Gets Affected - Courtesy TASS)? I am not Against TDI and Infact My Sole Idea was to Buy a Indica Turbo DLG and then to Terra Vista TDI Later Settling on Terra Vista QJD.

Ilango Ji ,
Regarding Floor Covering ,There were 2 Types of PVC Flooring Material Available.The First One is A little Thin and Quoted For Rs800/- .Thick One is Better(According to them) and was quoted Rs1200(Ended Up at 1300) .I Used Vaccum Cleaner's Blower to Chase Away the Dusts and I Feel it Works!.

I am from a small town,40kms east of Kochi and Cannot Expect Competitive Pricing on Accessories(and I never prefer visiting Kochi for these works BTW!).

Panels Gaps are no surpri se in the Indica.
The Vista is an improvement, but nowhere near the standards set by the Koreans and the Japanese in India.
Hopefully Some Other Indian Manufacturers(Cars) will Come With The Time with Better Quality Standards;Huh?.(Remember ,I never told TATA IMPROVES!)[;)]

i think all these are minor things for a tata car buddy. you knew it well before buying the vista that it will have such panel gaps. after all, you got such a big car for a small price, so other compromises are expected.
Agreed.The Price Factor,Fiat Multijet Engine,Large Interior,Possibly a Safer Car in Design - I have Few Positives too to Share with.

Thanks All.

Last edited:
Yes the floor mats are above it , but still i din like that PVC flooring. But my dad prefers it!!

The FE figures which you have got is great. Is it average mileage which includes highway running also or pure city driving?? And yes it is better to idle the turbo-charged engines for 30 seconds before taking for a ride and also before switching it off to help the Turbo to relax a little after a spin! We also had a detailed discussion about this issue in a different thread!!

Thread Starter #28
Update:

sorry for the delays.
We had a Drive to Velankanni(in TN) two weeks back.A total of 1140kms and some 30%(:S) run was with A/C ON.Speeds where above 80kmph to 120kmph except for Hills(I took Kumali Route NH220 to save from maddening Kerala traffic).Overall Mileage is 20.67 .Car behaved Well all over through the drive.Don't Know Whether I need to give breaks on long drives.Drive almost 250kms in One Stretch without Breaks.
Once Turbo Kicked in ,It is plain Fun.

I had the Car "Running-in"(<60 to <70kmph) done for the First 2000kms with Oil and Filter Changed at 1000kms odo.

My Observations regarding Fuel Efficiency of Vista is ,This Car Will Give above 16kmpl in Traffic Conditions with sometimes A/C ON.While on a Free Highway ,Driving at 70-80kmph will give 20-22kmpl Mileage.
^^^ Don't take this too Seriously.These are all My Casual Observations.[lol]

And on Last Wednesday ,I went to Coimbatore(Bharathiar University) a total of 400kms.Car as usual ,was Fun To drive .This Time Mileage is Lesser ,I guess.somewhere around 20kmpl since 90% of the Journey I have to Put A/C in the Hot,Humid Palakkad-Thrissur sections of NH47.A/C Cools Fine-This is My Observation.But ,I need to put Blower on "4th" Position(5th is the Highest) so that Rear Passengers Gets A/C Effective.Any Idea If I fix a Fan on the Side Will Help Rear Passenger Cabin get Cooled Faster?
--
Another Observation - Turbos Costs High and if not Idled for ~1 minute(I do this Whenever Possible) may reduce it's Life.
So ,Why Not TATAs and Others bring TURBO TIMER's in India?Will Cost 5-6K More?(in a mass produced car).

--
4000kms almost Completing and There is No Rattles as of Yet.

Waiting for 2nd Free Service.Will Update.

Thats good to hear that you and your car is in perfect condition!

Yes the mileage figures which you have got is great but i guess it can be improved even more slightly in highways!

Yes Turbo needs careful maintenance! Needs to be idled to circulate the free flow of oil inside the turbo otherwise it may get damaged!

And yes if one manufacturer introduces the turbo timer soon then soon it will become a standard feature in all turbo charged cars!!

i was a proud user of indica vista quadrajet for exactly one year.a true car for india.with optimum space,mileage power and everything else.
for me it was much practical and useable than its competitor car like swift and ritz.

i used to get highway mileage of 20kmpl and city 15-16kpl.

and best thing was ride quality .one can hardly compare this with any other car offering such a splendid ride. suddenly roads become smoother .

couple of maruthi owners and ford owner did appreciate vista for its overall delivery.

my only gripe was poor air conditioner. which was beyond any resolution in such a nice car.
would give excellent result if maintained 70-80kmph at highways and 1700rpm in city

great choice and safe driving!!

Top Bottom